Domain Empire

IDN Newbie | from where to & how to start?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mr.Natwarlal

Grow with usTop Member
Impact
Hello there,

IDN is totally new for me and before entering in that matter I must take expert advice..

Well I have found a character "о" should I use this without any other info (for example .org is available for this one)

What is important while/before purhasing IDN? I have seen in a forum that many 1 character .com domains are worth less than regfee and many 1 character .com's are 6 or 7 figures valuable.

In short what precautions to take before registering idn? first of all I am going to register english domains with foreign characters such as

bitcоin.com (O is above mentioned O &I know this one is registered but it's an example)

Which extensions & registrars supports IDN & which scripts they support?

Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What makes you think IDNs are a good investment ?
Have you seen a lot of reported sales lately ?

Not to mention that the type of domain (bitcоin.com = xn--bitcin-zqf.com) you suggest is garbage.

•••
What makes you think IDNs are a good investment ?
Have you seen a lot of reported sales lately ?

Not to mention that the type of domain (bitcоin.com = xn--bitcin-zqf.com) you suggest is garbage.

Are you sure?? and I have another doubt..

If I registered (bitcоin.com = xn--bitcin-zqf.com) and setting email server for it and if sending any email from that domain, how email address will appear in the recipients inbox.

Abc@bitcоin.com or [email protected]

•••
Suggest don't register the phishing (letter like) domain name -
pay your concentrate on the correct IDNs (such as Russian, Chinese, French, Japanese, Korean...)

•••
Suggest don't register the phishing (letter like) domain name -
pay your concentrate on the correct IDNs (such as Russian, Chinese, French, Japanese, Korean...)

Thanks.. I think I will give try on some hindi domains using English script eg -(hungama, cardekho, policybazaar etc)

•••
While the domain is really a puny code (xn--) as show by @sdsinc and looks quite ugly, a lot of end users utilize IDN's over the Roman alphabet as it can make a domain name shorter. This is because 2 characters in Japanese/Chinese/etc. could represent 4-5 literally translated words of 4-6 characters each (2 character IDN vs. 16 character domain). IDN's show up as what they should appear as (not puny codes) in searches, so users will travel to the site (but it looks like Chrome is converting them to puny codes... so we'll just have to see).

I have no experience in IDN sales and don't believe I purchased an IDN before, but as I'm in Japan and .コム (komu, .com, also going to end in xn-- after the dot [or another puny code]) is about to pop up... I will be shooting for some names such as ビール.コム because it not only looks better than ビール.com (beer.com), but it allows a user to not keep switching keyboards to type names.

If you're not verse in in the language, do not tread into this area.

•••
Currently the IDN market is almost non existent.

As sdsinc says the Bitcoin name is garbage. If you don't know what you are doing don't do it. Especially now!

•••
Thanks guys..

As I said, I will focus on Hindi domains using English script which is becoming popular in India.. I have phishing idn .com domain.. I am not going to register such domains again..

•••
Regarding the Bitcoin,

I've own [ ฿.net ]

A very similar currency symbol IDN

•••
Regarding the Bitcoin,

I've own [ ฿.net ]

A very similar currency symbol IDN

Yeah, it's like BTC symbol.. but which is that script & language?
I had chance to register O.Org (idn).. I gave up and registered BTC.com (idn)..!!

•••
For any query regarding .com domain or .org domain visit this site whiz.in
There is complete detail about .com .net .org etc domains.
You can buy domain from this site also in very cheap rate also
.com domain is about $5.79

As you are new member, I am not reporting this ADVT post.. but someone might do it.. :xf.wink: There is place to advertise your products & services on NP, post this there.. or simply put it in ur signature.. :xf.wink: Welcome 2 NP :xf.smile:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back