NP's 2018 World Cup Thread, Predictions, News and Fun

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

johname

Planet FutbolTop Member
Impact
2018-Russia-World-Cup-NP.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Great matches today..

Yes, 2 great matches - Uruguay were better today congrats to them - I hope Cavani will be ready for the match against France

•••
Where can you find this kind of glass ? (or is pic photoshopped)
It's so sunny and hot here today. I could drink today such a glass of beer (normal alcoholpercentage) "ad fundum".
If somebody knows where you can get such a glass , do PM me !!!!! I would buy several of them, certainly if Belgium would win the tournament.

As many know Belgian beer is of the best of world and has an enormous amount of breweries.. A special kind of beers (Trappist-beers, with high alcoholpercentage)) is only made by (male) MONKS in several Abbeys.
For several years 1 of the beers of the Abbey in West-Vleteren, "THE WEST-VLETEREN XII (12)" made in the abbey of West-Vleteren in the province of (West-)Flanders, Belgium, is 1st on the list on ratebeer.com. (And now 2nd as I can see). Do be carefull the beer has 10% alcohol in it.
It's very scarce and hard to find. (don't confuse this one with the "Westmalle" beer from te province of Antwerp).
http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english/News/1.1860841#

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...s-accuse-retailer-ethical-breach-westvleteren
From Amazon UK
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Champion-Trophy-Bottle-Football-Souvenir/dp/B07CMPNFWK

From Amazon USA
https://www.amazon.com/Glasses-Russia-World-High-Borosilicate-Glass/dp/B07C29R92D

From Ebay USA

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Unbranded-Beer-Steins-Glassware/20696/bn_7703977/i.html?_fsrp=1

Last edited:
•••
To the haters... Even in defeat, he has class...

Dg90F9WUwAAKMaW.jpg:large

Dg9y6XDXcAAzhZt.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Three great players still there...
Dg9578JWsAAZuYw.jpg

•••
"Dear Ronaldo,
I heard your team let you down at the World Cup too. Already got your ticket, waiting for you at the airport mate.

Your friend, Leo"
Dg98kj1X0AEcOca.jpg

•••
Uruguay's manager Oscar Tabarez has Guillain-Barre syndrome and is the oldest manager at the World Cup at 71.

Yet he has got them to the semi's in 2010, quarters this year and still shouts from the sideline on a crutch

That's what you call a legend...
Dg9w0KhWsAAoEzm.jpg

•••
Nothing like asking someone who doesn't care, who is gonna win the World Cup?
If you ask me, I want France or Russia to win, just bc I like french guys and Vlad is funny

•••
If you ask me, I want France or Russia to win, just bc I like french guys and Vlad is funny
LOL... France has a great team, while Russia is supposedly a weaker team, but when you have 22 men chasing a ball for 90 minutes, anything is possible... you just never know!!!

Enjoy the games, you will see lots of unforgettable, fun moments...

Last edited:
•••
Lovely match, very balanced. Either team could have qualified. And....It's a shame Cavani got injured.

@GILSAN sorry for Portugal. Nice football played though (y)

•••
Since we are a domaining community and the love of football (soccer) is deep, I thought It would be fitting for me to say that in hope for Great Britain's 2030 bid for the world cup I went to do a little shopping and got myself

GB2030.COM

And by the way, with all due respect to participating nations and their supporters......

.... the cup is coming home to England.

Last edited:
•••
Lovely match, very balanced. Either team could have qualified. And....It's a shame Cavani got injured.

@GILSAN sorry for Portugal. Nice football played though (y)
Thanks... Portugal attacked more, but Uruguay defended better, and the few times they came forward, they were deadly, thanks to Cavanni... a fabulous player.

•••
•••
Spain score, or should I say Russian player scores for Spain. Weird goal...
DhBs7_HW0AEVrE7.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Spain score, or should I say Russian player scores for Spain...
Spain strikes first.I love their attack.I noticed the Russians are falling back when Spain holds the ball.Not a good thing in my opinion.How do they counter when you get the ball ?Better to attack Spain

Last edited:
•••
Russia score with a penalty to draw the match 1-1. Piquet appears to have left his hand way up in the air... on purpose... a clear penalty
DhBwUYFUcAE7fl5.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Russia score with a penalty to draw the match 1-1

Game on.Russia seems to hear me tell them to attack. Now they got the result.The Russians have got height also, so more crossing into the box when they get a chance.Spain like to have more ball possessions.

Last edited:
•••
•••
"Father" Putin have own agenda :xf.laugh::xf.wink::xf.grin::-P:xf.rolleyes::xf.smile::greedy: ...or..."Father forgive me my sin but Russia must win" quote from Putin 😂😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
You're watching football the wrong way...
DhBwJOdW0AEcSep.jpg

•••
Full Time: Spain 1-1 Russia. Now we go into extra time...

Coaches can now make a 4th substitution at extra time...

DhB_UxiXUAExXxw.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Ball possession doesn't mean much in theses games...
DhCAEKfW0AAzbIs.jpg

•••
Me waiting for another goal...
DhCDQICU0AAbRX4.jpg

DhCEjm1XkAABrfG.jpg

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back