Dynadot

.mobi OK, Let's nail down MOBI Pricing from Each Registrar - I've got two already

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
--> Godaddy is $29.99 for TWO years - They would not tell me when the pricing changes :|

--> Dotster is $24.95 for ONE year ($49.40 for TWO years) :td: - Their pricing changes tomorrow at 8 AM EST.

Now your turn!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
More prices

I checked a bunch of others, the common theme seems to be $24.95 / 1 year. Still holding out hope for GoDaddy.

Also, if we could be confident that we would actually get them, 1and1 is listing: ".mobi $39.98/2 years (flat rate)"...

•••
Thanks for the post!, but ooohh, my noob friend, please READ THIS about those bastards at 8-X 1and1.com 8-X

Also, if we could be confident that we would actually get them, 1and1 is listing: ".mobi $39.98/2 years (flat rate)"...

•••
Not sure I'd refer to you as "noob", but I have to agree with movingconcierge here -- biggest mistake I ever made as a "noob" was being suckered in by 1&1s low pricing and suffering for it ever since.

1&1 have never actually "lost" one of my domains though, they just have a horrible interface, horrible billing practices and horrible support. They also have no push feature, no bulk DNS update, it's like being in the domain stone-age using 1&1. RegisterFly still has them well beat in terms of worst registrar though.

•••
More about 1and1....

Thanks for the great info - just read the thread about 1and1...

Yep, I wish I had known this before. I should have suspected when I first used them about 6 months ago. I was just buying a couple of names that were to be parked and take advantage of the website builder thing... Anyway, after I bought them I figured out that the default for purchases is to put them into your existing "package" = = translation: only 1 starter website per package. They were quick to reply that I could change it if I just purchased another year of everything...

Most recenlty, I pre-registered a bunch of mobis with GoDaddy, but, I was tempted by the cheaper prices at 1and1 so I placed a couple through there as well (not realizing that they would not actually putting them through). Half way through the day I could see that nothing was happening so I moved them over to GoDaddy (secured 1/2 of them).

Anyway, thanks for the great information! I will stay clear of them and also transfer any names I have in there now...

•••
Moniker has 12.95 $ for .mobi and a period of 2 years minimum, so 25.90 $

•••
Charley said:
Moniker has 12.95 $ for .mobi and a period of 2 years minimum, so 25.90 $
Excellent news, that's the cheapest I've heard anywhere!

Do you have a link or reference? I can't find it on their home page, or regular .mobi page.

•••
Do you have a link or reference?

I received it via Email from moniker ... If you have an account with them you must have received an email. :)

As of Tuesday, October 10, 2006 at 10:00 am EST, the .MOBI registry has closed for the post-Land Rush Quiet Period. The .MOBI registry will re-open for General (Open) Registration on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 at 10:00 am EST.

This is what it shows on the front page of moniker. :)

•••
My email must have gotten lost in the daily spam. Thanks for the heads-up Charley. :tu:

•••
Yeah, I also received the same email from Moniker. It sounds like the best deal I have found yet as it is pretty cheap and with an excellent company. Come midnight (opening time for the .mobi here in Australia) I will be registering some with Moniker.

•••
Yeah, I got the email from moniker too. Pity it didn't come sooner! Still, very good pricing from my favoured registrar.

•••
Can you guys give me the LINK, I deleted the email :(

•••
With GoDaddy, I wonder if the promo codes will work since its a regular registration.

btw...on a different board, someone mentioned how resellerclub.com will have .mobi at 8.49 a year w 2 year minimum.. i dont know how legit this is as it is not noted anywhere.

If anyone has contacted them or know differently, i'll be all eyes for it :)

•••
Is resellerclub a reliable place to buy names? I haven't heard anything about them.

•••
i have not either... I'll look at it at 10am EST to see what the catch is.. i believe you have to purchase a certain amount to get various price points, which of course we cant tell what that is until .mobi is live to register

•••
too many good .mobis taken before price down

•••
Yes, but hopefully there are still a few gems left!

•••
looks like GoDaddy has 14.99 pricing

•••
suntech said:
looks like GoDaddy has 14.99 pricing

Yup... nice you can do 1yr regs, too! EDIT -- no you can't !

Last edited:
•••
10am guys! (just scooped up 14 *cheap* gems) :)

•••
godaddy registration has crashed

•••
Is it just me or Godaddy's shopping cart is down....

It keeps on showin "Oops We were unable to add your name to the shopping cart...

WTF

•••
I added another 85 to my collection. Much cheaper this time around. ;)

I stayed up all night compiling my list. I still have a few hundred names on my list, but must resist...

•••
Godaddy is not working...

•••
Moniker not reging yet either

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back