Dynadot

.online .online nGTLD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Your thoughts on .online

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • I like it - I will buy a few

votes
    63.3%
  • It's not bad but I won't buy any

votes
    9.6%
  • I don't like it / too long - but I will buy just in case

votes
    9.6%
  • Meh, none for me

votes
    11.8%
  • I don't buy any nGTLDs

votes
    5.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

What are your thoughts on .online domains?
It's very generic and not as ugly as .xyz for example, so that's a plus - but perhaps a little too long to have any success...
Plus most good names are either unavailable or premium...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks like HostGator has .ONLINE transfers @ $9.99. Many of us probably have a couple of .ONLINEs that we're going to renew even @ $30 so this would cut some costs. Just an idea.

Don't forget about what nomen posted at June 27 : .ONLINE transfers @ $9.99 at HostGator atm. !

•••
With the Discount Domain Club at GoDaddy, my .online renewals come out to $30.17. I imagine the DDC takes something off the price, but I'm not sure.

.ONLINE have only $10 renewal rate @hostgator. I am Gonna changing my registrar.

•••
I've never had a domain at hostgator, and am definitely not at all excited to use them again...... but, if it's $10/transfer, I'm interested enough to look into it! Gotta read some reviews...

•••
$30'ish will prove to be the kiss of death for this extension.

That and the fact the registry left us with 'the best of the rest" to register as they held back the good stuff and premium priced it.

Will be dropping a bunch come renewal time.

Money can be better spent elsewhere.

This extension is no longer a good gamble.

I think the short stuff like LLL's would be OK (Just OK) if cheap enough. Like $5 or so.

JMO

•••
With the current state of premium premium pricing that i see, $30 for .online really doesnt seem like much if the domain is quality.. I have seen that some large companies with .com have also registered their .online. I look at it like this...I rather have one great domain for $30 than 3 less valuable domains for $10 each.

•••
.online is very for english speaking countries

for me ,i only have a few .

tata.online
paypay.online

•••
IMO .online is too long, looks ugly, and renewals are too high.
I agree with you regarding the renewal cost, but if they're too long, how come they're so often used within the name of .com domains, eg salesonline.com? Online is one of the most common terms used with a domain name, which is why I think it's going to have a much higher acceptance rate compared to MANY other new gTLDs.

•••
•••
.Online still going strong : today it entered the Top-10 of all new gTLD's, see https://ntldstats.com/tld
Great. Top 10 within a year and third place as fasted growing domain name.
And a steady growth that doesnt seem to be caused by crazy Investors in China.

•••
I just added:

881.online
887.online

•••
So i tried to transfer like 6 .online domains from GD to HG to no avail. their order page just wouldnt go anywhere when I hit submit. Tried this on both firefox & chrome.

Meanwhile 1&1 is offering $0 .online transfer, very tempting but I think I'll save my self the headache to have to deal with them.

Patience....

•••
I'm going to have to make a decision on my .online domains in the coming weeks with renewals coming up.
I have not received a single inquiry on any of my .online and I believe I own some really good ones like Landscaper.online, paleo.online etc.

Has anyone here sold any .online for good money and if so what?
If there's not enough viable reasons to hold i'll just drop them and move on.

Cheers

•••
I'm going to have to make a decision on my .online domains in the coming weeks with renewals coming up.
I have not received a single inquiry on any of my .online and I believe I own some really good ones like Landscaper.online, paleo.online etc.

Has anyone here sold any .online for good money and if so what?

Cheers

I have no doubt about the ones I own. I mean this first renewal time is kind of time for me to filter the really good ones from the ones I have less conviction of/ones I registered impulsively

I have made one sale so far ($1,250) and negotiated 2 other without my desired results.

•••
I have only one CourseFinder.online, .com version was sold in $50K of the same. This name goes well with extension.

•••
I'm planning to drop all of my .online and .tech names - and then try to register some of them for $1 again.
Radix/registeries are shooting themselves in the foot with dirt cheap registration prices and high renewals. It makes more sense to drop rather than renew.

•••
So i tried to transfer like 6 .online domains from GD to HG to no avail. their order page just wouldnt go anywhere when I hit submit. Tried this on both firefox & chrome.

Thanks offersity for trying HostGator (HG). Too bad it didn't work at that time. But sooner or later we all need to decide what to do with our .online names. And it doesn't look like the Registrars are planning to lower their renewal prices on short notice, as you can see at https://namestat.org/online ("where to buy .ONLINE" on the right, select 'Renew' or 'Transfer'). Although it wouldn't hurt to track those prices every day from now on.

But it wouldn't hurt either to interfere proactive. As some of us stated before, together we own quite a lot of .online names. And if we would be able to act united, we could make a difference. Why keep those nice names for just one year, being forced to drop them shortly after.
That's why we're addressing to all of you.

Me and Rainmaker-NL are working on a plan to approach some Registrars trying to come to an agreement about some interesting transfer prices, including one year of renewal. To make our offer interesting for them also we should be able to offer them a lot of Registrants willing to transfer all their .online names to that particular Registrar.

