IT.COM

[Opinion] Domain Name Development -> Appraisal value added?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello.

In your opinion:

To increase the appraisal value of a domain name WITHOUT traffic e.g. a newly-registered domain name, especially one with a very marketable name, what type of development would you suggest would increase the appraisal value AND by what amount in this market and say over the next 12 months if it is converted to a website?

Consider a standard individual-page website that needs a webmaster to make content revisions OR one with a Content Management System (CMS) infrastructure that doesn't require a webmaster for content revisions and/or other software you think would be good to add as a nice incentive to close the sale. Also, consider whether or not the domain had already been picked up by major search engines.

I have my opinion, but I'd like to hear from others in this thread.

Hopefully the feedback will benefit many folks.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is hard to give you advice not knowing the name.

It depends on the domain name and the market you are targeting.

What is the domain name?

Have you thought of turnkey websites
checkout http://www.namepros.com/turnkey-websites-for-sale/
and another example of turnkey websites is in my signature My Domain Portfolio

Cheers

•••
Thanks for your reply, coreyg.

I've been busy on a project...

What I'm referencing are topics I've run across over the last couple of years that asks the question regarding whether to sell undeveloped domains that are parked (or not) or to develop them to bring in more income than parked domains.

If developed is deemed to be better, what type of base development, in your opinion, provides the higher or highest appraisal value for domains that are too new to get those high traffic numbers? And then similarly for domains that are getting some traffic (not really high numbers but respectable).

I know the final appraisal value depends on the name itself as well as the name also drives the type of full development 'required' which depends on the buyer's marketing plan, but I'm only referring to the say, minimum development contribution piece that gives a significant boost over domain parking and then work up from there. Again, I have my opinion but I'd like to hear others'.

Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back