Dynadot

discuss .ONE SHOWCASE + DISCUSSION

NameSilo
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
I like .one extension a lot. plus I got a few offers on my .one domains lately so I am all warm fuzzy about it.

I decided to share some warmth by creating a showcase thread. it would be nice for me to hear your .one domains. who knows maybe we can even trade some.

here I go first:

• 3-d.one
  • arcade.one
  • bookmark.one
  • copyright.one
  • dictionary.one
  • eternity.one
  • explorer.one
  • gambler.one
  • immortal.one
  • input.one
  • kinky.one
  • meta.one
  • metaverse.one
  • prototype.one
  • rep.one
  • satan.one
  • subject.one
  • terminal.one
  • torrent.one
  • virtualreality.one

and to get you more pumpted about .one, here is some great sales already, not by me:

hnjgfjh.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Totally dumb, killing the golden goose, this is a problem w/ all the newgtlds, short term greed over long term success.

It's a good tld, keep reg/renewal at $8 and you could possibly have a couple of million regs.

By doubling the reg/renewal from $8 to $15 they're probably going to have around 50k drops.

Make more money than they are now, but no long term vision.

I'm going to renew a few for 3-5 years but drop over 70%, too bad would have liked to keep them.

•••
•••
By doubling the reg/renewal from $8 to $15 they're probably going to have around 50k drops.
187,874 registrations as of September 2022 according to wikipedia. Does that sound about right @jmcc ?
It will be interesting to see how many there are in a year or two.

•••
dropped 5 names... refer locker copyright kinky... so those should expire in few months..... and renewed my top 6 for 2 years... so it's down to 6 for me... let's hope for couple more big sales... been good ride so far with 30 to 40k total sales...

my 6 left:
warez.one
terminal.one
torrent.one
virtualreality.one
immortal.one
hologram.one

feel free share what u keep after these dumb price hike

Last edited:
•••
My list to renew:

Mosaic
Phygital
Psilo
Psilocybin

not sure about Cannabidiol//one and Colour//one yet

•••
yea no point keeping 100s... one is hard sale unless u own top keywords... now with doubling prices they should just close shop and bankrupt instead... no smart domainer gonna pay 15 for 2nd rate keywords... and all top stuff will not drop... so it's dead end for .one owners

•••
•••
Best ".One" public sale so far, according to Namebio:
wallet.one49,000 USD2022-07-23Sedo
Congrats to the seller! (I don't know him :) )

Nice!

Last edited:
•••
Is anyone else renewing for 8 years more before the price increase kicks in December 1 2022?

I only own one .com domain
cannabis.one

I'm open to offers

•••
Is anyone else renewing for 8 years more before the price increase kicks in December 1 2022?

I only own one .com domain
cannabis.one

I'm open to offers

personally I wouldn't unless u have too much cash. good names tend to sell faster. this is regular renew right? I'm curious what kind of offers u had so far. u probably want enduser. we all resellers here.

•••
This price increase is horrendous for holders, it's not like a dollar or two, but nearly double.

From a registry perspective, they may be looking to premiumnize on a lot of forthcoming drops. It is unfortunate though the most action we've seen from the dot-one corp in recent years, if at all, is a price increase.

@mwzd long-term vision is same as us, maximizing profits. But they are expanding on premium reg's AND squeezing more out of renewals too. On their end, probably better to do it sooner than later with less than a quarter-mil registrations anyways.

I'm still keeping what I have, but jees! Still think dot-one is flying under the radar, considering the popularity of the word ONE in so many brands.

•••
It's been a long time. Going through my .ones right now due to the price hike.

Which ones would you keep?

aluminium
carparking
cigarettes
datarecovery
debit
domainregistration
factoring
finally
flu
gey
hno
nye
poi
rye
sportwette
stockphoto
tet
urb
venturecapital
wette
zeo

•••
It's been a long time. Going through my .ones right now due to the price hike.