So here's the deal. If you're interested, send us the number of .online names you're willing to transfer to the intended Registrar for the next '.online-year', that is if he comes up with a really affordable transfer price, where the '.online-year' starts august 26e 2016 and ends august 26e 2017. That way we will collect a lot of registered .online names we can offer the intended Registrar, who will then be able to determine a reasonable transfer price.
After that we will get back to you, so you can let us know if you want to participate in the deal.

As being the owners of YourDomain.Online, we will use the mailaddress [email protected] where you can reach us with your questions, comments, suggestions and last but not least the number of .online names you intend to make part of the deal.

We hope that all together we will be able to make a really big difference.

Rainmaker-NL & Intratec

•••
Last 7 day domain count averages for the Top 10 gTLD's (stats taken from namestat.org)

#2 .top 7 day average: +8968 domains
#1 .xyz 7 day average: +1821 domains
#10 .online 7 day average: +842 domains
#4 .win 7 day average: +648 domains
#6 .site 7 day average: +511 domains
#7 .vip 7 day average: +440 domains
#9 .bid 7 day average: +381 domains
#8 .link 7 day average: -20 domains
#3 .wang 7 day average: -197 domains
#5 .club 7 day average: -250 domains

.online is showing very nice growth, imho.

•••
Thanks offersity for trying HostGator (HG). Too bad it didn't work at that time. But sooner or later we all need to decide what to do with our .online names. And it doesn't look like the Registrars are planning to lower their renewal prices on short notice, as you can see at https://namestat.org/online ("where to buy .ONLINE" on the right, select 'Renew' or 'Transfer'). Although it wouldn't hurt to track those prices every day from now on.

But it wouldn't hurt either to interfere proactive. As some of us stated before, together we own quite a lot of .online names. And if we would be able to act united, we could make a difference. Why keep those nice names for just one year, being forced to drop them shortly after.
That's why we're addressing to all of you.

Me and Rainmaker-NL are working on a plan to approach some Registrars trying to come to an agreement about some interesting transfer prices, including one year of renewal. To make our offer interesting for them also we should be able to offer them a lot of Registrants willing to transfer all their .online names to that particular Registrar.

So here's the deal. If you're interested, send us the number of .online names you're willing to transfer to the intended Registrar for the next '.online-year', that is if he comes up with a really affordable transfer price, where the '.online-year' starts august 26e 2016 and ends august 26e 2017. That way we will collect a lot of registered .online names we can offer the intended Registrar, who will then be able to determine a reasonable transfer price.
After that we will get back to you, so you can let us know if you want to participate in the deal.

As being the owners of YourDomain.Online, we will use the mailaddress [email protected] where you can reach us with your questions, comments, suggestions and last but not least the number of .online names you intend to make part of the deal.

We hope that all together we will be able to make a really big difference.

Rainmaker-NL & Intratec

I definitely wouldnt mind a good transfer discount from a good registrar as I have around 500 of them (with different reg dates).

Thanks rainmaker & intratec

•••
I bought 2 cheap .online domains xxxq .online and xxxj .online - giving them free with RustyAntique .com domain at Auction here.

•••
I have received offers on my below two .online domains at sedo...

PayIt.online
ShareIt.online

I have started RESERVE MET auction with them. So domain sell is sure...

FYI.... ShareIt.online domains was selected earlier in NamesCon 2016 auction event as well but, reserve not met and didn't sold there... Here, I have accepted the initial bid and started reserve met auction...

So If anyone is interested, can participate in auction !! 4 days 23 hours to go...

•••
I love .online, it's a cool extension :)

•••
Looking over Uniregistry's sales report and I see two .online's....
Question is, are they ACTUAL, completed sales? Hard to say by looking at the whois....
But, for whatever it's worth (which may not be anything), they are claiming to have sold two LLL's:

dma.online - $5000 - 9/30/2015
fay.online - $3500 - 5/4/2016

•••
Looking over Uniregistry's sales report and I see two .online's....
Question is, are they ACTUAL, completed sales? Hard to say by looking at the whois....
But, for whatever it's worth (which may not be anything), they are claiming to have sold two LLL's:

dma.online - $5000 - 9/30/2015
fay.online - $3500 - 5/4/2016

Wow thanks for that info, new news to me.

The only LLL.online sale I see is one at namebio for a lot less....

Were those real sales?

:xf.eek: Neither resolve to any address, parked page or?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :-o:xf.confused:

•••
I would just advise taking it with a side of salt... really hard to say if those sales are legit.

You're right, just one LLL sale is listed on namebio at the moment.... but, stay tuned because more in the $xxx range will come to light in the next month. ;)

Side note: I'm in the process of transferring a few .online's to Hostgator at the $10 rate. I've never had any domains with them so let's see how it goes. The price is too good to NOT give it a shot...

•••
I had posted before that I have sold 3 and 4 letter online for low to mix xxx.
I was fortunate to grab allot of the acronyms on day one.
I don't advertise my sales publicly but there are others who have done the same.
Sales will increase slowly but surely, if you can hold on to them.
Best of luck to all.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back