Dynadot

question On.tv never dropped?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Was this an insider buy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

vote
    50.0%
  • No

vote
    50.0%
  • You are just a conspiracy theorist

votes
    0.0%
  • Go away, I bought it.

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

offthehandle

.Top Member
Impact
Anybody else notice this?
last night I discovered a rare short domain, of potentially high value -----> on.tv on the drop list, surprised to see it in fact a 2 character actually dropping with an April expiration previously registered to a person in Portugal, yet could not place a back order prior to drop time which was 35 minutes on dc and a few minutes to backorder on phe enix, where the error came up that it was not available to back order, yet many other tv extensions were in fact available, so it did not hit cut off time both platforms refused even though it was available and it appeared to never drop so all I can suspect is some insider scooped it up.

Namebio, domainiq have no additional info.

I went to see where it went and it is parked at bodis today and noticed a 1 year phe enix registration. Registered 13 hours ago under privacy at phee nix.

So, the question remains what occured behind the scenes?
35 minutes to cut off for the TV extension, at least if not 1 hour.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Dang!.. that would have been a nice catch indeed.

•••
It was caught by pheenix.
Yes, I know. Thanks, did you get it? Congrats to whoever did. I don't think with all the other lesser valued domains that Phee nix catches and auctions off daily, this one would have had only one bidder unless it was an insider. It was not dropped in the usual manner as far as I can see nor did either DC or phee nix allow a backorder for it. I can post a screenshot from DC showing all other dropping .TV's were able to be backordered and I had sufficient time to do so proving it was not within their listing. Phee nix software simply stated "Not available".

•••
it's a premium .tv, with $4,500 reg fee

•••
it's a premium .tv, with $4,500 reg fee
Thanks for researching that, appreciate it. I guess I need to learn about these sort of non com premiums and how they are handled and they are dropped. Where did you find that data?

Was that today's new renewal price after the drop or the previous owner paid that years before the April expiration?

I don't understand why it would be included on one drop list then not offered, as I stated it didn't drop as normal.

•••
Thanks for researching that, appreciate it. I guess I need to learn about these sort of non com premiums and how they are handled and they are dropped. Where did you find that data?

Was that today's new renewal price after the drop or the previous owner paid that years before the April expiration?

I don't understand why it would be included on one drop list then not offered, as I stated it didn't drop as normal.

you can find Premium TV name list here: https://www.dynadot.com/domain/premium_tv.html

from Verisign TV Registry policy:

Premium .tv Domain Names
“Premium .tv Domain Name(s)” are .tv Domain Name(s) that have been designated as having non-standard pricing, which may vary per .tv Domain Name and may include .tv Domain Names that are generic or common words, as well as certain one-to three-character combinations. Verisign offers Registrars that execute the Premium .tv Amendment with Verisign, the ability to offer Premium .tv Domain Names (“Premium .tv Domain Name Registrars”). For those Registrars offering Premium .tv Domain Names, Verisign will publish a report each day available via FTP site and Verisign’s web interface for download that provides the Fees set by Verisign for each Premium .tv Domain Name1. The renewal fees for certain Premium .tv Domain Names may be different than the standard Total Renewal Cost for other Domain Names (“Non-Standard Premium .tv Renewal Fee”).

•••
Thank you @4pm very much for taking the time to reply here, that price list I never saw before. Like the nGtld's the prices swing all over the place. It will be interesting to see what happens to it, if someone flips it or it remains parked. I still am puzzled about it not being a domain with interest to bid on by more than one person and never going to auction.

•••
Pheenix.com catches premium .TVs and the owner keeps them for himself. No auction. The reg fee names can be auctioned if there are multiple backorders. All normal.

•••
Thats what I suspected, the name is under privacy so could not confirm. However, there was no ability to bid at all there or elsewhere. What was strange was no ability to bid to catch it on the other competitive drop catchers. So perhaps they all talk to one another ahead of time.

•••
No they don't talk to each other. This is not a conspiracy. Most places like Dropcatch do not catch premium .TV's so you will not have an option there. Others have a single backorder option. It all depends.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back