Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

MKA

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When I sell the dot com domain for five figures or more, sometimes I go ahead and register the dot net thinking it might be worth something someday, but so far has not been the case.

I'd say, that if you are able to build a viable site on it with traffic, that the dot net might be worth something then, but simply as a parked domain alongside the valuable dot com in my experience the dot net is worthless.

Just as FYI background, here is some guy (article from 2014) who claims that the dot net is worth 5% of the dot com
https://dsad.com/official-domainshane-guide-drops-value-dot-net-5/
but as far as real world experience, I haven't found any value in my dot nets where I have already sold the identical/adjoining dot com.

Last edited:
•••
del

Last edited:
•••
Well, the .COM might be overpriced but it still has good value as a single world .COM with meaning as far as branding goes.

In my view only the .COM really has value with this term as it is one of a kind.
It is worth whatever the seller and a willing buyer agree to.

Brad

•••
I personally wouldn't let omnipotence.com go for less than $35,000. I'd wait and wait until the right buyer came along. If the guy is asking $75,000. I assume his thinking is the same. Plus he didn't even mark it as a $75K BIN, he made it $75K minimum offer which means seriously, that he doesn't even want to bother with anything penny ante.

Estibot means almost nothing these days it is rare that its value comes in correctly, it is generally too high or too low.

Last edited:
•••
del

Last edited:
•••
platapus? A misspelled domain name for $27K? How does that denigrate the value of a real dictionary one word.

•••
del

Last edited:
•••
Basically, you'll find domainers who go for the quick bucks, and those willing to wait. I assume that this omnipotence fellow is more of the patient variety, like me. You may always send in a $5K offer see what happens.

•••
del

Last edited:
•••
Well anyway, it's useful to see into the thought process of a potential buyer. Thanks.

•••
Hello Astner,

Welcome to NamePros.

Since your plan is for a hobby / entertainment site and not to earn money then paying for the com isn't really needed.
Although you will leak traffic to the com, since it is a bit of an obscure keyword, building out a decent site while the com is parked shouldn't affect your visitor traffic enough pay even the 5k for the com.
I mean seriously, how much direct type in can omnipotence expect?

Anyways, this is jmo, and others may disagree, but building out the site on the net should be fine..

As to your original question, 75k.. that's a lot for this keyword because as Brad mentioned, it's biggest value would be as a Branded name, and the seller can put whatever price he chooses. You can always come down.

Good luck with your site, I'd really like to see it built out and what your vision is for this domain.

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
I line omnipotent much much better than omnipotence.

The former could be a 5 figure name. The later I put in 4 figures. Around the 5k mark as well.

•••
How we buy the domain name

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back