Dynadot

domain OhioCannabisDispensary.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello all.
I think this might be my first thread on Namepros.

An appraisal of this name would be very much appreciated.

Cannabis/Marijuana for medical purposes has been legalised in the state of Ohio but I read somewhere that it might take up to two years for the Law kinks to be sorted out and dispensaries to start popping up.

Would this domain be more valuable in two years time?

Thank You all for you time.
P.S Yes am a Domain Newbie

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$0 - $5.

Way too long. It's also too descriptive which eliminates 99% of buyers. Drop Ohio and you're talking!

•••
I respectfully disagree with @Keith. The name is worth more than that. If that is the case, I will give you $15 right now :)

•••
I respectfully disagree with @Keith. The name is worth more than that. If that is the case, I will give you $15 right now :)
In other words it's worth $0 -$5. The op had to pay registration fees.

•••
•••
I don't like geo's with keywords much anymore, but a few industries it can work.

Since this is a new industry, and people may be looking for state level info, which is unusual since cities get most of the searches, it may have minor development value not to the local weed suppliers but the emerging cannabis products companies that are now starting to try to find any cannabis related sites.

While I sure wouldn't waste my time doing a regional project like this, I can see some wanna be developers thinking this could have minor value to them, low xxx to mid xxx to a developer.

•••
Go daddy auction you would fetch xxx for the domain.

•••
•••
•••
obviously its worth more than whats said here, If pot is legal in ohio,,I don't know ,but If I was in that business I would have no problem paying up for this domain. someone has the .org and .net regged ,so she probably dropped by accident . If so a quick 200 profit is probably do-able

•••
just checked the company that dropped .com is different than the same person who owns the .org and .net ,so contact her she is from ohio ,looks like a quick flip ,don't get GREEDY
Pierre Barnard your such a big sport offering 5 bucks over reg fee

Last edited:
•••
These types are in gd close out all the time. Denvercannabissupply.com is $11 with no takers.

So in your 'educated' opinion supply is equal to dispensary?

hahaha

Cannabis Dispensary is the INDUSTRY

It's what people search to find legal weed

That was a clueless post to refer to this major geo industry keyword as a minor term

Cannabis Supply is not the gem in the industry

Cannabis Dispensary is

It is how the various state governments worded the places that dispense legal weed

For cannabis DISPENSARY is the term you want not supply it's why whatever supply got nothing

Denver is a premium geo in that industry too

So what if a cannabis speculator or potential end user missed the denver name, it was well worth the reg fees

Any Denver dispensary would pay a few bucks for the denver term

One man's drop is another man's GOLD

So says the creator of CANNABIS PESTICIDE

Yeah I know something about trends in weed

The big cities with legal weed cannabis dispensary are all a nice registration and worth high xxx to low xxxx

Why? Big cities with legal weed, these terms are GOLD

Last edited:
•••
So in your 'educated' opinion supply is equal to dispensary?

hahaha

Cannabis Dispensary is the INDUSTRY

It's what people search to find legal weed

That was a clueless post to refer to this major geo industry keyword as a minor term

Cannabis Supply is not the gem in the industry

Cannabis Dispensary is

It is how the various state governments worded the places that dispense legal weed

For cannabis DISPENSARY is the term you want not supply it's why whatever supply got nothing

Denver is a premium geo in that industry too

So what if a cannabis speculator or potential end user missed the denver name, it was well worth the reg fees

Any Denver dispensary would pay a few bucks for the denver term

One man's drop is another man's GOLD

So says the creator of CANNABIS PESTICIDE

Yeah I know something about trends in weed

The big cities with legal weed cannabis dispensary are all a nice registration and worth high xxx to low xxxx

Why? Big cities with legal weed, these terms are GOLD
You're almost right - it's in my "very" educated opinion...

3 words, 20 plus letters, very narrowed enduser base. Instead of registering an extremely descriptive and long domain, just buy something like cannabisdispensary, cannasupply...the upside of buying good aftermarket names far outweighs registering highly questionable names for $8.

•••
OP didn't ask you to educate them on domains, they asked for an 'appraisal'.

A geo with that keyword no matter how long is a very targeted domain to a potential end user in that state, so such names 'have value' to people involved in the emerging LEGAL weed industry.

So it has 'value' unlike your appraisal

Is it the best name to develop? No, but someone in the weed industry in that state would definitely have interest in the name so it has value, your opinion is just like mine, you view it as a speculator and to you it has no value, I view it as a developer and while it has no interest to me, I do operate companies in the new weed industry and I do develop domains in the industry and any geo with cannabisdispensary.com has a minor value to end users and in that industry you have a ton of start ups and lots of development, etc.

Write a book on domains if you want to educate people as to your 'theories' if you want to say such a name has no value, great, you're wrong, for the reasons stated above, it's not a major name but it has definite development value in that state for that term and folks that have cannabis products to sell are trying to find such niche sites and while it won't be a major traffic site it could easily develop targeted cannabis traffic in that market so it has minor value.

•••
OP didn't ask you to educate them on domains, they asked for an 'appraisal'.

A geo with that keyword no matter how long is a very targeted domain to a potential end user in that state, so such names 'have value' to people involved in the emerging LEGAL weed industry.

