domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
once upon a time

namepros used to be a fun place
an interesting source of information

maybe I'm going read a book or 2

upload_2019-10-1_12-38-57.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's not being @robful, but @Ideaful!

•••
•••
I challenge you to create some thought provoking and engaging content to compete with your subject. Please, put up a poll, start a constructive thread, do an AMA, break some news or let us know your next project. Let's discuss.

Why not contribute to conversation instead of criticizing those that converse?

In addition, there are many books that touch on respect, humility and kindness.

•••
Why not contribute to conversation instead of criticizing those that converse?

criticizing a conversation, may in fact, be a contribution to that conversation.... depending on statements made therein.
or
criticizing conversations, may in fact, initiate further conversations.
which adds more content and creates a contribution to the forum.

i can empathize, as expressed here
https://www.namepros.com/threads/the-current-state-of-namepros.1149925/#post-7356298

but, I think the Op's anxiety will fade, as the swing swings in another direction.
cuz, what's popular now, can be, a used to be, in the future.

:)

imo….

•••
criticizing a conversation, may in fact, be a contribution to that conversation
True, true. Good catch!......I am going to blame that vocabulary error on lack of coffee, as it was brewing during authorship......Hopefully my point wasn't totally misconstrued.

Last edited:
•••
True, true. Good catch!......I am going to blame that vocabulary error on lack of coffee, as it was brewing during authorship......Hopefully my point wasn't totally misconstrued.

no problem

I had just puffed a fatty and was eating a banana, when I replied
:)

imo….

•••
•••

you are supporting Rob in each and every thread
so
I was not expecting anything else or new from your side

maybe one day
you may get older
and will be able to see through the mist

•••
you are supporting Rob in each and every thread
You seem to be "bashing" or insulting Rob in each and every thread. It is a disturbing trend.

In addition, if you read closely, there are subjects of Rob's that I disagree with, so your statement is not factually correct.

Disagreements can be cordial, respectful and considered "supportive" in a sense. Nobody agrees with somebody all the time. Disagreements don't have to be "bashing" and insulting.

As we kick off Anti Bullying month today, I was compelled to post in this thread, otherwise I would have dismissed it entirely.

How you handle disagreements is very telling. Having said that, I disagree with you, but only wish you the best.

Last edited:
•••
once upon a time

Show attachment 130497

Still is a fun place ..... ☺ ☺.... but you could read 'UK VISA-BABY SCAM ALERT' in you have 30 minutes to spare!

•••
Nothing wrong with Rob promoting his businesses imho. He is not supposed to promote the competitors instead, is he? Anybody can check all pros and cons, right here on NP (nothing is deleted!) and decide accordingly. And if a guy likes to share his sale details - why not, this is what the forum is for. Communications.

What could be improved - and should be improved - is a marketplace. I have to explore new forum posts by using "show only domain discussions" link and exclusively this link, as it allows not to see domains for sale. The number of sales threads is above any reasonable number and the domains quality is too questionable. If I want to purchase something non-expiring - then, with all due respect, NP sales thereads would be the last place to search... And, if one is not in "buying mode" - then he does not need to see the bunch of sales threads at all...

Last edited:
•••
Surely, not quite common to see same member's posts dominating front page persistently. On the other hand, as long as he is not violating any laid down rules and regulations, it's OK with me.
I strive to be tolerant and peaceful.

•••
Nothing wrong with Rob promoting his businesses imho. He is not supposed to promote the competitors instead, is he? Anybody can check all pros and cons, right here on NP (nothing is deleted!) and decide accordingly
Moreover, other registrars and marketplaces are welcome to do the same. We have representatives from Dynadot, GoDaddy, NameSilo, Sedo etc... (in no particular order). If they elected not to do so - then it is their choice to see one supplier prevailing on the largest domainers forum.

•••
Moreover, other registrars and marketplaces are welcome to do the same. We have representatives from Dynadot, GoDaddy, NameSilo, Sedo etc... (in no particular order). If they elected not to do so - then it is their choice to see one supplier prevailing on the largest domainers forum.

