equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Give your opinion on the new GoDaddy logo

A_GoDaddy_NewLogo_2020.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
GoDaddy should create a logo contest on NamePros with a $50 prize.
They would get better designs. :)

Brad

•••
Oh you know you hit a hot button w/me...lol
You must have seen my Twitter post a couple hours ago.

I've been a loyal GoDaddy customer for 12+ yrs and don't plan to go away so I'm saying this as a fan of GD. But this new logo looks horrible.

What does a fishhook in a heart have to do w/anything domaining?

Bring back the orange-haired guy w/4 hairs & green shades!

#DoOver

Last edited:
•••
Looks like a pair of flip flops.

•••
Did I just sleep for over two months and it is April 1? :xf.eek:
Please tell me this is a joke?
Bob

(ps to make this a contributing post: I do not like it and agree with those who say it seems unrelated to web design or domains or anything the company provides)

•••
•••
Did I just sleep for over two months and it is April 1? :xf.eek:
Please tell me this is a joke?
Bob

(ps to make this a contributing post: I do not like it and agree with those who say it seems unrelated to web design or domains or anything the company provides)

Ok, everyone.
It is now Official.

The nicest guy ever born (Bob Hawkes), is ripping on the logo now. :)

Ray, stop the voting.

It clearly sucks.

•••
Best comment of the day comes from Kevin Murphy @DomainIncite via Twitter:

Screenshot_2020-01-14 Tweets liked by Domain iNames ( DomainiNames) Twitter.png

Agreed, looks like bollocks a bit :)

•••
•••
If they drop the com registration fee to $5 do you still care about the logo?

•••
I think the arrow in the G looks the best and to me says forward moving or thinking.

They should have done something more with that.

godaddy_owler_20190904_062945_original.png

•••
I don't really get the connection between that logo and domains. As others have said, it does look more like something from a dating site.

Brad

•••
Oh wow. I thought this was a joke at first. Until I went to their site.

NO COMMENT.

•••
GoDaddy should create a logo contest on NamePros with a $50 prize.
They would get better designs
GD is responsible company. A lot of full time employees, including those in branding and marketing depts. No need to go freelance or to NP... some of the employees will not be busy then. Also, some lawyers must have been paid for trademarking this joke.

•••
I'll bet $20, this new heart/fishhook logo won't make it til the end of the year.

The GoDaddy (4) haired, orange-haired, green shades dude was their Brand. They spent Millions on marketing that ugly guy. Maybe even spent Billions over the years marketing him.

Just like McD's creepy Ronald McDonald, Just like the creepy King for BK.
I am sure people here can think of many other similar logos.

They built a Mega Brand Character/Logo.
They always come back.

•••
Point of view of this well-known guy:

1*kRcELdIR-ku3wjHjuDSOWw.png

Last edited:
•••
I'll bet $20, this new heart/fishhook logo won't make it til the end of the year.

The GoDaddy (4) haired, orange-haired, green shades dude was their Brand. They spent Millions on marketing that ugly guy. Maybe even spent Billions over the years marketing him.

Just like McD's creepy Ronald McDonald, Just like the creepy King for BK.
I am sure people here can think of many other similar logos.

They built a Mega Brand Character/Logo.
They always come back.

He is never coming back, they have always wanted to distance themselves from that guy, he represents the Parsons Era, he represents hot girls in Super Bowl ads, they want none of that.

Parsons interviewed when he left company for good in 2018.

GoDaddy took some heat in the past for its controversial and often sexist commercials. Has the #MeToo era changed any of the company's policies?
No, not at all. GoDaddy got a bad rap because people said our commercials were a little edgy, that we weren't #MeToo-friendly or -compliant back then. That's bullshit. Those commercials were done mostly by a female. The people who were always paid the most were our female executives. #MeToo exists to expose inappropriate transgressions and I agree with that, but the company always handled that stuff quickly. Our general counsel was a woman named Christine Jones and she didn't tolerate anything even remotely suggesting that there was harassment or abuse. There weren't any severance packages. The company was always that way and my companies now are always that way.

https://www.inc.com/graham-winfrey/bob-parsons-godaddy-resigns-board-tips-pxg.html

GoDaddy Founder Bob Parsons Celebrates Racy Ads His Company Now Disavows

They were also, as one critic recently described them, "the commercials that women clearly articulated to be objectifying and over-sexualized." That was current GoDaddy chief executive Blake Irving, writing in Fortune this month about "why women are so turned off by the tech industry."

It's more than a simple disagreement over marketing strategies. Irving is trying to take GoDaddy public, and the company's lingering reputation as the purveyor of "worst of the worst in terms of sexist ads" has the potential to hurt its market value.

The company listed its "controversial" commercials as a risk to its business when it declared its plans to go public in June. It said in a regulatory filing that if GoDaddy does not successfully "reposition" its brand, "our business and operating results could be adversely affected."

https://www.inc.com/maria-aspan/godaddy-founder-bob-parsons-inc5000-speech.html

They are about inspiration and Ayesha Curry, GOING FOR IT.

A Culture of Creativity is life at GoDaddy.
We approach our work fearlessly, learn quickly, improve constantly, and celebrate our wins at every turn. Everyone is welcome—as an inclusive workplace, our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work.

•••
When you need a press kit to explain your branding and logo...probably not a good sign.

Brad

Lol, Welcome to the world of design/branding. I was working with a company past week that rebranded. They have a 50 pages long brandkit. Their logo is a plain circle, I kid you not. Whoever wrote that up must have been foraging the good kind of mushrooms :).

On subject: I don't particularly like the logo as it doesn't seem fitting for this industry. It does somehow match their entire rebrand though... which doesn't really match the industry either.

But like you wrote on another post, they obviously don't see themselves as just a registrar but more like a digital enabler. It's not that bad concidering what is hot and trending designwise atm. Most of it is well executed. If only they would put the same effort in their backend :P

•••
Oh, and I appreciate they used .design to communicate it, exactly how it should be, from my perspective :xf.smile:

If that's the best design they can come up with under .design banner then they best start using .com again.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

•••
More looks like a dating site logo

•••
I tuned into Twit a few times today and I was really surprised. I figured I would be one of the very few that didn't like it, but it seems to be the overwhelming majority who dislike it.

We shall see if this NP crowd feels similar. I like what the guys above are saying also.
It really does look like a dating site too because of the heart.

Add the fishhook that I see in there...Now it all makes perfect sense.

Hook someone here in our Date Daddy site!
guess that can work. :)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back