NameSilo

.tv Now it our turn.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
now we have these names in our control it would be better to developed them onto the web and not just park them.

.this would be good for dot tv....now iam not good at building websites..so what is a easy web builder to start to get these new names out to the public....

maybe then we can show them they was wrong to hold them back from us from the start

maybe some one can explain what iam trying to say.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
now we have these names in our control it would be better to developed them onto the web and not just park them.

.this would be good for dot tv....now iam not good at building websites..so what is a easy web builder to start to get these new names out to the public....

maybe then we can show them they was wrong to hold them back from us from the start

maybe some one can explain what iam trying to say.

You're probably trying to say make these names visible with content instead of putting them in a parking lot and allowing them to rust like verisign did. An idea is I agree with.

I have some names that I made wordpress sites out of. Not hard to do and I grasp the meaning of your idea! wino, vacationer, playerschannel, SaudiArabian etc. and I get visitors that I wouldn't if it were at Sedo.

Message makes sense for the extension.

•••
Why would they be better developed? Because domainers have development skills which will leave the average web surfer in a state of "shock and awe"?

•••
It takes next to nothing to develop a video site.

I set one up for HaHa TV (its a day old and already at 4mm alexa)

Relevant development with custom content isn't for the faint of heart though.

•••
It takes next to nothing to develop a video site.

I set one up for HaHa TV

I guess the question is what does it add? Would anyone value the content on the site and does it actually help you? Why would Google give it any love and what effect would it have on a potential domain buyer?

•••
1. Its better than parking

2. It provides the user with niche content, yes they could get it at youtube, but time is money, at haha.tv they will only get funny videos.

3. Google will like it, if not love it, coz it provides a 'decent user experience'

4. Even basic development will allow the site to get indexed, get backlinks and hence traffic - can't hurt when you do try to sell it.

I'm not expecting to retire of the sale of this site, not by a long shot, but if it makes $5/mo after a few months, it would take care of renewals.

As a web surfer I'd rather see a developed minisite than a parked page, I'm sure there are other people who think like me. :)

Last edited:
•••
You're probably trying to say make these names visible with content instead of putting them in a parking lot and allowing them to rust like verisign did...

thanks...lol

•••

Or those without money to burn. Investors spent way over 200k on a project I initiated. You can see the leftovers at Babyboomers.TV.

On lesson learnt from that experience - I will NEVER again develop a site with ad revenue as my sole means of monetisation. Effectively rendering me a publisher competing with thosand of established players in every niche that already have an existing ad network - either direct or brokered.

They are a proven publisher with stats and 100,000++++ uniques a month. I am trying to get an ad guy interested enough to even pick up the phone.

For anyone looking to become publishers and monetise exclusively via ad rev - I wish you the best of luck - it can be done, but the odds get slimmer every day as the medium players and big players get more entrenched in peoples minds and build fortresses on the net.

•••
Snoop we are talking about two different things. Is the value of the name HaHa.tv higher because Samit developed it ? No Is the value to Samit greater ? Yes he will have a site that will get indexed, get traffic he would not have gotten if the name parked. He will make money he would not have made and a developed site opens more opportunity to make money.

On top of that a developed site resonates with a potential buyer who is more likely to find the site since its developed. Again IMO

•••
Some good points here, and things to be thinking about prior / at times of registration (ie., ultimate development purposes / plans / scenarios) ... but this has to go hand-in-hand with the .TV, itself, being credible enough to help one best rank & monetize their new websites - and also the extension lending to possible, desired End user need / demand for the site; thus far, lately, I've only seen Verisign / Enom / Registrars seekings as much funds as possible for :$: domain name registrations, and not necessarily embracing/promoting the larger developed "ecosystem" here in the (I guess, now, video-centric) ".TV", IMHO. :gl:

All the best,
Jeff B-)

Last edited:
•••
Snoop we are talking about two different things. Is the value of the name HaHa.tv higher because Samit developed it ? No Is the value to Samit greater ? Yes he will have a site that will get indexed, get traffic he would not have gotten if the name parked. He will make money he would not have made and a developed site opens more opportunity to make money.

On top of that a developed site resonates with a potential buyer who is more likely to find the site since its developed. Again IMO

Totally agree here.

