NameSilo

advice Noob question regarding Flippa purchase?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AJP1987

Established Member
Impact
Hello there, I purchased my first domain through Flippa the other day and paid the money into Flippa Escrow.

From the looks of it on the Flippa sale completion guide and just using common sense, the seller should transfer the details and THEN I should release the payment, NOT the other way around which is what the seller has asked for.

Please correct me if I am wrong and sorry for the noobiness...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Basically, as long as the buyer has paid it into Flippa's account then the seller can transfer the domain.

•••
Once you completed the payment, money will stay in the flippa escrow account until the seller transfer the domain to your account. When the transfer completes, you release the funds to the seller :)

•••
Once you completed the payment, they have to stay in the flippa escrow account until the seller transfer the domain to your account. When the transfer completes, you release the funds to the seller :)

Yes, that is what I thought. I thought it was strange that the seller was asking for it the other way around.

Thanks

•••
Yes, that is what I thought. I thought it was strange that the seller was asking for it the other way around.

Thanks

Not necessary strange. If the seller has more reputation than you, he might ask you to release the payment first as a measure of precaution on his side. But the general process is as described above :)

•••
The process works as follows:

You pay for the domain via Flippa Escrow.
(The funds are held in a trust account by Flippa)
Once the seller is notified, the seller transfers the domain to you.
Once you are satisfied the transfer is satisfactorily completed, you notify Flippa to release the funds.
This way it is a win/win for the buyer and the seller.

•••
The process works as follows:

You pay for the domain via Flippa Escrow.
(The funds are held in a trust account by Flippa)
Once the seller is notified, the seller transfers the domain to you.
Once you are satisfied the transfer is satisfactorily completed, you notify Flippa to release the funds.
This way it is a win/win for the buyer and the seller.

That's correct, I've sold some websites at flippa and just only once getting payment via flippa escrow due to the buyer ask. however I think this is the suitable way to protect for both seller and buyer.

•••
Do not release your payment after u paid to escrow before seller deliver the domain. make sure check seller feedback too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back