Which ones would you keep?

aluminium
carparking
cigarettes
datarecovery
debit
domainregistration
factoring
finally
flu
gey
hno
nye
poi
rye
sportwette
stockphoto
tet
urb
venturecapital
wette
zeo

basically nothing screams for me... but I'd still keep debit and venture cap.. gl

•••
basically nothing screams for me... but I'd still keep debit and venture cap.. gl
Thanks! My personal fav ist finally one
Dating or sth.

•••
Thanks! My personal fav ist finally one
Dating or sth.

I missed dating.. I'd renew it.
frankly vc is bit long..I'm just fan of the niche...so think hard on it... also debit is a real longshot imo..

heck maybe I'd just keep dating.. people always date heheh

•••
personally I wouldn't unless u have too much cash. good names tend to sell faster. this is regular renew right? I'm curious what kind of offers u had so far. u probably want enduser. we all resellers here.

I haven't make any effort to sell cannabis.one - I was originally going to develop it into a commercial cannabis enterprise web site, which I still might, but that business plan has been on the backburner for a while. It's been a busy for years for me with life (kids, etc.). So I'm thinking now if I should try to sell it and is it worth it to sell it. If I get a good offer in my inbox that I can't refuse I'd most likely let it go. I think it's a valuable name. It sounds just right. It's extremely hard to get a top-level cannabis name and as cannabis legalization moves forward.. I think we're looking at national legalization in the U.S within the next year or so. Yeah, it's reg renewal too. Like the rest of you guys.. I hate it when gTLD companies put the price up like this. They should just keep it at $8 / year and let it grow organically.

•••
any reason I shouldn't renew cannabis.one for 8 years before the price increase? It would be a good way to save almost $50 over 8 years

•••
any reason I shouldn't renew cannabis.one for 8 years before the price increase? It would be a good way to save almost $50 over 8 years

or lose it if u sell earlier. which was my point. the real pickle for u is... is yer name gonna increase in value for 8 years... is this where cannabis is headed... all related things going up... or down in value in time... I pick latter

•••
187,874 registrations as of September 2022 according to wikipedia. Does that sound about right @jmcc ?
It will be interesting to see how many there are in a year or two.
Sorry for the delayed reply, @cooljub,
Have been rebuilding the site and doing a lot of domain name work. The 01 November 2022 zone count was 175,401. Of the domain names in the zone on 01 November 2021, 70.39% are still in the zone. Of the domain names in the zone on 01 November 2017 (5 years ago), 55.46% are still in the zone. That's a lot better than many other new gTLDs.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Totally dumb, killing the golden goose, this is a problem w/ all the newgtlds, short term greed over long term success.

It's a good tld, keep reg/renewal at $8 and you could possibly have a couple of million regs.

Make more money than they are now, but no long term vision.

I'm going to renew a few for 3-5 years but drop over 70%, too bad would have liked to keep them.
These price hikes actually improve the quality of a gTLD but reduces the domain name count. It also decimates undeveloped domain names and makes the decision for people who had been thinking about not renewing marginal quality domain names.

All new gTLDs are not alike. Some of the registries are fighting for the survival of some new gTLDs because the demand just wasn't there for them. Others are changing their markets and focusing on markets that can absorb price increases like that. Agree that it is a good gTLD but it is a very different market today to the one that existed when it was launched. Compared to some others, it is doing quite well. Even the .COM has run into problems in 2022 and there are more upcoming deletes.

Regards...jmcc

•••
I have luckyone.one and the-one.uno

•••
Not mine, but already registered:
oneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneone.one
That's 21 times 'one' (which results in 63 characters - the max. length of a Domain name) + '.one'
^^^^^^^^ This is the reason some people shouldn't be allowed to buy domains

•••
•••
As of September 2022 dot one had 187,874 registrations 👍
with it being January , 2023 I'm not sure what the numbers are now

Last edited:
•••
I kinda like the extension & I'm thinking of getting .one for a project I'm thinking about ...... I'm just saying 💬

Last edited:
•••
Back