Dynadot

Opinions on Adegro Parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

yes

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
netmeg said:
Yep; I tossed one up at psoriasis911-dot-com; be interesting to see how Google views it once it's re-spidered and re-indexed.

Too many sports/games references & ads on it though; should be all health/wellness related. But maybe that will come over time.
In France, I see 2 Google ad links on the main page:
-The Betting Tip You Need
-Advisory Brokers
The picture ad tells you how to earn a lot of money from home!

Article highlights have no links to continue reading.

Still a lot to do, IMO.

•••
dedekind said:
In France, I see 2 Google ad links on the main page:
-The Betting Tip You Need
-Advisory Brokers
The picture ad tells you how to earn a lot of money from home!

Article highlights have no links to continue reading.

Still a lot to do, IMO.

In France? Where the.. have you been? On a trip to Paris?
Saluti, Michael

•••
I also submitted one domain.
If this works out well, i will be putting more for sure.

Will you be adding more categories?
There are so many that are missing (medical, law, etc...)

Looks promising though.

•••
Unlimited Categories !

denrou said:
I also submitted one domain.
If this works out well, i will be putting more for sure.

Will you be adding more categories?
There are so many that are missing (medical, law, etc...)

Looks promising though.

There are unlimited categories, since you define the site name, all section names (= main navigation) and all keywords for the sections by yourself. The pre defined categories are taken as default, if there are no indiv. section names and keywords defined. There are users that have "optimal" keywords and section names and they earn a lot with these.

YOU define everything! Also your own outbound links etc.

Saluti
Michael

•••
Im getting a little bit of traffic and some clicks so I like it so far. Put up some travel sites such as beijingvisitors.com and scotlandvisitors.com

Sent another bulk upload file over today to try some different topics, parking doesnt usually generate much so it takes some quantity to test the waters i think.

•••
Michael, indeed this looks promising. Can we make changes after the site is published such as outbound links? Can we use a new domain or are there traffic requirements? It looks like some off-page linking work could really pay off. I see this as a great auto-publishing biz ... much more than just domain parking.

Last edited:
•••
vegasplayer said:
Michael, indeed this looks promising. Can we make changes after the site is published such as outbound links?
Yes, changes can be made at any time in the domain definitions in your user area and take effect immediately. Site names, taglines, sub sections, keywords, layouts, colors, contact details... everything is changeable at any time.

Also the outbound links can be changed, deleted, edited at any time and will appear or disappear immediately on the domain.

vegasplayer said:
Can we use a new domain or are there traffic requirements?
You can use any domain you want. No traffic requirements.

vegasplayer said:
It looks like some off-page linking work could really pay off.
Please think of the sense of ADEGRO: Content and a "natural" number of outbound links are absolutely neccessary for the indexing. But be aware that almost only the paid ones are clicked.

vegasplayer said:
I see this as a great auto-publishing biz ... much more than just domain parking.
Yes, it is an auto-publishing system :). There are people publishing 20 completely different websites in 10 minutes. Some use the bulk setup file that is downloadable from the ADEGRO website (Excel) and do the work offline, ADEGRO then sets up all domains automatically.

•••
I check in on my one domain there every now and then, and it's getting a little trickle of traffic. The one thing that kind of concerns me is that the domain, which was previously parked at Parked, and indexed by Google, although not ranking, has now dropped *completely* out of the index. A site:example.com shows no listing whatsoever. That's usually a bad sign. Can you tell if Google, Yahoo & MSN are actually spidering these sites?

•••
Timewarp said:
Im getting a little bit of traffic and some clicks so I like it so far. Put up some travel sites such as beijingvisitors.com and scotlandvisitors.com

Are you sure your domain is scotlandvisitors.com?

WhoIs shows it's regged by Rare Names which is owned by BuyDomains.com
which is owned by Name Media.

Patrick

•••
-> Private users in all countries and commercial users outside the EU:
Your payments always include 20% of Italian VAT.

Does this mean we have to pay the VAT or not? I'm in Canada.

•••
Hi Meg,

that's really strange. Has the domain been off for a little bit of time?

ADEGRO frequently checks the indexing by a random inspection of domains parked for a little bit of time. The indexings are increasing.

I just checked some manually and they all have a stable indexing and Pagerank. I think I can state them here as they are all on ADEGRO's public sale catalog as well:

www.siemens-mobile.at
www.freedgame.com
www.amnesiacproductions.com
www.sleakstylez.co.uk

Cheers,
Michael

packrat said:
-> Private users in all countries and commercial users outside the EU:
Your payments always include 20% of Italian VAT.

Does this mean we have to pay the VAT or not? I'm in Canada.
No, you do not pay anything at all, right? But the ADEGRO payments made to you are including Italian VAT. As a non EU customer this won't make any difference to you. The revenues you see in your statistics, are paid to your account (mostly by PayPal).

•••
•••
adegro said:
Hi Meg,

that's really strange. Has the domain been off for a little bit of time?

Nope, it was indexed when I pointed it to your servers.

We used the alternative where I changed the A record on the domain, because it wasn't compatible with GoDaddy hosting, if you recall. I wonder if that had something to do with it. Shouldn't have, because I do that for all my haunted sites and they work fine and have PR. But the one I have with you is no longer indexed.

