Dynadot

Not Brandable but Tons of ADs!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BMoss

Established Member
Impact
I am considering purchasing a domain name that is not really brandable or something that you would want as a site name, but has several (long) keywords in the name.

An example would be CyberSecurityThreats.com. No one would name their company this, but the domain I am looking at has about 400 searches/month, $15 CPC and 2-3 advertisers for at least the first 5 pages.

Would you purchase a name like this, and what would be the benefit to end user?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wouldn't buy it unless it had established traffic. There is too much competition to get a good listing place, and a fair bit of work to build an information site. I don't really like the 3 words either. Anytwo of them would be good, but 3 words makes it a bit long. I guess it depends on the price, and the amountof work you are prepared to put into the site.

•••
I wouldn't buy it unless it had established traffic. There is too much competition to get a good listing place, and a fair bit of work to build an information site. I don't really like the 3 words either. Anytwo of them would be good, but 3 words makes it a bit long. I guess it depends on the price, and the amountof work you are prepared to put into the site.

Thanks Kuffy. You made some good points. The site doesn't really have any traffic. Also I didn't have any plans to develop the site. It's only $10. I initially figured that maybe whomever purchases it could just redirect to their company, but they would still have to rank it via SEO.

•••
It's only $10. I initially figured that maybe whomever purchases it could just redirect to their company, but they would still have to rank it via SEO.
Personally, I would "park it", use the right keywords and hoping it would pay for renewal (usually by the tenth month)..if not by then, I would try to sell it at a profit or just drop it..

Just my opinion

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back