Dynadot

.mobi OK, Let's nail down MOBI Pricing from Each Registrar - I've got two already

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
--> Godaddy is $29.99 for TWO years - They would not tell me when the pricing changes :|

--> Dotster is $24.95 for ONE year ($49.40 for TWO years) :td: - Their pricing changes tomorrow at 8 AM EST.

Now your turn!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
moniker's cart says "NULL" aacck! My names...all my beautiful names :'(

now its null

Last edited:
•••
Godaddy Crashed totally...

•••
yep its down...grrrrrrrrrr

•••
Biggest compnies went down within minutes....Sad...

•••
•••
I successfully checked out and paid for 14 .mobi's at GoDaddy but they are NOT showing up under "My Domain Names"!?

UPDATE (10:15a): Just recieved confirmation emails for these domains but they are still not showing up in my account

FINAL UPDATE (10:45a): 11 out of 14 are now in my account. The other 3 were taken by other people.. oh well.. I'm happy (and relieved) :)

Last edited:
•••
Hope they didnt get stuck into any loop holes...

•••
Moniker doesn't even have it as an option yet...very nice

•••
no luck with godaddy here, but I think I finally got through with moniker

yes, the .mobis I registered are showing as mine at moniker

•••
Selected a few at godaddy, and then no matter how many times I tried, they couldnt be added to my cart !!!

Arggggggggggggggg !!!!

Lets hope they get fixed up soon.

Alex

•••
I don't even have the .mobi available as an checkable option with Moniker...still showing

As of Tuesday, October 10, 2006 at 10:00 am EST, the .MOBI registry has closed for the post-Land Rush Quiet Period. The .MOBI registry will re-open for General (Open) Registration on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 at 10:00 am EST.

as of this post...

•••
Well, Moniker took my money so better fork over some names!

Here's what it says in status:

Register Domain "MYDOMAINNAME.MOBI" 1 $12.95 FAIL Invalid Domain term.
Register Domain "MYDOMAINNAME2.MOBI" 1 $12.95 FAIL Invalid Domain term.

•••
•••
moniker working now (very slow so be patient)...

•••
Moniker failed terribly at crunch time. I even tried a phone reg with them. GD wins again!

•••
godaddy back up..but price is higher now and you have to take two years. $30.48

•••
Godaddy didnt work for me, I got to snag 7 through moniker.
It seemed their .mobi bulk tool did not work (giving you the null error)

You had to go through their mulitiple domain tool registration

•••
Do you believe this? CARSCOUT.MOBI just slipped through my fingers.
I was going to register CARSCOUT.MOBI and at excactly 14:00 UTC today I applied for it with Godaddy. It showed up as AVAILABLE and I proceeded to the accounts section. I filled in my nameservers and went to the next step to pay by credit card. Then a message appeared"OOPS there was an error with your shopping cart" I retried the whole process but this time the domain CARSCOUT.MOBI showed up as taken(not available)
I then went and checked the WHOIS data. I lost it by 00.44 seconds. DANG!
If not for that error I would have had it probably. Now they are offline for .MOBI registration all of a sudden too. OH WELL I did get some nice ones over the weekend.
Here is the Whois data for AUTOSCOUT.MOBI

Domain ID485800-MOBI
Domain Name:CARSCOUT.MOBI
Created On:11-Oct-2006 14:00:44 UTC
Expiration Date:11-Oct-2008 14:00:44 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:PSI-USA, Inc (151)
Created by Registrar:PSI-USA, Inc (151)

•••
Both Moniker and Godaddy took my $$ for the same names. We'll see who gets them. Right now, both are showing nada in my account.

*edit* - Godaddy wins - Moniker choked.

Last edited:
•••
I put my top 15 names through in a first batch at GD. It looked like it went through fine. Then I put that same list through at Moniker 15 minutes later, and all but 2 were showing still available. (GD did reg the 2 for me). I ended up getting them through Moniker, but it's a good thing I checked.

Check whois to make sure you have the name, because the registrars are getting killed, and things will show up in your account that aren't really registered yet.

•••
BTW, I had no luck testing out godaddy promos on .mobi, seemed to just work with the other domains... :(

•••
Anyone know how to be sure if your reg went through ok ??

I just regged a couple with Godaddy - got an email confirming the order.
However, the names are not in my account, and when I do a search for them, they are appearing as AVAILABLE.

WHOIS data is also showing them as AVAILABLE.

Do I re-register them again ??

Alex

Last edited:
•••
I got my own WWD reseller to work - my cost was $25 for 2 years..

Grabbed a few....now showing in my account...took a few mins..
Also showing in .mobi registry
http://pc.mtld.mobi/whois/index.php

•••
I've been watching the whois for the domains I reg'd through Godaddy. One just showed up. Looks like the demand is great for this popular extension!
J.K.

•••
This is a totally different cat.....there are a lot of cellphones out there...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back