IT.COM

.GROUP Domain Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

massives

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Which .group domains have you registered? Any related news or sales?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had a couple in EA pre-reg, one said error so GD missed it and the other is at auction now.

•••
•••
•••
Abc is a great reg if you can flip or sustain the $240 annual premium,
Plus eap

•••
I got performance & success, both standard renewal. Missed about 6 pre-regs and a few others I had my eye on went earlier in eap.

•••
My List :
GlobalMedical.Group
GlobalFashion.Group
GlobalInsurance.Group
PRC.GROUP
Lodha.group
TheAlphabet.Group
eMedia.Group
Bootcamp.group
Players.group
eFinance.Group
Reality.Group
iTech.Group

•••
Hopefully these will work out for me. A few are premiums (~$45yr).

Wines
Weed
Pot
Singles
4x4

•••
I had a couple in EA pre-reg, one said error so GD missed it and the other is at auction now.
I have one at auction also. I wonder if we are going after the same one.

•••
•••
Adventure.Group
Trump.Group

•••
better get rid of Trump on your domain name because you are definitely gonna lose that name to HIM. HE DOES not joke with his name. Go check the series of UDRP cases he has won which include TrumpCard.com

•••
Does anyone else feel like their premium names are actually somewhat decently priced (when compared to other gtlds)? I picked up a few (although I would have preferred a regular price).

•••
Does anyone else feel like their premium names are actually somewhat decently priced (when compared to other gtlds)? I picked up a few (although I would have preferred a regular price).

Do agree @CJ6
Think they've priced it pretty well and godaddy are doing it pretty cheap too. There was a few articles saying it would be in the $$$ which did put me off initially but then seeing the price on godaddy I thought why not see if I can reg anything decent.

Regd 1 -
Biz.group

•••
•••
On Twitter: 3,445 .group domains registered on the 1st day of General Availability

Last edited:
•••
Dominican.group
Vodka.group

•••
On Twitter: 3,445 .group domains registered on the 1st day of General Availability

How does that hold up compared to other gTLDs?

•••
How does that hold up compared to other gTLDs?
I'm not sure. To be honest, I thought the number would have been higher. I am a little dissappointed.
Donuts needs to publicize more (now that we have our share of (somewhat) good domains).

•••
I also picked up these:

stocks
cigar
investing (didn't pay attention, thought it was investment...oops)

•••
I picked up one that I'm not sure about the tm issues on.. The name is tm but not the name plus group. Its a girls name, my daughters.And more than one company operates under it. The main one is not in the US. What do you think

•••
I picked up one that I'm not sure about the tm issues on.. The name is tm but not the name plus group. Its a girls name, my daughters.And more than one company operates under it. The main one is not in the US. What do you think
I would keep it. If they try to get it, you have proof of your daughter. Others may tell you to drop it. Put a simple site on it and say, "for my daughter"

•••
I picked up mystudy.group I think it makes sense.

•••
http://domaingang.com/domain-news/microsoft-rocks-the-group-with-several-domain-registrations/

New gTLD registry, Donuts, rolled out dot .Group very recently, and it’s already at almost 4,000 registrations.

And all this – surprise, surprise – without giving away one cent promos!

There’s no better affirmation of a new gTLD’s worth, other than seeing a major corporation adopt it en masse.

Software giant Microsoft registered several dot .Group domains, and here’s a small batch that we could find:

activedirectory.group
ageofempires.group
ageofmythology.group
bitlocker.group
crackdown.group
expressroute.group
fable.group
gigjam.group
hyper-v.group
interflow.group
killerinstinct.group
lumia.group
microsoftcortana.group
microsoftintune.group
microsoftpassport.group
photodna.group
pixelsense.group
powershell.group
quantumbreak.group
rare.group
recore.group
scalebound.group
seaofthieves.group
skypemanager.group
skypeprime.group
skypepro.group
smartglass.group
sqlserver.group
stateofdecay.group
storescore.group
surfacehub.group
vivapinata.group
windows365.group
windowshello.group
windowsmobile.group
youthspark.group
zootycoon.group

Looks like Microsoft went after corporate groups within the company, Microsoft product divisions, along with names of software products, including popular games.

Definitely a great endorsement of a brand new gTLD!

•••
Personally, I think MS adopting this domain is huge. It makes me think of a few more domains that are available to register.
If all games out there start creating their own game.group, it will be huge.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back