equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Give your opinion on the new GoDaddy logo

A_GoDaddy_NewLogo_2020.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Honestly, it's one of the most snowflake, safe-space-infused logos I've seen in my life.

Whatever happened to the supposed POWER of GoDaddy?

It evaporated. In more ways than a crappy logo, unfortunately.

•••
I'm pretty indifferent... I suppose it's alright as far as random shapes go, but I don't see the tie-in to their brand.

Why the hook?
Why the heart?
What do fishing and love have to do with domains and hosting?

•••
I'm pretty indifferent... I suppose it's alright as far as random shapes go, but I don't see the tie-in to their brand.

Why the hook?
Why the heart?

The hook is the key. Once they've hooked you they try to make things easy for you to stay with them, whilst in actual fact the opposite is true. Not the intention, but the reality :(

•••

Why the hook?
Why the heart?

The hook has to do with the fact that they use domains to hook you into using their hosting and services. The heart because you'll love their services...and by love I mean hate...but hey I persoanlly can't stand GD. So maybe I'm biased.

Or maybe the heart is because everyone loves to hate them...lol

Last edited:
•••
The tinder of domains... :ROFL:

•••
•••
•••
ya know, the logo reminds me of when i am unwinding or opening sun shades for my car windshield, I just don't know to think of the funky logo, its butt ugly, it appears to be a "G" turned at a 45 degree left pitch with a Zero or letter "O" at a 90 pitch, i just don't know man

Last edited:
•••
The Brand Consultants they used on this design must be chuckling all the way to the bank. Just like @forge's picture above :) I can't even image the board discussions that would have taken place to accept this when presented.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
godaddy is not only a domain registrar personally I have 0 domains with them
godaddy is a website builder, seo, marketing etc.

ppl with ugly old school logos from 90s trying to teach godaddy designers how to design 🤦 just stop guys.

go and learn what is branding.

•••
ouch.... that is just painful to look at and search for meaning in that new logo. As others have said, it looks more like a dating site logo..... MEETS AIRBNB!!! haha.

Whether they were attempting to make the Eggs look like GO, or somehow there should be a D in there to find with that G I sure am not finding it. I would have not seen it as a hook though until others mentioned it, just a G, but my brain was left searching for the D..... or a clear and elegant play on GO... but the egg shaped, flipped over AirBnB logo is kind of a heart with a lonely G, kind of just creepy and mostly just goofy looking. I can understand moving away from "the Dude" and loud colors, but this doesnt bring any value to the brand imo unless they are after:

GO..... suck an egg!

LOVE the idea of a NP design contest to suggest as replacement!

Last edited:
•••

ppl with ugly old school logos from 90s trying to teach godaddy designers how to design 🤦 just stop guys.

Not this. Most people seem to agree. You obviously don't. We aren't telling you that you shouldn't like it so why tell us we should?

Atm, 47 votes for sucks > 4 Great. Nuff said.

Last edited:
•••

I agree that the new logo is more beautiful and more modern than the old ones. I can see the creativity of the designer.

However, the new logo has a very big, fundamental problem that cannot deliver the right message to people. The first impression when most people see the new logo is that it is a dating site because it looks like a heart. I guess some other people may think that it is a caring, social service or healthcare provider. So it is a terrible branding. If they cannot find a design to represent domaining/SEO/website building/marketing, they can simply use "G" or "GD" similar to the idea of Uniregistry logo, or simply use "GoDaddy" just like Sedo.

Last edited:
•••
Not this. Most people seem to agree. You obviously don't. We aren't telling you that you shouldn't like it so why tell us we should?

Atm, 47 votes for sucks > 4 Great. Nuff said.

I'm in the sucks column also, but it is possible we are all wrong and the 4 are correct :) Anyway I think GD don't care what NP members think about their new design. We are just blowing off wind, and it's not likely to have any effect on them using the new logo or not. God forbid. Personally I don't think the new logo will benefit them in the same way as the old logo did. I have no idea what they are looking for from this new logo, either. It looks like change for change sake. IMHO.

Last edited:
•••
I think that the old GoDaddy logo was overdue for replacement. It always seemed to me a mismatch to a large serious company.

I also think emphasizing Go is good branding. It is positive, simple and does not box you in.

A simpler stylistic logo that can flexibly apply to the current emphasis in the company on marketing and business empowerment, while not restricting other possibilities, makes sense.

Where it seems to fail for many of us, is just how it looks and the mixed, conflicting, things people see in it. Maybe those contradictions are seen as positive by some and that is why early reviews from the design community mentioned by @equity78 are so different from those of the majority in this community.

There is also the question of branding on Go if you do not have the .com and it is in Disney use.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
It looks like a butterfly on the Control Panel.

•••
the original Godaddy logo is quit fit with the brand...even looks not like a serious/large business...but that is where it come from...change that "guy" to an abstract symbol not make godaddy looks better...just image..what if without that eggs? means only letters? I guess even better...

•••
At first view I saw a pretzel and thought of that episode of The Simpsons where Marge buys into a franchise. Then I saw a butterfly, then a couple of eggs and now I also see a tie in with James Bond with it being 007. :xf.confused:

The heart really does give off a strong dating or healthcare feel.

•••
I see the G. Not sure about the D.

•••
I think it goes nicely with what they are trying to brand / market...

"Go do what you Love" - The letters GO to form a heart shape.

For those that don't see the letters GO, or those who are looking for GD
It's a "G" tilted to the left, and an "O" tilted to the right

I don't think they intended the following -- If you want the letters GD, then turn it upside down and you get a small letter "g" and an uppercase "D" formed by the white filler space (it's a stretch though)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back