Dynadot

Not paying adwords

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I know someone who owes google $300, and his account is paused because paypal can't make the charge on the credit card he provided (it's his paypal debit card) because there isn't enough funds to compensate it.

I was wondering... can he get in any trouble for not paying? I've always been wise with messing with google and always make sure funds are available, because they are a pretty big corporation and I wouldn't wana mess with them :P

When I tell him this, he says that he doesn't plan on paying....
Will this go on his credit as "bad credit"? Any ideas etc?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I HIGHLY suggest telling him he should re-consider paying them. Google is not to be messed with... This is fraud and he will most likey have charges filied against him. This scam the same as robbing a bank, its against the law!

•••
My guess is that Google will eventually close the account and send it to a collection agency to deal with.

•••
RJ is right. It'll be like any other bad debt. And at that amount it'll probably fall under their thershold of pursuance. One or two threatening letters then goodbye. Dont know if the internet giants have broached the subject of bad debts just yet (my guess is they probably dont have that many - being that most customers pay up front) so i guess he wont be blacklisted either.

Still deceitful nonetheless

•••
Google finally sends all debts to a collection agency, i forgot the name, but one of my previousd employer got letters from them. He was defaulting for about 5-8 month for a total of $400.

•••
It's the same situation as if he decided he wasn't going to pay his college loans or his credit card bill. Just because something happens online, doesn't mean you can break the law...

•••
Yep, Most likely he will get sent to some harrassing collection agency.

•••
That is exactly what will happen. Google gets their money anyways by selling the debt to a collection agency and if you don't pay up, your credit will be screwed for a very long time. Even if you do pay up, your credit is still hurt. Best thing to do is pay up. Bad credit means no house & no car loan if you ever need one besides the companies giving people with bad credit ratings super duper high interest rates.

•••
credit's a screwy thing though. a friend of mine told his credit card company "no, i'm not paying the balance, i can't afford it" and eventually worked out a deal where he paid half and that was it. He obviously can't get a card with that company again, but for some reason it didn't reflect on his credit for any serious amount of time.... which surprised me because I thought credit ratings were compiled by the Grand Unilateral Supreme Despotic All-Encompassing Credit Union (not its actual name), but who knows.
Of course the man should pay the bill. If he doesn't, he won't go to jail. And you can potentially avoid collection agencies for the rest of your life.... but that's not something I would want to deal with.
Cheers,
John

•••
Just tell him to pay there is no point in taking chances, he will be paying much more if he doesnt do the correct thing now.

GOD BLESS

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back