IT.COM

.tv Not big on Technolgy .TV's, but

NameSilo
Watch
ran across MobileInternet.TV and couldn't resist... Amazed it was still available especially with all the other TLD's taken.

With all the hype starting about internet on your cell phone, Vcast, and the like. Overstock.com moving hard into MobileO I thought either as a portal or end user sale...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hype.

westblock said:
With all the hype starting about internet on your cell phone, Vcast, and the like. Overstock.com moving hard into MobileO I thought either as a portal or end user sale...

Who - which End user(s) - may be interested in this ".TV" for a premium valuation (cost), IYHO? :gl:

Thanks for the insight.
-Jeff B-)

•••
great reg lance, especially for $29 of course you could have regged 4 4 word.coms for that like Ilovedotcom.com hahaha

•••
equity78 said:
great reg lance, especially for $29 of course you could have regged 4 4 word.coms for that like Ilovedotcom.com hahaha
:guilty: for got about that... :D

Jeff said:
Who - which End user(s) - may be interested in this ".TV" for a premium valuation (cost), IYHO?
Jeff,
I'm not sure. As I've said before, I typically like names that can be branded, but at regular reg fee I figured it was worth the gamble. As I've been reading across several platforms, Mobile Internet is a major focus by both Hardware manufactures (ie; Motorola, Nokia, Dell, etc...), Software gurus (ie; Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, etc...), and eCommerce Retailers (ie; Amazon, Overstock, etc...). I think and Hope there is a buyer somewhere just north of $30.00 :imho:

Google
Results 1 - 10 of about 278,000,000 for mobile internet
Yahoo
Results 1 - 10 of about 284,000,000 for mobile internet
Overture
2841 mobile internet for December
Overture Bids
$2.00+ for mobile internet

PLenty of reading on Business 2.0
http://search.money.cnn.com/pages/s...urce=money&query=&invocationType=search%2Ftop

Then again, if not I can always UNLOAD it. :hehe:

•••
westblock said:
I'm not sure. As I've said before, I typically like names that can be branded, but at regular reg fee I figured it was worth the gamble. As I've been reading across several platforms, Mobile Internet is a major focus by both Hardware manufactures (ie; Motorola, Nokia, Dell, etc...), Software gurus (ie; Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, etc...), and eCommerce Retailers (ie; Amazon, Overstock, etc...). I think and Hope there is a buyer somewhere just north of $30.00 :imho:
Google
Results 1 - 10 of about 278,000,000 for mobile internet
Yahoo
Results 1 - 10 of about 284,000,000 for mobile internet
Overture
2841 mobile internet for December
Overture Bids
$2.00+ for mobile internet

PLenty of reading on Business 2.0
http://search.money.cnn.com/pages/s...urce=money&query=&invocationType=search%2Ftop

All good information, yes ... I'm trying to locate a few End users that may be interested in this ".TV" domain name (for more than $30)! :gl: :talk:
Let's work together on this to hopefully make this .TV gamble pay off ...

Which ones (potential leads from Google & Yahoo, to start) do you want to start with (for End user marketings)? :talk:
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
All good information, yes ... I'm trying to locate a few End users that may be interested in this ".TV" domain name (for more than $30)! :gl: :talk:
Let's work together on this to hopefully make this .TV gamble pay off ...

Which ones (potential leads from Google & Yahoo, to start) do you want to start with (for End user marketings)? :talk:
-Jeff B-)

Jeff, you are so way off in your generalistic cynicism on all things .TV....

And as much as i respect everything you do on this forum, in this instance, you got it wrong Bro... imho

Time will tell, as they say, but what say you to .TV being the only challenger to .com over the next 5 years as the internet and tv become "one"...

Save that, if you would humour (sorry, humor :red: ) me for a moment, lets just say .tv does become the registration choice, or at least "the No.2" choice of names (name relevancy taken as read), what would you say then to your appraisals in this sub-forum?

•••
Time will tell, as they say ...

Thanks, Ian ... truly, I believe I'm offering constructive assistance here to potentially sell this domain name at the End user level, IMHO. :gl:

I would think that by completing this task - in this specific case, and also in a larger sense with other posted ".TV" gambles that are in this Forum - would really help to further hopes and expectations for the extension, in my view. Would you be willing to assist us (Westblock, if he's interested ... and me) to locate relevant End users here, specifically (I'm offering to assist in sending individualized emails etc., personally, in this endeavor) ... will you help us, Ian? :talk:

Look forward to working with you both, if Westblock agrees (as it's his thread/domain name), naturally.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Well, i think patience is the key with .tv domains.

I ve just had an unsolicited offer of $3k for wimax.tv and an offer of $1500 from a member of this forum which ive turned down both....

You have to take a judgement here, do you sell for profit or hold for what you believe in?

In all other domain extensions, i opt for profit, in .tv im holding out for serious and realistic remuneration.

Same as the half dozen or so decent 3 L .coms i sold back in the late 90's for $100 a piece (when i knew they were worth more deep down), this time its as we say in England "shit or bust" for me..

But hey, anyone needs help from me in anyway, just shout.. i just broke the law for another member on this forum (of whom i dont know) so hey.... Im entering a new world... :red:

•••
Good enough, Ian! :great:

PS. Why the (assuming End user) unsolicited offer for "wimax.tv", IYHO's?

Westblock ... please let us know if you'd like our assistance with this ".TV" domain name - and its marketings at the End user level, IMHO. :talk:
See you soon.
-Jeff B-)

•••
IMHO, we need Jeff around here to keep the brakes and checks in place.

I am a big fan of .tv now. I see .tv being an alternative to deadbeat .coms where you can not even register any decent .coms these days.

If your options are developing, then most of the names are good whether in .tv or .cc or .ws. But if you go for investment and reselling, one has to be careful in choosing the names either .tv or other ccTLd.

In this case, IMHO, mobileinternt.tv is a good name for development rather than profit making. Well, you can certainly sit on it and see how it goes. It is worth the gamble for the price I agree. But if you want to flip it fast to make quick bucks, may not be possible.

Let us take a recent case, I do not know the member but the .tv name is auctionsellers.tv. He regged it and posted that he might loose sleep over it for a month at least because of high OVT and stuff like that. IMHO, he did not do enough homework before regging the name.

He sold it in NP auction for couple of hundreds of NP (I do not remember the number)

Now, checks and brakes are required for this exact reason.

The bottom line, read the whole .tv subforum, and then do the home work before regging .tv or any cctld for that reason. Regging in spur of the moment may not be good. IMHO.

After all that said, note that I am not an expert in anything related to domains just yet.

Gamehouse

•••
•••
mobileinternet.tv is a good name and could become a great winner. Mobile broadband providers that provide mobile TV services could be very interested in the name. Great catch!

•••
Note OP dropped the name despite the initial enthusiasm. That is what happens to most domain portfolios over time - more renewals than sales revenue to pay them so the investor starts to clean house. Three to five years later the portfolio is much smaller while seven to ten years later the portfolio no longer resembles the original. That is what will happen with the ntld bubble as well. We have only begun to see the pullback in registrations.

•••
"mr harry" woke up a 13 year old thread to spam.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back