Dynadot

.GROUP Domain Discussion

NameSilo
Watch

massives

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Which .group domains have you registered? Any related news or sales?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Bad news everyone, I just spent 30 minutes with GoDaddy Support asking about .group domains in the GoDaddy Auctions. Ultimately, this is their answer...

"I checked on your Auction but sad to say, .group will not be available anytime soon. There's no turn around time for this one because gTLDs like .group is considered as "high value" by the registry itself. Though GoDaddy is trying to have this issue resolved, like I have said, there's no turn around time yet. You can list the domain though at Afternic.com because there are not the same restriction."

The GoDaddy rep I just chatted with said "We are working on getting all gtld domains in our auctions, it's just a matter of waiting for authorization from the registry that owns it. You can list a lot of gtld domains with afternic.com though."
And, when I asked about an ETA, he said to email [email protected], which I did.

I noticed that if you try to create a listing on GoDaddy auctions, the .group extension is available. However, one cannot save the listing, the page displaying: "Sorry, usa.group [ :)] is not eligible for listing on GoDaddy Auctions." And there is a "more info" link on that message. When you click on "more info", you get an alert that says "While GoDaddy Auctions supports the vast majority of Top-Level Domains, we can`t list this particular domain right now. We`re working on building out the infrastructure to handle domains like this and will email you when we`re ready to go."

As for the "high value" qualification mentioned in the posts above, maybe that rep was trying to make CJ6 feel good about .group assets in general.

Last edited:
•••
The GoDaddy rep I just chatted with said "We are working on getting all gtld domains in our auctions, it's just a matter of waiting for authorization from the registry that owns it. You can list a lot of gtld domains with afternic.com though."
And, when I asked about an ETA, he said to email [email protected], which I did.

I noticed that if you try to create a listing on GoDaddy auctions, the .group extension is available. However, one cannot save the listing, the page displaying: "Sorry, usa.group [ :)] is not eligible for listing on GoDaddy Auctions." And there is a "more info" link on that message. When you click on "more info", you get an alert that says "While GoDaddy Auctions supports the vast majority of Top-Level Domains, we can`t list this particular domain right now. We`re working on building out the infrastructure to handle domains like this and will email you when we`re ready to go."

As for the "high value" qualification mentioned in the posts above, maybe that rep was trying to make CJ6 feel good about .group assets in general.
I did tell them that I was annoyed that I couldn't add the domains to auction. I wonder if we would get a 3rd story if someone else contacts them.

•••
Here is my .group list, sorted by my evaluation

you are one greedy bastard :)
plenty of great ones in there ... for some reason i like professional group best, of course is not the most valuable but i like it ... and poker is definitely higher in your list ;)

still plenty of good ones free to register ... nationalities (korean, swedish) makes a lot of sense in my mind, also productivity, lean, etc i think are great. You got money (AMAZING) but moneyonline, makemoney are available.

this tld deserves to be more popular ... people still register .xyz :)

•••
GoDaddy .group auctions available? Just received this encouraging email from GoDaddy. I haven't confirmed it, yet. Will let CJ6 do it ;)

Support Staff Response
Dear Leo,

We are glad to inform you that .GROUP domain names can now be listed for sale at our auction. You can view what extensions are available by doing an advanced search when you visitauctions.Godaddy.com.

Regards,

Jess V.
Aftermarket Support
Customer Inquiry
Do you have an ETA regarding auctioning .group domains with GoDaddy? Thank you, Leo Angelo

•••
Just in case the .group registry and registrars don't do enough or anything to advertise .group, I registered Promoting.Group the other day with the sole purpose of organizing eventual .group promoting efforts...

•••
GoDaddy .group auctions available? Just received this encouraging email from GoDaddy. I haven't confirmed it, yet. Will let CJ6 do it ;)

Support Staff Response
Dear Leo,

We are glad to inform you that .GROUP domain names can now be listed for sale at our auction. You can view what extensions are available by doing an advanced search when you visitauctions.Godaddy.com.

Regards,

Jess V.
Aftermarket Support
Customer Inquiry
Do you have an ETA regarding auctioning .group domains with GoDaddy? Thank you, Leo Angelo
Yes and No. I was able to submit using the Create A Listing option. I could not list using Buy/Sell under Manage Domain. Also, it appears that it cannot list Premium domains. I was able to list 2 regular priced domains (currently in Pending Status). I was not able to list "Singles" ($45/yr premium). The error stated...
"While GoDaddy Auctions supports the vast majority of Top-Level Domains, we can`t list this particular domain right now. We`re working on building out the infrastructure to handle domains like this and will email you when we`re ready to go."

I'll post my progress if I get it accomplished or rejected.

•••
Yes and No. I was able to submit using the Create A Listing option. I could not list using Buy/Sell under Manage Domain. Also, it appears that it cannot list Premium domains. I was able to list 2 regular priced domains (currently in Pending Status). I was not able to list "Singles" ($45/yr premium). The error stated...
"While GoDaddy Auctions supports the vast majority of Top-Level Domains, we can`t list this particular domain right now. We`re working on building out the infrastructure to handle domains like this and will email you when we`re ready to go."

I'll post my progress if I get it accomplished or rejected.
I wonder if it matters who the domain name is registered with, if it's with GoDaddy or with another registrar.

•••
I wonder if it matters who the domain name is registered with, if it's with GoDaddy or with another registrar.
Singles is registered with GoDaddy. I also tried "investing," which is registered with NameCheap and is a premium. That one didn't make it in, either.

•••
special.group
metal.group
latin.group
anonymous.group
fantasy.group
secure.group
trust.group
quality.group

Last edited:
•••
special.group
metal.group
latin.group
anonymous.group
fantasy.group
secure.group
trust.group
quality.group
very nice domains

•••
It looks like my pending auctions have moved into Selling. So, great news... non-premiums can be listed in GoDaddy Auctions. (use Create A Listing link)
Now I am waiting on Premiums to be allowed.

•••
Indian
God
Bollywood
Hindu
Babes

•••
•••
•••
Modest direct sale - connection.group, $230. Sale has been added to namebio.com.

•••
•••
.group is available for $4.99 on Name.com and GoDaddy. Not sure if this is a promotion or if Donuts has permanently reduced prices.

EDIT: Looks like its a promotion.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
$3.38 (and lower with their discounts) at porkbun.com

•••
Just saw this domain in use today:

http://ander.group/

I was searching for a different company named Ander and this ranks 1st page.

•••
•••
Interesting offers, you mean threats from IP lawyers ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back