•••

Disagree with this part, in terms of getting buyers I think less is more. If it looks like it may not be for sale it will get fewer enquiries.

•••
I agree with you snoop, end users dont like developed websites but domains waiting to be bought.

•••

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
from my experience some buyers doesnt like the indexed
pages especially when those pages had low quality content..
the buyers that buying for development may be prefer the "virgin" domains

•••
I appreciate your thought process, but I don't see a long line of end users knocking on my door for my domains.

Which necessitates that they generate revenue for me while I do have them.

Plus domainers will always pay a multiple for domains w/ traffic and revenue, even if end users don't.

Those with ten or twenty domains can afford to carry the portfolio, slightly tougher for people with many more.

As for specific points:

@snoop: A 'site for sale' graphic/button would sort that issue.
@onSpot: There are a few hundred million domains 'waiting to be bought'
@Premium.TV: A true developer with plans and money would probably go for the .com
@Appolo: seems to be a popular misconception, if that were true most SEO guys would only use hand regs.

Last edited:
•••
Spent 10 min putting a 'minisite' on one of my .tv using noomle. From my experience, I am guaranteed to make more $$ than parking, the domain will get indexed and anyone slightly interested in the domain would see that it is actually for sale and the 'site' is just a template. Of course, there's a video page too! Probably just going to forward the domain straight to that page..

---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

Btw Samit, I like Haha.. I think its a cool .tv name B-)

Last edited:
•••
Spent 10 min putting a 'minisite' on one of my .tv using noomle. From my experience, I am guaranteed to make more $$ than parking, the domain will get indexed and anyone slightly interested in the domain would see that it is actually for sale and the 'site' is just a template. Of course, there's a video page too! Probably just going to forward the domain straight to that page..

---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

NiceDomains got very Nice Domain :) Congrats on it, like it much :)

Last edited:
•••

Nice minisite, and name! :wave:

yes, putting up a minisite gets you more money abd visibilty than sedo can ever provide. That is a foregone conclusion.

•••
Spent 10 min putting a 'minisite' on one of my .tv using noomle. From my experience, I am guaranteed to make more $$ than parking,

Agree, but surely that is because it isn't going to make anything from parking? I guess the question is just whether it provides a good ROI for the work put into it over time.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

I appreciate your thought process, but I don't see a long line of end users knocking on my door for my domains.

Which necessitates that they generate revenue for me while I do have them.

Plus domainers will always pay a multiple for domains w/ traffic and revenue, even if end users don't.

I see, I guess if the name itself has minimal selling potential then if you are going to keep the name then development is the best option.

•••
NiceDomains got very Nice Domain :) Congrats on it, like it much :)

Nice minisite, and name! :wave:

yes, putting up a minisite gets you more money abd visibilty than sedo can ever provide. That is a foregone conclusion.

Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words. :blink:

Agree, but surely that is because it isn't going to make anything from parking? I guess the question is just whether it provides a good ROI for the work put into it over time.
I wouldn't know, the domain won't be parked while I have it... That's not to say it wouldn't have generated some income parking. I haven't owned enough .tv domains (or for long enough) to speak about their traffic/monetization.. yet.

As far as ROI is concerned, that's in the eye of the beholder. My expected roi could already be attained simply because I have a functional site on the domain that I can add links, articles, images and videos. However, I did not invest in .tv goldrush domains for development purposes or solely to make money from the ppc revenue.. I feel the names I got were good names specifically to resell at some point. :guilty: Until then I am happy spending a few minutes working on a minisite that will help add to my ppc revenue stream.

Anyway...... I think we got off track of the original topic here. As Samit put it before.. 'custom development isn't for the faint of heart'. It is so easy to sit around at talk about the different visions we have with domains.. .tv or not. The fact is developing a domain into a website, real full scale development of a brand + service takes some serious dedication, promotion, marketing and money.

I find it tough to swallow for some people on the forum now telling .TV'ers get out there and develop your .TV domains since they are not at premium price... show us what you got! Don't be a disappoinment to your extension...! LoL -- Wont it serve the extension better if you hold your domain, maybe redirect it to your homepage or domain sales page and try to harvest some end user interest? More end users that are using .TV = more proliferation of .TV brands and recognition of the extension.

What's worse a parked page or an abandoned development project (dead site, old contacts, empty template, etc...) on a .tv domain??

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back