Dynadot

advice Offer Received For 3 days Old .IO Domain - xx.xxx

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have received an initial offer of 20.000 USD for fresh registered DN in IO extension on Uniregistry.
I have info about the buyer - end user, I have his telephone number and email.
It is gambling DN.
I am tempted to counteroffer with 45k.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A 3 day old .IO getting a $20K offer..The likelihood of that is close to 0%.

Even if it was legit it seems like the owner is going to let greed get in their own way and blow the deal.

There is some very bad advice in this thread IMO.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I dont understand how you are thinking about 25k or 45k.
When its been 3 days since you invested 50$.
Use your intelligence.

You are not in a position of power.
He's got money, there's alternatives.

•••
I have received an initial offer of 20.000 USD for fresh registered DN in IO extension on Uniregistry.
It is gambling DN.

yes money is mega tempting

but if I don't take 20k few days after regging 30$ domain then I know I have problems.... like severe greed.

so try to eliminate the chance of this being fake or not serious buyer and making 20k roi...by not countering.

cause if u counter u will never know if fake offer or if buyer serious with his 20k

gl

Last edited:
•••
It is gambling DN.

I'd be accepting the offer in a flash.

Last edited:
•••
OP went missing. Looks like it was a fake offer.

Don't be silly, people. If you get a legit 20K offer on a name that is worth nowhere near that, just take it.

•••
I regret losing many sales because of greed

•••
If they are ready to pay 20k, then they are 90% to pay 25k, 70% for 30k, 25% ready for 45k, etc.. But you must act fast. Counter offer with higher price and time limit, say for example, offer valid for 7 days.
good luck.

Those are just completely arbitrary percentages.

Or there could be a 100% chance they won't pay a dime over $20K.

There was not enough demand for someone to pay $30 for a domain a few days ago, now it is worth $45K. Please.

If the offer is legit don't blow it. You will regret it.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Probably it is a fake offer. It's better to accept and take the money, because you never know.

•••
•••
If they dont respond, how long re you willing to hold? They may not come back for 1 year, 2 years or never. Dont play games. Take it in my opinion.

•••
Take the money and then you can register another .io domain too keep your balance. ;)

•••
Last edited:
•••
Inquirer can type in any name, of a celebrity or well known person, doesn't mean it was them. Why didn't you just have a conversation with them instead of worrying about countering so quickly at a higher rate to figure out what is going on first.

Last edited:
•••
It’s always better to accept such offers instead of countering them. You’ll be making a great profit either way so instead of risking it , take the offer. Gl:-D

Last edited:
•••
Being greedy and risking 20k on a 3 day old handreg is stupid.
Theres smart risk, and dumb risk..

And you shouldn't gamble, you should be doing business.

•••
•••
yes money is mega tempting

but if I don't take 20k few days after regging 30$ domain then I know I have problems.... like severe greed.

so try to eliminate the chance of this being fake or not serious buyer and making 20k roi...by not countering.

cause if u counter u will never know if fake offer or if buyer serious with his 20k

gl
Thank you for your response Alcy

I know you have made deals in this level already, and of course, it would be great to make 20K on 3 days old DN and I would not like to be greedy.
But on the other hand, it is an initial offer so there is probably a space for more from strategy point perspective. I can call the guy by phone directly and make the deal over the phone too.

•••
•••
I would counter with 200,000 in order to show that guy how much I like gambling :) He would stop for a moment and respect me more for the mutual similarity and then would counter me with 20,001 :) I would accept it, in the end I would take $1 more which is bigger than zero.

•••
Take it and buy more domains! You may have struck some luck..

•••
•••
About percentages, they are not arbitrary.

adjective
adjective: arbitrary
based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

You have no idea what the buyer is willing to pay. Therefore the percentages you have applied are highly speculative and arbitrary.

Percentage wise, there is a 0% chance you get paid if you blow this. Don't blow it by being overly greedy.

Brad

•••
•••
I agree, I will accept the offer. And if I do counter, I would not counter-offer with that amount, may be 25,000.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back