IT.COM

information .nz wholesale domain fee change

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
InternetNZ has announced that .nz wholesale domain fees will change from $1.25/month to $1.50/month.

The change will be applied to newly created and renewed domains beginning 1 June 2020.

Chief executive Jordan Carter says the change offers a modest but much needed update.

“Falling registrations are threatening our ability to offer the core security and co-ordination services which our market demands. In order to sustainably offer those vital services long term, we have to increase our prices.”

Carter also said that InternetNZ now knows the real size of the local market.

“Since we started it's been all about growth. We can now see how big our market really is and with this change, maintain our organisation at the right size to service that market—as well as delivering on our public good commitments.”

The price change was recommended in the 2019 pricing review and was approved at the most recent InternetNZ council meeting.

source (Internet NZ)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Related

"Falling registrations are threatening our ability to offer the core security and co-ordination services which our market demands. In order to sustainably offer those vital services long term, we have to increase our prices," InternetNZ chief executive Jordan Carter said.

InternetNZ now faces competition from the private .kiwi and, more broadly, from the trend that sees people or companies setting up a page on Facebook rather than creating their own website - putting an end to years of steep growth in registrations.

InternetNZ now knows the real size of the local market, Carter said.

"Since we started it's been all about growth. We can now see how big our market really is and with this change, maintain our organisation at the right size to service that market, as well as delivering on our public good commitments."

Carter described the increase as modest and well overdue.

Source (nz herald)

•••
Its just a cash grab. company's in NZ still use websites .co.nz/.nz , Social media does not run a business.
As for .kiwi I only know of one mainstream company that use it .

Last edited:
•••
Its just a cash grab. company's in NZ still use websites .co.nz/.nz , Social media does not run a business.
As for .kiwi I only know of one mainstream company that use it .
Which is better ? .Nz or .Co.Nz...I was looking to buy for a keyword .co.nz domain for reselling purpose . But I'm confused. Kindly clear my doubts

•••
It seems that there isn't an existing thread on NZ.

Anyone here holds NZ domains?

•••
Which is better ? .Nz or .Co.Nz...I was looking to buy for a keyword .co.nz domain for reselling purpose . But I'm confused. Kindly clear my doubts
.co.nz had a big head start and still retains it...as always, it is always relative to the name in question but in general .co.nz is a better risk choice if you can only buy one.

•••

I've got a few...how about you?

•••
•••

I have got 2 :
Skill ,nz
Chef ,nz

•••
•••
given the high renewal rate, would it be worthwhile to keep?
renewal rate is $20 i think.
i only got 2 so doable i guess.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back