IT.COM

discuss Numeric Predictions For 2016

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Member
Impact
What are your numeric predictions for the upcoming year? For me it will always be a case of .com being the king, long, short or medium length
~
I think there will be a lot of drops later in the year, bad pattern long numerics 7N upwards
~
I think many of the recent buyout extensions will see many drops
~
I think we will see some great sales of longer names with good patterns, 8N - 12N
~
I think combinations of letters and numbers (four character, maybe some five's) will grow in value
~
I think the massive buying by the Chinese will slow down, however the quality names of all lengths will continue to flourish,
~
I think the buyers of 5N .coms will move into a holding pattern and they will become somewhat scarce by the end of next year, I know I am planning to keep mine for a while yet ..... Not For Sale
~
I believe the numeric markets only have better times ahead and that the smart folk will be happy to hold for a number of years to really see the best returns on investments
~
My predictions are pretty standard, maybe you have a completely different view
~
What do you think will happen?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My two cents..

5N.coms will rise drastically this year...

Numeric infos will also rise significantly. (Just this November I received XXX offers for 4N that was hand regged days earlier)

•••
Whilst I am not sure about the info's, I would rather them than say .pub

•••
I also predict that domains with 0 and 4 will go up 888 times in value

•••
•••
•••
I think 5N .net and short .xyz .pw .ws are still undervalued. They will see a growth in demand from China.

•••
It well may be another 1999 dot com bubble when great names just dropped...But the ones who had foresight made it in the end..So my prediction is ...Too The Moon! If ya get what im sayin.:)

•••
It well may be another 1999 dot com bubble when great names just dropped...But the ones who had foresight made it in the end..So my prediction is ...Too The Moon! If ya get what im sayin.:)

That .com bubble was slightly different because there was a lot of folk developing domains on dreams that were never going to work and the share values were way over the top. At the moment people are buying purely on speculation. A real chance of bubble though, i have pencilled in to keep my names for a few years

•••
That .com bubble was slightly different because there was a lot of folk developing domains on dreams that were never going to work and the share values were way over the top. At the moment people are buying purely on speculation. A real chance of bubble though, i have pencilled in to keep my names for a few years
Your right about the past. But in an unregulated world the history repeats itself. Only now people are saying The Chinese (No offense) are using this market as a pump and dump.

http://domainnamewire.com/2015/12/31/zhuang-jia-chinese-pump-and-dump/

•••
This year will be interesting, I still think some massive drops to come but also great sales, a real mixed bag. If you chose well you should be ok

•••
Investing in "trends" involves diversifying and not just concentrating in just one or two areas.

Diversification can minimize bubbles.

I believe that 4L, 5N, and 6N .com will do well (it goes without saying that 1-3 L and 1-4 N .com will continue to rocket upward).

The enduring success of other gTLDs and ccTLDs is less clear.

Random 7N .com will tank -- the sheer numbers will preclude any significant momentum; even in the unlikely event of a buyout, it probably can't hold in the long term.

7N patterns will do okay, but not great.

Domains with 888+ will continue to do well; long numericals with 888+ (7N - 15N) with memorable patterns, including palindromes, will be okay. How "okay," I can't say.

Memorable call-to-action .coms will do well, even if they are longtail-ish.

Short .com brandables (5-8 L and pronounceable) will continue to be sought after by startups and investors.

•••
Yeah, I'm not predicting good things for 7n .coms. I have an auction running just now and only one bid (pretty poor) I think I was too quick to get caught up in the hype after the 6n buy out.

Maybe 5-6n .co will be next. Not seen any sales reported on namebio but can't seem to reg any premium numbers in this extension.

•••
Yeah, I'm not predicting good things for 7n .coms. I have an auction running just now and only one bid (pretty poor) I think I was too quick to get caught up in the hype after the 6n buy out.

Maybe 5-6n .co will be next. Not seen any sales reported on namebio but can't seem to reg any premium numbers in this extension.

But .... Your 7N aren't very good. They're not chips. 0's at the beginning and/or 4's.

There are 2.7 million 7N chips. At this point, even with the 888's, there are more options that are chip oriented.... Simply better 7N names are still easy and cheaper to find.

... That doesn't necessarily speak to the whole 7N category. ;)

•••
I think strong patterns will still do well, even up to 8N

•••
We are seeing a slight dip, although I am seeing 7n's with decent patterns reported at sold on Namebio
~
Anyone wish to amend or add their predictions?

•••
So far, I think still par for the course, yearly cycle wise. I know people who are new got used to monthly exponential growth, but historically interest picks back up in May.

I'm escrow right now selling 2 4N (with 0 and 4) for $13k each. I was looking back through offers and I had started escrow on one of them in July last year for $7,500, but the buyer backed out and wanted to come down to $7k to keep the sale alive. I had declined that then and held onto it.

I was tempted to hang onto them until the summer, at the same time, I've got things I want to do and I'd prefer to do them with cash... so rather than wait, I'm taking the cash. Like most of my numeric sales, I will kick myself for being a "bad saver" later. Still, selling these 2, the worst of my 4N portfolio, leaves me with 8 more 4N's ... 4 with 4's, 4 premium's without. I opt'd to sell these 2 rather than a larger handful of 5N because I think the % growth in them will be stronger.

Anyway...

This time last year, you could have hand reg'd basically any "88" 6N you wanted it... And 7N, don't get me started. I reg'd the likes of 3688863 september 22nd and 3886887 october 15th. Patience is a virtue. ;)

•••
Massive upsurge in prime 4N cctld sales with .UK leading the way.

•••
Saw 330.io for auction on park.io

•••
Still seeing a fair few 6n's on Namebio each day, occasional 7n as well

•••
Well the dust has settled and lots of unsold names out there ( a numeric wasteland ) I will let some drop when renewal comes around but others I will keep, probably only about ten, ranging from 5N to 9N What about you? Will you hang on to the lot or only some? ......possibly none?

•••
The last few months showed that if you have a great timing - investing in speculative trends can give you a very good return on investment. But perfect timing is crucial.
At the end of the day, names without any potential end users (like long numerics, especially in non-com extensions) are worth $0.
Speculative trend passes and you are left with garbage you can't even sell for $1 - I see people already struggling to get rid of their names before renewal.
Normally if you can't sell here you would still try to find the potential buyer in the "real world" but who is going to buy your 0485672.com, 67ql.net or 7299.biz.

•••
can anyone suggest me which numeric combination worth it for buy?

•••
•••
LOL the ones in my signature

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back