IT.COM

Not for Sale... Yet Sold!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
not-for-sale.jpg.size_.custom.crop_.1086x725.jpg

So as most of you know I sell almost exclusively from my landers.
My domains are all marked "For Development" so nobody really knows my plans for them.

I have been really busy launching another online store and have not had a lot of time to respond to inquiries lately. Usually I respond with a well laid out email but with my last dozen inquiries I simply responded like this...

Not at this time, thank you very much for your inquiry.

Out of about a dozen responses I actually got a sale. At first the lady used my contact form with my minimum required bid. She attached a long winded response as to why she wanted the domain. I had no time to respond to all of that so I simply said... "Not at this time, thank you very much for your inquiry"

She came back with a higher offer and I did the same response again, this went on for about a week, each time she raised her offer and I responded exactly the same way. I never once deviated from the single line response. At about the week mark the offer seemed fair to me and I accepted.

Just goes to show, one does not need to get wordy to make a sale, just be polite. I did not have to explain why my domain was the end all of all domains :xf.laugh:, I did not have to try and persuade her, I simply said not right now.

The best part is I am still getting bids from another inquiry...

So from the dozen or so inquiries a number of them have come back and one sold.

Who would have thought.....

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I love this.Nice story also.👍

•••
Congrats on your sale...

•••
Anybody knows why @MapleDots account was autoclosed?

•••
The Power of NO.

how does your "Landing Page" look like ?
what do you have on your "Landing Page" ?

•••
Anybody knows why @MapleDots account was autoclosed?
I had not realized it until you pointed it out. Hopefully some mistake as I find his contributions among the most interesting and insightful on many topics.
Bob

•••
Show attachment 129144

So as most of you know I sell almost exclusively from my landers.
My domains are all marked "For Development" so nobody really knows my plans for them.

I have been really busy launching another online store and have not had a lot of time to respond to inquiries lately. Usually I respond with a well laid out email but with my last dozen inquiries I simply responded like this...

Not at this time, thank you very much for your inquiry.

Out of about a dozen responses I actually got a sale. At first the lady used my contact form with my minimum required bid. She attached a long winded response as to why she wanted the domain. I had no time to respond to all of that so I simply said... "Not at this time, thank you very much for your inquiry"

She came back with a higher offer and I did the same response again, this went on for about a week, each time she raised her offer and I responded exactly the same way. I never once deviated from the single line response. At about the week mark the offer seemed fair to me and I accepted.

Just goes to show, one does not need to get wordy to make a sale, just be polite. I did not have to explain why my domain was the end all of all domains :xf.laugh:, I did not have to try and persuade her, I simply said not right now.

The best part is I am still getting bids from another inquiry...

So from the dozen or so inquiries a number of them have come back and one sold.

Who would have thought.....

Congrats.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I see this from his posts:

MapleDots "Closing my account and taking a break from namepros for a while, thanks to all my friends, if needed you can reach me at: [email protected]
Yesterday at 5:11 PM

Thanks @NYJimbo I had missed that. Perhaps related to a number of new business ventures he commented recently were keeping him too busy to keep up with domain names. I certainly hope we do see him back.
Bob

•••
I had not realized it until you pointed it out. Hopefully some mistake as I find his contributions among the most interesting and insightful on many topics.
Bob

I see this from his posts:

MapleDots "Closing my account and taking a break from namepros for a while, thanks to all my friends, if needed you can reach me at: [email protected]
Yesterday at 5:11 PM

Cheers. I know he was taking a step back but didn't know he was gonna close his account. Will miss him. Standup guy, good sense of humour and very professional.

•••
Back