Dynadot

.online .online nGTLD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Your thoughts on .online

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • I like it - I will buy a few

votes
    63.3%
  • It's not bad but I won't buy any

votes
    9.6%
  • I don't like it / too long - but I will buy just in case

votes
    9.6%
  • Meh, none for me

votes
    11.8%
  • I don't buy any nGTLDs

votes
    5.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

What are your thoughts on .online domains?
It's very generic and not as ugly as .xyz for example, so that's a plus - but perhaps a little too long to have any success...
Plus most good names are either unavailable or premium...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
emba.online ( executive mba)
sendfax.online
I was kinda pissed when I discovered sendfax.online was taken. :'( Nice one dude! ;)

Last edited:
•••
Currently I have 2 - 4 more in auction (but I'm not going to bid on them).
Must... resist.... registering more.... :ahhh:

With all the news about how impressive the first day was it's hard not to get sucked into... and I only have $2 left in my Paypal account :'( (promised myself only spend the money in my PP)

•••
I think there is a problem that nobody has touched on yet. The letters "o n l i n e" don't end the alphabet.

•••
I think there is a problem that nobody has touched on yet. The letters "o n l i n e" don't end the alphabet.
So you are a .xyz supporter now?

•••
There are closet supporters too :)

•••
Is .Online recognized by search engines yet??

I have bought a few and have a couple parked at sedo.... But when I type their address in to google or my browser on my iPhone they don't show up.

•••
•••
^ I wish I had the gumption to get websites done that quickly!

•••
Guys, could you please advise the registrar, offering cheapest .onlines at the moment?

The TLD is indeed, long and doesn't look promising to me, so I'd like to buy one or two, but more as an experiment.

Right now I see prices about $35 / 30 EUR, which is totally ridiculous for a new, 6 (six!) characters TLD.

(for those, who might be looking for a cheaper offer: note that some registrars offer discounted registration, but renewal fee is at least 2x more)

•••
Guys, could you please advise the registrar, offering cheapest .onlines at the moment?

The TLD is indeed, long and doesn't look promising to me, so I'd like to buy one or two, but more as an experiment.

Right now I see prices about $35 / 30 EUR, which is totally ridiculous for a new, 6 (six!) characters TLD.

(for those, who might be looking for a cheaper offer: note that some registrars offer discounted registration, but renewal fee is at least 2x more)

Check different registrars... you should be able to find them cheaper.
I think 1 and 1 has them at about $10+/-... or at least one of them does.

Just remember... that is only for the first year... they will go back up to $30 when its time to renew.

Cheers

•••
Not much discussion on .ONLINE other than a showcase thread and the NNNN.online I started a month ago. I just find is surprising that few people talk about this gTLD given the amount of hand registered names. Yes one can make the argument that it's pure speculation due to the lack of sales seen on Namebio for XXX or higher. But there were a couple good sales at Namescon for .ONLINE and the extension can be applied to anything really.

As of right now for the short domains:

1N to 4N are all gone - I started the 4N thread this month and in 2 weeks over 4000 names were hand reg'd
1L,2L are long gone
3L.ONLINE - Just did a scan and there are 4230 out of 17576 possible combinations left. Please pm me if your interested in a list to see what's remaining.

Any thoughts out there since it's a seldomly seen gTLD thus far?

•••
I had high hopes for online but seems not many sales reported to date.

My best one is:

ImportExport.online
:xf.rolleyes:

Which I felt had potential to sell easily considering the size of the niche

Maybe in time once online is recognized more but with so many TLD now tons off domains seem to get lost in the mix

Probably if I actively approached potential end users to sell it could get some decent $$$ .

•••
.Online is still in acquisition mode. Very few people have been talking about this extension, yet everyday I've seen over 1000+ being bought on the registrar stats. It's building up, but too early for XXX sales that you would see on Namebio. 1N to 4N is gone and it happened in the blink of an eye, 1L-2L are gone, 3L has less than 25% remaining as i just checked a couple days ago.

http://www.registrarstats.com/TLDDomainCounts.aspx

•••
It's actually impressive that there were 4226 .online when I first posted on the NNNN.online thread January 2nd. Then when checked 10 days later on the 12th, they were all gone. Even at a super discount of lets say $5, that's $21,130 gone in less than a couple weeks, so the amount is impressive. Then everyday seeing 1000+ get bought, it adds up for sure.

•••
I did a scan on Jan 22nd for LLL.ONLINE and there were 4230 left. Tonight I checked and it's down to 3742. So a good chunk of the daily sales shown in the registrarStats link are likely from that.

http://www.registrarstats.com/TLDDomainCounts.aspx

I figured out how to separate search results with commas after getting a list from name.com, it makes the process much faster to check a list again.

•••
•••
Sorry everyone, I had a couple other .Online threads posted over the last few months and then merged them into one. Totally missed this one, my bad.

This was the start of the most current thread that was started:

As of right now for the short .Online domains:

1N to 4N are all gone - I started the 4N thread Jan 2nd and in 2 weeks over 4000 names were hand reg'd
1L,2L are long gone
3L.ONLINE - Did a scan(Jan 24) and there are 4230 out of 17576 possible combinations left.

Also, a few sales happened after the last post on here was done:

http://namebio.com/?s=gNyUjMzMzM

•••
•••
I'm still counting on .online domains spiking in value after about a year or so.

•••
•••
•••
Google search.... site:.online
Approx. 120 .online websites live

Slight derail, never tried using site: .keyword with G, great feature. Many new gTLDs appear within the extensions, thanks...

•••
I think we should ask aol if the word online works and is memorable and effective but in the end even they shortened it after banking off of it!

•••
•••
Anyone sell any geos yet? Only one I've seen is LasVegas @ $4750.

I've got some that I'll be hanging onto for a while...

Akron
ATL
Augusta
Billings
Fargo
Greeley
Indy
Joliet
Lafayette
Lansing
Macon
Peoria
Pueblo
Shreveport
Tacoma
Topeka

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back