I disagree.
NamePros shouldn't become a forum which is mainly promoting third parties businesses, such as: registrars, marketplaces, escrow services etc..
I don't find it interesting to read promotional discussions.
This isn't educating nor fun and I gain nothing from it.
I have added several new filters to my Ad Blocker so I won't have to see it.
It isn't 100% efficient but it does help.

Promoting a business is one thing, but excessive promotion is entirely different and shouldn't be tolerated.
The other businesses are doing right to not join this promotional crusade.

The following forum section exists for promotional purposes and my suggestion for all who want to promote their business is to use it:
https://www.namepros.com/forums/promotional.15/

•••
I don't find it interesting to read promotional discussions. This isn't educating nor fun and I gain nothing from it.
100% agree. But, they are allowed to do so as a matter of fact (forum rules - posting in appropriate subforums). Banning registrar/marketplace representatives from a forum? It is not a solution. What can we the members do? Not to participate in promo discussions maybe, or participate in support-related threads only. And there is always "ignore" button...
Actually, the suppliers should realize that too much honey is not always good.

•••
once upon a time

Show attachment 130497
Every forum post follows the rules sat for the forums so I dont see why you would have problems with it. Let me say it is great you started this thread as it will be promotion for us too....or is it? Did you even think of that ?:-P

On another note, we can fix any issues that you might have with Epik as everything has a solution and sure Rob @Rob Monster would agree. Lets discuss frankly Frank :-D

•••
That’s called highjacking thread; a few updates ... example where discussion is nulled. Classic soc. marketing 101. I’m not against, I’m shocked, ... more surprised that someone follow the 101 book.

•••
@frank-germany - I am actually slowing down a bit on NP after this article came out:

https://www.thedomains.com/2019/09/25/should-epik-just-buy-namepros/

Seriously though, check this out:

upload_2019-10-1_13-42-9.png

That is NamePros. I told you my prediction:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/namepros-alexa-rank-predictions-for-year-end.1152491

If more leaders came forward and shared their best ideas and authentically engaged for the benefit of their fellow man, think about how many lives we could improve. And yes, NamePros would become huge.

They don't show up anymore because once your thread was ranked, it can no longer rank. So, new visitors don't always find great old threads that will help them. Pity.

•••
I am actually slowing down a bit on NP after this article came out:
I am sorry to hear this. I don't think I am alone when I say you have brought some life (discussion) into the forum. It's been fun, educational and thought provoking. The forum is no better when anybody "slows down."

I completely understand, but hope you reconsider. Cheers!

•••
I am sorry to hear this. I don't think I am alone when I say you have brought some life (discussion) into the forum. It's been fun, educational and thought provoking. The forum is no better when anybody "slows down."

Yup, I get it -- just being more selective about starting new threads, specifically because of this issue:

https://www.namepros.com/content-overview/#widget-tab-116

upload_2019-10-1_13-57-31.png

I can comment more on other people's threads, which is what I did here. We can debate about a vision about the future of the industry here, for example. I have no issue with that. No ego here.

So, yes, will remain highly active on NP, but will be more selective about starting new threads. The idea of the megathreads was precisely to prevent the above pattern. They are just evergreen but won't rank.

•••
any time you can start a new thread... but just watching same info (twisted) in two or more threads ... it’s a turn off.

•••
Yup, I get it -- just being more selective about starting new threads, specifically because of this issue:

https://www.namepros.com/content-overview/#widget-tab-116

Show attachment 130552

I can comment more on other people's threads, which is what I did here. We can debate about a vision about the future of the industry here, for example. I have no issue with that. No ego here.

So, yes, will remain highly active on NP, but will be more selective about starting new threads. The idea of the megathreads was precisely to prevent the above pattern. They are just evergreen but won't rank.

you are shameless

you are trolling even this thread

why don't you buy namepros
and close my namepros account?

Last edited:
•••

@Rob Monster

when you want to talk to each other

why don't you open your own new thread

that would bring more traffic to epik I guess

•••
@Rob Monster

when you want to talk to each other

why don't you open your own new thread

that would bring more traffic to epik I guess
What? Open a new thread?.......No way! That's what I thought your threads are for. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back