IT.COM

discuss .ONE SHOWCASE + DISCUSSION

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
I like .one extension a lot. plus I got a few offers on my .one domains lately so I am all warm fuzzy about it.

I decided to share some warmth by creating a showcase thread. it would be nice for me to hear your .one domains. who knows maybe we can even trade some.

here I go first:

• 3-d.one
  • arcade.one
  • bookmark.one
  • copyright.one
  • dictionary.one
  • eternity.one
  • explorer.one
  • gambler.one
  • immortal.one
  • input.one
  • kinky.one
  • meta.one
  • metaverse.one
  • prototype.one
  • rep.one
  • satan.one
  • subject.one
  • terminal.one
  • torrent.one
  • virtualreality.one

and to get you more pumpted about .one, here is some great sales already, not by me:

hnjgfjh.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
true
but i think theres icann rule against it for all
Not sure about that. Just had a renewal payment declined because according to the registrar, the domain was being repriced to premium by the registry.

•••
Not sure about that. Just had a renewal payment declined because according to the registrar, the domain was being repriced to premium by the registry.

which ext?

•••
which ext?
A rogue one, dot-ooo. Also a rogue registrar, Alpnames. So I guess theres the answer, even if there is ICANN rule against it. Not worth my time to pursue it, really. They can have it.

•••
A rogue one, dot-ooo. Also a rogue registrar, Alpnames. So I guess theres the answer, even if there is ICANN rule against it. Not worth my time to pursue it, really. They can have it.

imo there is a rule against it.. otherwise I see no reason really why an extension like .one is not inrcreasing renewals.. as this would only benefit them and their wallets.. rather than let people keep renewing the good stuff for peanuts.

•••
imo there is a rule against it.. otherwise I see no reason really why an extension like .one is not inrcreasing renewals.. as this would only benefit them and their wallets.. rather than let people keep renewing the good stuff for peanuts.
You may be right...but as far as I know the rule is applied to the number of names a registry can classify and price as premium...lets say maybe a total of 1500 names. So if you have a registry like .one, and you let a name drop and suddenly now its premium, it is allowed to be repriced because the limit hasn't yet been reached. Don't know if this disallows a registry from doing it on an active name or not though come renewals.

•••
Looking to sell Phat → one What do y'all think is the best market place where end-users will be viewing .one names?

•••
You may be right...but as far as I know the rule is applied to the number of names a registry can classify and price as premium...lets say maybe a total of 1500 names. So if you have a registry like .one, and you let a name drop and suddenly now its premium, it is allowed to be repriced because the limit hasn't yet been reached. Don't know if this disallows a registry from doing it on an active name or not though come renewals.
That's not good. I didn't know of this and registered some too. Guess that's why the names were available too.

•••
That's not good. I didn't know of this and registered some too. Guess that's why the names were available too.

you mean yuou registered premium priced .one thinking they were standard regfee ? that'd not be good indeed.

imagine just going through the checkout motions thinking your billed for $10.. and it actually says $500.. except you never notice and go all the way to payment page.

•••
•••
•••
92 already... and tens in my todo-list...

hmmmmm... I think your going too much too fast :)

there aren't even so many .one domains worth having left now :)

•••
you mean yuou registered premium priced .one thinking they were standard regfee ? that'd not be good indeed.

imagine just going through the checkout motions thinking your billed for $10.. and it actually says $500.. except you never notice and go all the way to payment page.

No, I didn't register the premium ones. But I fear if they would jack up the renewal fees.

•••
Tons...
For example, yesterday I picked up COCA etc. Longlist...

p.s. Even in .info where over 6M domains are taken - many good names can be found...

Last edited:
•••
No, I didn't register the premium ones. But I fear if they would jack up the renewal fees.

there isn't really anythign left to reg now for $10 regular fee.. that you should be afraid of that price going up in future. so in this regard you have nothing to worry about.

we were talking about stuff regged in 2015.. maybe some in 2016.. that was $10.. but if unregged, it would be premium now.

but then we also said that .one does not raise renewal prices for things already regged.

•••
Tons...
For example, yesterday I picked up COCA etc. Longlist...

p.s. Even in .info where over 6M domains are taken - many good names can be found...

well I do hope you are right.. for you.

so I hope you start getting offers soon and sales too.

•••
Looking to sell Phat → one What do y'all think is the best market place where end-users will be viewing .one names?
Anywhere if someone was looking for it, it's a sweet name. Easy type-in in the url bar, would result in direct visits. They don't sell often on marketplaces atm, but Sedo looks to have had the most success.

They'll find your dot-one if they want it. I think the lander you're using now is fine. Consider a buy now option when you're ready to sell. You can still list it at Sedo and keep it at Undeveloped, as long as you don't have two "buy now" options.

•••
Waiting for that movie Ready Player One to be released on vid...anyhow obviously checked to see who owned the dot-ones on this. ReadyPlayer/One, reggd since 2015, not being used at all.

But what's pretty cool is the name Player/One (truly an amazing name) is developed and used by a huge company Newsweek Media Group. They've fittingly developed it into a gaming news site. The logo they created is pretty cool too.

•••
Lot of good .one still available for creative minds.

•••
Lot of good .one still available for creative minds.
Well, not sure how creative you want to get with nG's, just because they sound odd if they don't match well. You can get away with nonsense names in dot-com..

•••
•••
I don't think .one is an extension where you are supposed to get creative ;)

•••
Not only creatives...
I see many strong keywords and LLLs...
The candy dish is running low on good fits. A strong keyword or random LLL or LLLL does not work with .one the same as what you are used to.

•••
The candy dish is running low on good fits. A strong keyword or random LLL or LLLL does not work with .one the same as what you are used to.

yeah as much as I like .one
the more I go at it the more I realize it truly does have a very limited number of uses and good potential names.

which in a way makes .one a bad extension for domainers to invest in.

but I guess this is inherent in the extension itself. as is for many other ngtlds.

•••
Per my enduser research (already running .one endusers) - it works absolutely... as any other neutral/traditional gTLD like .PRO/.com/.net/.org/.info/.biz

Last edited:
•••
Per my enduser research (already running .one endusers) - it works absolutely... as any other neutral/traditional gTLD like .PRO/.com/.net/.org/.info/.biz

I am sorry to remind you Jurgen, but you are always frist to say how you have zero success with your .one portofolio.

so how can you say it works absolutely?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back