Dynadot

discuss .Online Domains - Why 3,634 and counting

NameSilo
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
NamePros member @DirkS has requested that I provide an explanation for why I've registered over 3,600 .online domains in the last six months, so here goes;

First and foremost I'm a visionary. I've started dozens of business in my life. I'm 73 years old, and I started my first business while still in college in 1970. Sure I could just be saying this, but if you have doubts I would strongly suggest that you check me out.

Having learned about this industry just over three years ago I've found the .com extension for most new business names to be both unavailable and unaffordable. I've learned that if I were to start a new business today it's unlikely the name I choose for my business would be available or affordable.

Most important, like zip codes and area codes there are literally hundreds/thousands of alternatives, and .Online just so happens to be one of the alternatives. What initially attracted me to the .Online extension was when NamesCon Online (aka NamesCon.com) made the decision to have Radix (aka Radix.online) be a sponsor. Radix then created the domain NamesCon.online to compliment/match NamesCon.com.

When I realized how the .online extension matched up with names like Reservations.online, Shopping.online, Learning.online and Domains.online, I just knew i was on to something:xf.smile: Note that names like Reservations.com, Shopping.com, Learning.com and Domains.com are not only "unavailable", even if they were available, they'd most likely be "unaffordable"

Ironically about the time I noticed the .online extension, Go Daddy and Radix partnered and made .online domains available for a first time annual registration fee of .99 cents, and an annual re-registration of just 49.99 thereafter.

I've spent over a thousand hours in the last six months buying mostly one and two word .online domains, so if you were to add my time to the approximate $4,200 I've paid Go Daddy, I have over $20,000 invested in my portfolio of 3,634 domains.

My critics will say things like, you'll never be able to afford to renew all your domains at 49.99 each to which I have a twofold answer; #1 i don't need to renew a single domain and #2 whose to say the renewal fee isn't negotiable:xf.rolleyes:....as a businessperson I've learned that pretty much everything is negotiable.

Of importance to me is the fact that "if" my .online domains were .com domains my portfolio would be "valued" at over twenty million dollars. Yes, that's $20,000,000 or 20M:xf.smile:

Now is where the rubber meets the road meaning, how do I plan to sell these domains? I just started listing them with the likes of Go Daddy where my current pricing ranges from a low of $199 to $999 and I'm looking to have an annual renewal of $99.....remember, everything is negotiable.

I plan to experiment with financing, leasing/renting and licensing my domains. I also plan to form a "users group" where end users actually have an interest in promoting the .online extension to the world.

Few domains and especially .online domains will sell themselves:xf.frown: Thus I plan on having an "outbound" sales/marketing team who share my vision to make .online both available and affordable.

Finally, I owe a bit of gratitude to the monopoly Verisign for confirming my suspicions about the nature of the .com beast. While the beast is slowly dying, alternative solutions are ready, willing and able to take over.

Thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't know about ThePontiff.Online but Pontificate.Online is available and I think a lot of us do that. I see it's available in .xyz too and I'm wondering if that's one that'd fetch a shockingly high xyz price.
scithe....with Pontificate.com valued at Go Daddy for $3,100 and Nameworth for $29,500, Pontificate.Online is potentially worth a lot more than a buck......the problem? Hardly anyone knows the .Online extension exists and even if they do they're unaware there's absolutely ZERO technical difference between Pontificate.com and Pontificate.online.

It's a lot like someone giving you a Tesla or any other electric car prior to 2000 and seeing if you can sell it to someone....anyone:xf.rolleyes:

As of today I own 4,355 Tesla/.Online Domains, and I'm just looking for the key:xf.wink:

Quote from Andrew Allemann @ Domain Name Wire;

"you're foolish if you think there aren't opportunities in non-.com domains."

Quote from Rob Monster of Epik.com:

"I think a promo deal with .ONLINE is worth pursuing."

•••
Let me shorten that quote for you:
"you're foolish"

•••
Let me shorten that quote for you:
"you're foolish"
DrJacoby.....you just can't imagine the FUN you bring to my gain game:xf.smile:

The fact you followme.online (wish i owned it) at all is priceless.

However you did inspire a domain i just registered that has everything to do with TRUTH!

Last edited:
•••
I see Bulloney posted some .Online promotional sales pitch on the other forum that went over like a lead balloon. Multiple people are asking him what the point of the post is. :xf.laugh::ROFL:

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I see Bulloney posted some .Online promotional sales pitch on the other forum that went over like a lead balloon. Multiple people are asking him what the point of the post is. :xf.laugh::ROFL:

Brad
Is that where he's been lurking then?

•••
Quote from Andrew Allemann @ Domain Name Wire;

"you're foolish if you think there aren't opportunities in non-.com domains."
That's actually a great quote, thanks for the share.

Quote from Rob Monster of Epik.com:

"I think a promo deal with .ONLINE is worth pursuing."
And that one, well, coming from a registrar offering .online, makes complete sense.

One thing if anything, perseverance in the right niche will eventually reap its rewards. Good luck with yours.

•••

Brad
LMAO Brad.....glad you noticed, i thought you would:xf.wink: Maybe now you'll consider joining me in making .ONLINE famous:xf.smile:

•••
That's actually a great quote, thanks for the share.

And that one, well, coming from a registrar offering .online, makes complete sense.

One thing if anything, perseverance in the right niche will eventually reap its rewards. Good luck with yours.
Thanks for the Kudos Hot Key. Ironically I haven't purchased a single .Online domain from Epik, and I've purchased over 4,300 of them to date. The quote i attributed to Rob Monster was actually from a friend to a friend without strings attached similar to your quote;

"perseverance in the right niche will eventually reap it's rewards"

Thank you friend.

•••

Brad
Just an update for you Brad....i'm selling enough "online" to keep rolling through 2022 and beyond. TRUTH ONLINE is a rare thing👏

•••
Just an update for you Brad....i'm selling enough "online" to keep rolling through 2022 and beyond. TRUTH ONLINE is a rare thing👏
Care to share any of the names? It would be exciting to see some .onlines selling the way .xyz have been moving. Even if they weren't commanding the same prices.

•••
Care to share any of the names? It would be exciting to see some .onlines selling the way .xyz have been moving. Even if they weren't commanding the same prices.
I've sold a few names outright like CommunityTrust, but more important I've financed an entire portfolio of over 100 "bank" names "like" NationsBank, CoastalBank etc. that will keep me in this niche for a very long time......the key to these sales is the awareness that most banking is done ."online":xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back