Domain Empire

One of my site's cPanel signs into my other site? Help!?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kr580

Account Closed
Impact
I own two sites, www.kr580.com and www.sportspsds.com.

When I go to www.sportspsds.com/cpanel it won't accept my logins. I then type in my www.kr580.com logins and it works but it shows my cpanel for kr580.com. Has this happened to anyone else? The sites are on the same hoster but not the same account. I havn't logged into www.sportspsds.com for a good month or two so I can't pinpoint when it happened.

I've tried this on 3 different computers, 3 different internets. All the same.

So I go to one site, put my logins for another and it goes to the other site's cPanel... wtf?

:'( :-/

Thanks for any help - Kevin

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you sure they are not the same account? You may have used the addon/parked domain feature.

Either way your best option is to contact your web host as no one here can really fix your problems, we can only make suggestions such as mine :)

•••
I checked thru all the domains and subdomains, everything. Not there.

I did send an email to my host but thought maybe I could get a quicker responce posting here, hoping this had happened to someone else.

Thanks anyway - Kevin

•••
It's probably due to the sites being on a DIFFERENT IP address. That explains why your sites are not accesible on different /cpanel eventhough they might be on the same WHM

•••
I'm not sure I understand what you said. What's WHM? And I don't see how anything is explained. It's two sites on two accounts and I can't get into one of them.

•••
WHM = Web Host Manager, something used by your hosting provider to manage hosting accounts. I would contact your host as you already have, it is on their side most likely and not something you have done.

•••
Whoa whoa whoa, I'm pretty sure you've done somethin wrong there.

cPanel usually never have an error like those... unless your cookie leads directly to your old site instead of giving you the chance of signing in to your new one

•••
leviathon said:
Whoa whoa whoa, I'm pretty sure you've done somethin wrong there.

cPanel usually never have an error like those... unless your cookie leads directly to your old site instead of giving you the chance of signing in to your new one
Well it's not on my end. It's done this with 3 different computers, 2 of wich have never visted either site or their cPanel's. Not sure how I could make www.sportspsds.com/cpanel link to www.kr580.com/cpanel.

Edit: I did a program called CleanUp! and it deletes every temporary file, cookie, history, etc. and it still does it. So it's not a matter of cookies... it's messed up on the hoster's end.

Last edited:
•••
Something like this happened to a friends of mine. A bit different though. Not sure how he fixed it, so I cant help you.

•••
This sounds like a problem your hosting provider might have to fix, but I was an administrator at a free hosting company for a while so try this:

to login to the cpanel on one of your sites goto yoursite.com:2082

Enter your username and password.

You will most likely only be able to access your cpanel for your website by going to its address with the :2082 added.

So to login to www.sportspsds.com you would go to http://www.sportspsds.com:2082

To login to www.kr580.com you would go to http://www.kr580.com:2082

Hope this helps,
Brian

Last edited:
•••
brianmn said:
This sounds like a problem your hosting provider might have to fix, but I was an administrator at a free hosting company for a while so try this:

to login to the cpanel on one of your sites goto yoursite.com:2082

Enter your username and password.

You will most likely only be able to access your cpanel for your website by going to its address with the :2082 added.

So to login to www.sportspsds.com you would go to http://www.sportspsds.com:2082

To login to www.kr580.com you would go to http://www.kr580.com:2082

Hope this helps,
Brian
I have a feeling your typing the wrong username in as both sites appear to be running on the same ip/server [kr580.com (72.36.180.50) sportspsds.com (72.36.180.50)]. With that being said, your probably not typing in the proper username and password. Once again, your best bet is to contact your host :)

•••
Welp, knowing my host I'll never hear from him. I guess I'll be switching hosts.

Thanks for all the attempted help people.

- Kevin

•••
Sorry to hear that. Moving forward your going to need your user/password for your current host so you can download all the current files....I would suggest you look through your email archives for the email so you can download the backups. :)

John

•••
jmweb said:
Sorry to hear that. Moving forward your going to need your user/password for your current host so you can download all the current files....I would suggest you look through your email archives for the email so you can download the backups. :)

John

I have everything I need on my computer. I'm not worried about losing it all. In fact it will be good to clean up a bit. :p And I wanted to start clean with www.sportspsds.com anyway.

Last edited:
•••
So the loging in with the :2082 at the end didn't work :(

Usually it does, but thats too bad. I take it your host doesn't have very good support. Who was your host?

•••
this could probably be fixed by running

/scripts/fixeverything;/scripts/upcp

but you need root access.

•••
um, Mabe you have confused the login names, that is what happened to me when i tryed to enter one of my sites that was hosted on the same server as my other site.

•••
Brianmn - I did that and it did the same as .com/cpanel. It wouldn't take my sportspsds.com logins but did my kr580.com logins. I don't know if you caught this (or if i even said it) but when I log into kr580.com thru sportspsds.com the URL is http://www.sportspsds.com:2082/frontend/x/index.html . Then if I click something like Mail it changes to http://www.sportspsds.com:2082/frontend/x/mail/email.html . So it doesn't just transfer me to kr580.com... it acts like it is kr580.com.

And my hoster was www.azwebwatchers.com. He was on of my online friends and cut me a really good deal on hosting but he's rarely online. Most of the time he's on AIM but he is always 'Away'. And no replies to my emails. So basically zero support.

adam_uk - Don't worry about it. I'm actually happy to get away and start fresh.

redz - I can guarantee you everything I'm doing is correct. It's not on my end.

•••
Sounds like you got a serious problem.
Might want to contact the webmaster.

•••
BurninDragon08 said:
Sounds like you got a serious problem.
Might want to contact the webmaster.
A: I'm the webmaster.
B: My hoster is nowhere to be found.

I'm already in the process of changing hosts so don't worry about it guys. :p

•••
kr580 said:
A: I'm the webmaster.
B: My hoster is nowhere to be found.

I'm already in the process of changing hosts so don't worry about it guys. :p
Great to hear! Let me know how the switch goes and don't forget to review your new host :)

•••
jmweb said:
Great to hear! Let me know how the switch goes and don't forget to review your new host :)
Actually they're the only other host I've used and never had a problem with them. I just switched because I wanted to support my friend and he gave me a deal. Mistake.

www.bluecapacity.com if you're curious.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back