•••
netmeg said:
Nope, it was indexed when I pointed it to your servers.

We used the alternative where I changed the A record on the domain, because it wasn't compatible with GoDaddy hosting, if you recall. I wonder if that had something to do with it. Shouldn't have, because I do that for all my haunted sites and they work fine and have PR. But the one I have with you is no longer indexed.
Yes, I certainly remember. But this is really strange. Absolutely sure that this domain was on the index before? The PR bar is white, not grey, but the Google cache is empty, msn's one as well. And neither msn's nor Google's bot have spidered the domain. Quite strange, but interesting thing - if you are absolutely sure that it had results on "site:example.com" before.

•••
Absolutely sure. Google is my business.

•••
tricolorro said:
Are you sure your domain is scotlandvisitors.com?

Oh, mine doesn't have the s!
http://scotlandvisitor.com is parked at Adegro.

And it has been indexed by Google.
I moved it from SEDO and also changed my GoDaddy A-Record.

•••
Timewarp said:
Oh, mine doesn't have the s!
http://scotlandvisitor.com is parked at Adegro.

And it has been indexed by Google.
Fine thing :) And satisfied with the CTRs and revenues? They should both be better than at sedo. Are they ?

Timewarp said:
I moved it from SEDO and also changed my GoDaddy A-Record.
That's a way, but you could have used the ADEGRO nameservers as well. They are: ns1.adegro-dns.com and ns2.adegro-dns.com. Then everything is done very quickly - also in bulk :)

•••
Hmm, well, if you have DNS servers now, maybe I'll change it over to them.

Your site isn't coming up for me right now for some reason.

An idea for the future - you might consider allowing us to set the meta tag for Google Webmaster Tools, and also the script for Google Analytics.

•••
netmeg said:
Hmm, well, if you have DNS servers now, maybe I'll change it over to them.
Yes, it should be much easier for you to use ADEGRO's nameservers. You may also use the bulk setup file and we will setup the nameservers for all domains.

netmeg said:
An idea for the future - you might consider allowing us to set the meta tag for Google Webmaster Tools, and also the script for Google Analytics.
This is a good idea, thanks Meg. We will put this on the list and it should be implemented soon.

•••
adegro said:
Fine thing :) And satisfied with the CTRs and revenues? They should both be better than at sedo. Are they ?

That's a way, but you could have used the ADEGRO nameservers as well. They are: ns1.adegro-dns.com and ns2.adegro-dns.com. Then everything is done very quickly - also in bulk :)

Yes, CTR is currently at 4.85% and at Sedo I was around 1-2% so I have moved some more domains to Adegro to see what happens.
Love the new nameservers feature, I was able to set up the new parking sites really quickly.

•••
I must say this looks very promising.
But I wonder and have to ask, how can you ever calculate the exact CPC from Adsense for thousands of domains and millions of clicks? I was discussing this with a friend and we thought about a possibility were each click is recorded and then calculated an estimation for the average click in the particular category?

•••
REVISED TOS of Adsense

Hi there !

It seems that Privacy Policy mentioned on Adergo websites is not fulfilling the requirements of “ Revised Terms Of Service of Google Adsense “ which may lead to disabling of that adsense account which is used to display ads on Aderge websites.

Following is an extract from revised TOS of Google Adsense in which google is addressing to owners of websites who are displaying adsense ads on their websites :-

“ You must have and abide by an appropriate privacy policy that clearly discloses that third parties may be placing and reading cookies on your users' browser, or using web beacons to collect information, in the course of ads being served on your website. Your privacy policy should also include information about user options for cookie management “

After above revision following format of privacy policy is being used by some website owners for being inline with the Revised TOS .
Privacy Policy

The privacy of our visitors to ---------.com is important to us.

At----------.com, we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use visit ---------.com, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.

Cookies and Web Beacons:-

Third party advertisements are on ----------.com to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).

You can choose to disable or selectively turn off cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.

Privacy policy can also be generated from following resourses by copying and pasting links into browser's address bar :-

( Hope its free to use following policy generators )

serprank.com/privacy-policy-generator/index.php

OR

the-dma.org/privacy/creating.shtml

Thanks

•••
(Actually, I'm not entirely sure why/how AdSense works for this, but it's not my AdSense account, so not my issue)

What's the difference between the number in the Stats section for Revenue Total, and the Balance number in the Balance & Payouts section? Shouldn't they be the same?

•••
Dutchleader said:
I must say this looks very promising.
But I wonder and have to ask, how can you ever calculate the exact CPC from Adsense for thousands of domains and millions of clicks?
ADEGRO tracks the AdSense revenues for each domain separately.

netmeg said:
What's the difference between the number in the Stats section for Revenue Total, and the Balance number in the Balance & Payouts section? Shouldn't they be the same?
No, the rev total in the statistics section is the total for a certain period you define. Howerver, the account balance is the accumulated total of your account from the beginning (minus payouts).

•••
Then why would the balance be lower than the revenue, when there's been no payouts yet? Or am I still misunderstanding something?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back