So it has 'value' unlike your appraisal

Is it the best name to develop? No, but someone in the weed industry in that state would definitely have interest in the name so it has value, your opinion is just like mine, you view it as a speculator and to you it has no value, I view it as a developer and while it has no interest to me, I do operate companies in the new weed industry and I do develop domains in the industry and any geo with cannabisdispensary.com has a minor value to end users and in that industry you have a ton of start ups and lots of development, etc.

Write a book on domains if you want to educate people as to your 'theories' if you want to say such a name has no value, great, you're wrong, for the reasons stated above, it's not a major name but it has definite development value in that state for that term and folks that have cannabis products to sell are trying to find such niche sites and while it won't be a major traffic site it could easily develop targeted cannabis traffic in that market so it has minor value.
It has no value which is why it was just recently hand registered for a few dollars. Go ahead and register michigancannabisdispensary since nobody wants that even at reg fee. That was the first similar domain I searched and it's available. I'm sure there are many more $8 domains just like it begging for someone to register, but can you believe it, nobody wants them!

If you run a legit shop you brand yourself under a unique name like frostedleaf, to whom I've sold several domains for thousands of dollars each. You don't take on a company name that won't fit on the building. And if your biz is strictly online, you take on a name with mass appeal. You don't brand yourself to a small group of people in Ohio when websites have potential to reach people around the globe.

•••
Michigan is longer:glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses::glasses: that's like comparing a LLL.com to a LLLLLLL.com :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
•••
•••
I think if you asked 100 people on the street to spell Ohio Cannabis Dispensary more than half would misspell it! 22 Letters and 2 out of the 3 words are commonly misspelled words.

•••
First Cannabis Dispensary is a major search time and the states that have medical or open use of Cannabis are all legit geo prefixes for that term.

Is it a major value term, NO, but to act like a large city or even a state name with that industry term is worthless is not an accurate 'appraisal', it has a limited value to developers in the emerging new industry that Cannabis is.

Anyway OP it has a minor value and if you don't ask a lot for it, it can easily sell before 99% of the truly worthless domains will sell that are usually posted in this area.

First it's a .com and it's a state with new Cannabis laws and it is the phrase that people search for.

Minor value, but surely not worthless as some are crying here.

Some people just hate to be wrong. Will it sell fast, probably not, but a group trying to target market to the main new states with Cannabis might buy it, as well as some Cannabis speculators.

I personally think the larger cities in Cannabis friendly states would be a way better registration for someone trying to put Cannabis .com's into their portfolio, but Ohio is a large population state, not as large as the biggest states, but it sure isn't a small state so it's a decent spec .com for a person looking for such .com's.

•••
I think if you asked 100 people on the street to spell Ohio Cannabis Dispensary more than half would misspell it! 22 Letters and 2 out of the 3 words are commonly misspelled words.

First Cannabis Dispensary is not a potential type in phrase, it's a SEO play and geo's are a legitimate prefix for development.

Not a high end name, but it isn't worthless as some are crying over and over.

It's a geo for a development group.

•••
First Cannabis Dispensary is not a potential type in phrase, it's a SEO play and geo's are a legitimate prefix for development.

Not a high end name, but it isn't worthless as some are crying over and over.

It's a geo for a development group.
Nobody is crying, it's a fact that it's worth $8. You can't register a domain that the rest of the world didn't want and then claim it's worth $50, $100, or more. It doesn't work that way.

Calicannabisdispensary is ready to find an investor at $8 but no takers. I'd argue that this domain is hands down better than the Ohio domain we're appraising.

Don't expect to register a pot domain and get a return, it's too late for that unless you're lucky. Trying your luck in domaining will eventually break the bank.

•••
I'm usually the first one to say that every registered name has at least some value, because proof is, someone already paid $8 for it, so logic dictates that someone else would pay at least that much for it. And being a "glass half full" guy, I also try to envision what the name could be and if I see development potential that would add to the appraised value as well. Almost any keyword rich name has some value as people will search for it. This name could be developed into a directory of OH dispensaries and earn revenue, from ad sales and listings, in 1 or 2 years, if in fact the OH approved dispensaries actually open. But so could OHWeedShop.com which is available, shorter and easier for stoners :hungover: to spell, and a myriad of other better dot coms, that's why I think this name, as a name only, is only worth $8 currently, much to Keith's point. Good Luck with the name.

•••
Hard to say reg fee, as it is great keywords. You might get lucky and sell it for $500 but Keith did a good job of explaining why it really has no value.

•••
Don't expect to register a pot domain and get a return, it's too late for that unless you're lucky. Trying your luck in domaining will eventually break the bank.

Really I just registered today
1Weed.net and OneWeed.net

I think 20 years ago I probably owned 1Weed.com

Now I'm doing some 'development' for weed terms for one reason.

I own a product CannabisPesticide.com

So it's a no brainer now for me to develop weed traffic sites and hang ads for private growers as well as farmers in it.

Now I can probably sell this name that didn't exist before today for a huge amount of money.

Why?

I did in one day a development that I can charge 25K for.

Full blown site now with a social media level membership built, affiliate script, cart, SEO and now the social media accounts are being built and autopost scripts installed and a bunch of other stuff is being added to it.

So people into weed can now have a nice little social media community, free to use, free pm's, free image and video posting.

I drop a banner into my existing ad network and do some articles on it across my alternative news network and bang, it has members and traffic in a short time.

Then what is it worth?

A LOT OF MONEY, so for you to say it's late to the game?

The game hasn't even started yet.

•••
Relax @ben pedri I was simply trying to make point.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back