Domain Empire

opinion Old Flippa VS New Flippa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

what accordig to you made flippa a marketplace that was not too favorable for domainer

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • introduction of Flippa Broker team

votes
    20.6%
  • Too many open / active listings due to free relisting option and flippa Classified listings

votes
    41.2%
  • Giveaway of free credits followed by domain appraisal at flippa

votes
    8.8%
  • all of the above

votes
    44.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Flippa was a great market place for domain sellers in past,but now things seems to be changed. People who were actively selling at flippa are hardly listing anything there.. or using flippa just to buy domains

I would request you to cast your vote - what according to you was major setback for sellers at flippa.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What I hear is $9 is what it takes to steer a good auction at flippa? No need to dump all those dollars for premium listing? thanks.

I have to disagree with the word "steer" there.

The $9 is just to list the auction. You have to do the steering and get it some attention in that scenario. Depending on how good you are at promotions, you may not need an upgrade.

•••
I think they need to be far more clear on what you will likely get with the upgrades. With upgrades like home page listing, i was never aware it was just for a day or whatever it is. This type of info needs to be much clearer imo.

I agree and I gave them this feedback in writing some months ago.

•••
Thanks for your feedback, everyone. Since the last post, we've redesigned the homepage, breaking the site down by product, and we'll be redesigning the product pages next. Many suggestions (or gripes, etc) will be dealt with in this v2 of the revamp, which is coming due soon.

To address some of your recent comments here:

We have no alternatives. Only few marketplaces are out there. My observation about Flippa.
4. the $9 listing is good but opportunity to relist unlimited times, is harming flippa.

#4 is something we're also looking into. It allows "crap" to go unchecked, and remain perpetually "live" at auction until sold. I don't have a magic fix for this yet, but we are aware of the double-edged sword we created...

Hi @FlippaDomains, the free relist is a very attractive feature to sellers, however as @sam roy mentioned, motivated buyers get frustrated as 90+% of auctions have reserves that never met. This keeps interested buyers away. Liquid domains like LLLL.com are not really moving as much as other marketplaces.

SUGGESTION 1
As a seller, I will want the free re-lists to stay, but I like to suggest the following tweak: only a lower reserve (say at least 10% from the reserve of the previous listing) qualifies for a free relist. This will cause sellers to rethink their strategy and instantly minimise short-duration re-lists (especially 1-3 days ones) that flood the marketplace currently. This should also move more sales, and bring back motivated buyers.

Like this if you like this suggestion.

Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back