IT.COM

.online .online nGTLD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Your thoughts on .online

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • I like it - I will buy a few

votes
    63.3%
  • It's not bad but I won't buy any

votes
    9.6%
  • I don't like it / too long - but I will buy just in case

votes
    9.6%
  • Meh, none for me

votes
    11.8%
  • I don't buy any nGTLDs

votes
    5.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

What are your thoughts on .online domains?
It's very generic and not as ugly as .xyz for example, so that's a plus - but perhaps a little too long to have any success...
Plus most good names are either unavailable or premium...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So where to catch expiring .online domains?...I think it worth it...

west.cn support it, chinese domainers preorder the drop LLL.online and nnn.online domains . but west.xyz ... i am not sure , i can not find the preorder page .

•••
DreamHost's $1.95 transfer deal is over. Back to $29.95....

Best legitimate transfer price I know of now is $19.99 (Name.com).

:'(:'(:'(:'(

Last edited:
•••
I have begun to develop credito.0nline

•••
•••
•••
sportwetten.online sold for $16,318 (not mine), sedo will report it next week.

•••
•••
Namebio lists 6 "sportwetten" sales; interestingly, the .online appears to have brought the highest price of all, by far.

Sportwetten means "sports betting" in German.

Sports Betting Online. Very nice... I'd say it beats Sports Betting Biz, Sports Betting Org, Sports Betting Mobi, and even Sports Betting Club (although this one sure is nice too). Sports Betting Com seems to me the #1 challenger....... Com....... hmmmm.....

sportwetten.png

Last edited:
•••
Why are Germans so enamored with .ONLINE?

•••
•••
Why are Germans so enamored with .ONLINE?

I think the Germans are on to something....

Germany is #3 in .online registrations (with 9.8%), behind China (24.6%) and the U.S. (17.4%), which is remarkable for a country of its size (1/4th of the U.S., 1/17th of China). Very strong numbers from the U.K. as well.

Compare that to .xyz for example: 70% China, 8.7% U.S, 1% U.K., 0.7% Germany.

Germans have registered 3X more .online than .xyz: 27K vs 9K.

From namestat.org:

.ONLINE:

onlinegeographicspread.png

Last edited:
•••
10 years later, newG will devalue .com domains .

•••
i reg the bobdylan.online

gwentcard.online

•••
sportwetten.online sold for $16,318 (not mine), sedo will report it next week.

That's encouraging to .online owners. Can .com exist without it functioning online? That is the reason .online is becoming great.

•••
China's registration of total 67955 .online domains is impressive.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Tomorrow's update will show that .ONLINE has overtaken .VIP for the 8th spot in overall ngtld registrations.

Today's update shows the two extensions roughly 100 domains apart:

#8 .VIP ~ 435,609 domains
#9 .ONLINE ~ 435,502 domains
#10 .LINK ~ 317,083 domains

.VIP is growing at a rate of a couple hundred per day.
.ONLINE continues to grow at a rate of more than +1,000 domains per day on average.

Meanwhile, 3 of the Top 4 ngtld's are in losing patterns: .XYZ, .WANG, and .WIN

I think next year will be very good for .ONLINE!

See more at namestat.org

•••
according to https://domainpunch.com/tlds/topm.php

.online have overtaken .xyz in Alexa Top 1,000,000 , u can filter it in the list.
.online ---- 2,779 entries
.xyz ---- 2,629 entries
.club ---- 1135
.top ---- 1110

it also overtaked .cc
.cc ---- 1925

the next milestone is .co
.co ----- 6120

if .online catch up .co , ......., i can not imagine the future

•••
Overall, another good (cheap, I mean) gTLD, together with .review, download, .date, party, .win (and so on), could make my day :) Pityingly ,ONLINE is not that advanced (as, let's say, .DATE which allows ten year reg for a price of a Winston packet, but it will not be long, gents, will not be long :) I like the recent NGTLDs trends ;) The lower the better.

•••
Just an FYI....

.ONLINE renewals are on sale right now at Namecheap.

Regular price: $32.88/yr
Sale price: $14.88/yr

Multiple years are possible at this promo rate, so you could get say three years for $45. It's the lowest renewal rate I've seen yet (outside of west.xyz which I have no interest in using unless they get their shit together).

Namecheap does not support transfer-ins though.

ncrenewal.png

•••
Hostgator is cheaper (same renewal, but a very discounted transfer), there is also DreamHost listed (amazing pricing, bytheway), but I do not know it, never used this registrar, so will not recommend.

Link - https://namestat.org/online

•••
duplicated post, deleted

Last edited:
•••
Hostgator is cheaper (same renewal, but a very discounted transfer), there is also DreamHost listed (amazing pricing, bytheway), but I do not know it, never used this registrar, so will not recommend.

Link - https://namestat.org/online

I've tried the HG deal, and never had success transferring there, so I couldn't recommend at all. Very poor experience, and support was useless. Maybe they've made improvements though...

The DH promo was actually a mistake on their end I've been told. They were able to honor the transfers that went through (which is very, very fortunate for those of us who took advantage of the deal), but that promo is definitely over.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back