IT.COM

.club .Club Showcase and Discussion Thread

NameSilo
Watch
With the recent popularity and domination of the new gTLD registrations in the .Club extension, it's appropriate to get a showcase and discussion thread going for the extension. Use this thread to showcase .Club domains you invested in, Discuss .Club, and point out record breaking .Club sales.

I'll get things started by showing off our new .Club that redirects back to NamePros ::: DomainName.Club ::::

What .Clubs have you guys and gals invested in?
Any great .Club news that others should be aware of?
What are some (Verifiable) mind blowing .club sales you've seen?
How much are you enjoying your new .club?
Know of any developed .Clubs that look cool?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
snapped today guys
alterego
nucleus

•••
HI guys, In these days I've discover a lot of good .club pendig delete domains.
I've wrote a list, and try to register them.
But at the exact time they become available for reg, registry blocked (reserved) all of them.
I want to know why registry block every good expired domain, and only crappy domains are available to reg after the expiration.
In my opinion this is an "unfair" game, .club registry works like a domainer, works like a dropcatcher, there are no game for others, only registry (try to) make money.
In my opinion (I repeat) a registry has to be a registry. Do you want to sell a never reg 1 word keyword at premium price (why?, you are a registry) ok, do it (I don't understand why, but do it).
But when a domain expired you can't block it or reserve it.
.xyz don't do it (if .xyz domain expired, you can try to reg via dropcatch/snapnames or via hand reg, but it's not blocked/reserved by registry), .top don't do it, a lot of extensions don't do it.
Expired? First come, first served.
Form now I'll never buy a .club domain.

My list of expired domain in these days, please check, all reserved by registry:
sway.club
inverter.club
moccasin.club
reboot.club
steady.club
decisive.club
lump.club
sentiment.club
precise.club
situation.club
govern.club

and so so on... All reserved by registry.
Domainers are out of the game.

•••
This is great feedback. Thank you. We will look at this policy internally.

•••
New G registries are the wholesaler, aftermarket, domain registrar, etc. Too many have learned the hard way wasting time searching for domains.

Ridiculous to claim, "A dearth of .COM availability" when registries are holding back all the good phrases and keywords. Who else agrees?

But at the exact time they become available for reg, registry blocked (reserved) all of them.
I want to know why registry block every good expired domain, and only crappy domains are available to reg after the expiration.
In my opinion this is an "unfair" game, .club registry works like a domainer, works like a dropcatcher, there are no game for others, only registry (try to) make money.
In my opinion (I repeat) a registry has to be a registry. Do you want to sell a never reg 1 word keyword at premium price (why?, you are a registry) ok, do it (I don't understand why, but do it).
.xyz don't do it (if .xyz domain expired, you can try to reg via dropcatch/snapnames or via hand reg, but it's not blocked/reserved by registry), .top don't do it, a lot of extensions don't do it.

My list of expired domain in these days, please check, all reserved by registry:
sway.club
inverter.club
moccasin.club
reboot.club
steady.club
decisive.club
lump.club
sentiment.club
precise.club
situation.club
govern.club

•••
•••
I currently have a German *.club:

derbeste.club --> This means "the best".club.

I sold worldsbest.club at some point.

•••
I recently picked up ElectricGuitar.club. Its two words but also a specific genre. I like the .clubs a lot. I actually have quite a few .club domains but this is my current favorite.

•••
Regarding the *.club tld (as a novice in this), my impression is that *.club can be used for many purposes/topics with a website and has become thus popular:
- sports club
- night club / bar
- private club / interest club

•••
I have Galas.club for social events etc.

•••
Thanks @Colin Campbell for reply.
Another good one, expired today, blocked and reserved by registry:
macy.club

•••
I am sorry to say, but the names you are after are bad. What's good about Macy ? It looks like a possible TM issue.
But it is sad that the registries are blocking everything, not just the good keywords.

•••
Point here is not good/bad names or my names are better than yours.
Point here is: registry block 1 word keyword.
Domainers/investors/drop catcher companies are out of the game.
This is the (main) point, and you're right: it's sad.

Last edited:
•••
I had one specific situation with listing one of my .club domains at GoDaddy. It is premium domain SANTORINI.CLUB. I successfully listed this domain for sale at Flippa, Sedo and Afternic, but GoDaddy didn't want to list it. I got this answer from their customer service:

I am not sure what this mean, and why this is happening. Any hints about this?
I don't see any reason why you can't list this name for sale on our auctions. Try again and let me know what it says or if there are any errors that pop up please.

•••
I also had the same issues with .club-drops - so for me this game is over.

•••
I don't see any reason why you can't list this name for sale on our auctions. Try again and let me know what it says or if there are any errors that pop up please.

Hi, thank you very much for your answer. Today I tried once again to list Santorini.club for sale (Offer/Counter Offer). Once again there was problem with following errors:
- Sorry, santorini.club is not eligible for listing on GoDaddy Auctions.
- Category 1 is required. Additional category listings are optional.

About Category error I can say that it was selected Travel>Destinations so Category error doesn't stand. About first error I don't know what it could be.

•••
Sounds like it may be a browser problem or something where it is not catching your selection. As far as the first error, I will have support look into it for you. It has nothing to do with the registry. In the meantime you can try listing it for sale on Afternic which will push it to GoDaddy automatically as well as many other registrars. It is better to list all your names on Afternic as a best practice anyway as they get more exposure and you only have to manage them in one place.

•••
I didn't know that about Afternic. That is very good hint :) Tnx :)

•••
@Joe Styler
How about .PRO listings on GoDaddy Auctions... already done or not?
Waiting since 2004...

•••
got the best .club domain -

Clubbed.club

Last edited:
•••
Cinderella.club
Rapunzel.club
Santos.club
Tween.club

•••
@Joe Styler
How about .PRO listings on GoDaddy Auctions... already done or not?
Waiting since 2004...
You can list them at Afternic right now. I am not sure when we will add them to our auctions.

•••
•••
•••
Anybody interested in frankly.club? I'll wait for offers in PM.

•••

sway.club
inverter.club
moccasin.club
reboot.club
steady.club
decisive.club
lump.club
sentiment.club
precise.club
situation.club
govern.club

Doesn't make much sense to reserve/block the kind of names you mentioned. No-one is ever going to pay any real money for most of those...

•••
Back