Dynadot

question Option to sell a trademark DN

NameSilo
Watch
If you have a domain names of a trademark company what is the option to sell ?
Special to avoid law suit with "x" company in case.

A: brooker
B: Contact company (amiable deal)
C: Put on auction to some marketplace

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think your best option is to let the trademark owner have the name for free. (Or just let it drop)
If you try to sell or otherwise profit from somebody's trademark; then you're facing a lot of expensive legal trouble.
In other words. You have no option to sell.

Regards

Ralph.

•••
I think your best option is to let the trademark owner have the name for free. (Or just let it drop)
If you try to sell or otherwise profit from somebody's trademark; then you're facing a lot of expensive legal trouble.
In other words. You have no option to sell.

Regards

Ralph.
and if its a dictionary word?

•••
If it's a dictionary word you would have to show a completely different use for it than the trademark user. The big one of course is "Windows"

Regards

Ralph.

•••
My first domain name was microsoftcompany.com no trademark issue because was a webdirectory (even Bill Gates follow me on Twitter 2 day's)
After i sell new owner keepet as a webdirectory until dropp
3 owner make a website to sell Microsoft product (Windows, Office) - now the staff of Microsoft get in action
Close the website :P
I see right now (2 years) its support for some laptops and no problem but i think is under umbrella of Microsoft.

Last edited:
•••
Not to create a new thread, hope someone who knows will answer.

Will I be safe from possible legal trouble if register one word name that had trademark on it in the past but now it clearly says it's abandoned?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
•••
well i think in that matter you are safe to choose that name, but wait for someone experienced answer it though.

•••
Not abandoned - its active website
Not to create a new thread, hope someone who knows will answer.

Will I be safe from possible legal trouble if register one word name that had trademark on it in the past but now it clearly says it's abandoned?

Thanks in advance.

But free microsoftcompany.net etc..

•••
You could sell it. I had a company buy a to domain I hard parked for few hundred off me. Weird it's still pointed to my parked page making me Rev and they renewed till 2018.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back