Domain Empire

domain osteo / cad dot com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BGH150

Established Member
Impact
I've read repeatedly on this site to stick to what you know (especially when hand-regging). I actually went to school to be a Biomed engineer and considering that field is about to become much more prevalent, I decided to play around with what I know would potentially be useful to companies in the field (albeit eventually).

I plan to sit on these for awhile, but what would you place a BIN price at or would you just list as make offer? I'm predicting in the next 5 years these would probably be more in demand.

- Osteo / CAD in king (would be useful for 3d- printing bone software)

- Vivo / CAD in king ( literally "life computer assisted design" could have many uses in the future)

- Cerebro / CAD in king ( with brain - computer interfacing in it's infancy perhaps there will one day be a market for "Brain" computer assisted design"

- Cereb / evo in king ( short for brain evolution, potentially brandable biotech company )

All Thoughts welcome and appreciated!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hello Beth,

These are the sales for domains ending in 'cad' that have been reported to NameBio.

kp

Hahaha I knew someone would call me out on that, I DID actually do the searches before buying and knew they were lackluster to say the least. In fact namebio has only a few reports for cereb-, osteo-, and other medical prefixes.

As I see it either biotech companies are shopping behind closed doors, shopping at places that don't report to namebio (I think I read only 1% of sales are reported), or are hand-regging whatever is available.

That being said the accredited biomedical engineering program I went through not too long ago was heavily CAD based (So many hours spent in the CAD lab I felt like I lived there) and based on a whois search neurocad and medcad have both traded hands in the past year but were registered in the 90's and 2015 originally which lends credence to my first and second theories as opposed to the third.

Out of the domains I've purchased these are a few I'm willing to hold onto for awhile just to see how it plays out, worst comes to worst I can reach out to my friends currently working at biotech companies and just see if there IS interest if I don't get any bites elsewhere.

Above all thank you for the kindly-worded guidance I truly do appreciate it! (I am listening and absorbing even if I post a dissertation as my justification)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back