IT.COM

question No views at Flippa auctions.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haris

Best Domainer Of The End-TimesTop Member
Impact
Hi all,

I posted many domains at Flippa classified listing hoping that this is a good market and I will get some offers but I realized that it doesn't work that way. At the same time I tried GoDaddy, Sedo, Ebay and many more.. Sadly, I was not getting any views at any marketplace even for quality domains (except Bido).

So I tried Flippa paid auction a few days ago. I thought that Flippa would market the auction itself but I waited and waited and never got any views. So I emailed about 30 potential buyers with the auction link and that lead to 2 views only. I am sure that the domain can sell for at least 1000$ even though I have a fairly low reserve of 250$ but what it needs is to get in front of potential buyers.

So I need to know how can I get maximum views on my auction?

https://flippa.com/5776240-protect-what-matters-most

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Flippa has a parking page for your listings .. you need not make it an auction (listing is free so is parking the domain with them).
Did you point your domains to flippa with nameservers?
If you do you can then tweet links to your domain instead of .... Flippa.com/76240-protect-what-matters-most

you could also simply forward your domains to your listing or auction page and twee

also you used capitalization on flippa for the "i" in Identity which is bad as it makes it look like an "L"
the name is not great either... sorry to say. Accu is not a word and joining a U and an i is a mouth full of vowels.

estibot.com suggest the domain has 0$ value.

•••
for Flippa or any other marketplace you have to promote you domain on your own . if it popular domain and have valuable visitors add banner or link announcing you are about selling this domain . and use selling section on popular web forums to ask members for price .

•••
•••

I would suggest not to use the estibot tool to determine the selling price of a domain name. Ask for appraisals and use simular sales record to get an idea of the domain price. As for brandables/made up names it is your demand or how much the buyer is willing to pay.

•••
Ok, I've flipped fresh regs before and quite often, but I don't expect 1k

The Flippa marketplace is mature to it's sellers portfolio and although I do see fresh regs sell very well at times, keywords might draw more traffic but the name feels longer than it should be.

Good luck though.

•••
You did the right thing by contacting potential buyers - THAT is what will get the domain sold. Relying on Flippa to bring views, will not. Work on perfecting your pitch. Use proper English, grammar, keep it short and to the point. I also suggest you not use a free email service and use an SMTP provider like Mandrill to relay your emails. This will improve deliverability and also allow you to track who's opened your emails.

For a company who may deal with anything related to identities, $1000 is nothing. Good luck.

•••
Flippa has a parking page for your listings .. you need not make it an auction (listing is free so is parking the domain with them).
Did you point your domains to flippa with nameservers?
If you do you can then tweet links to your domain instead of .... Flippa.com/76240-protect-what-matters-most

you could also simply forward your domains to your listing or auction page and twee

also you used capitalization on flippa for the "i" in Identity which is bad as it makes it look like an "L"
the name is not great either... sorry to say. Accu is not a word and joining a U and an i is a mouth full of vowels.

Thanks for the advice @Namescost .. It's important to note that even though 'Accu' is not a word, an average person can easily know that it means 'Accurate' which is a good keyword imo. + Accuweather.com is always on top in google search for 'weather' so I thought it was a good domain.

Lastly, Don't trust estibot.

•••
Ok, I've flipped fresh regs before and quite often, but I don't expect 1k

The Flippa marketplace is mature to it's sellers portfolio and although I do see fresh regs sell very well at times, keywords might draw more traffic but the name feels longer than it should be.

Good luck though.

I came in this domaining business with hopes of selling domains for 1k every other day, I was wrong. But in this case I think that this domain has a lot of potential. I don't have enough investment so I try to invest in domains I myself would use if I had a company related to that particular business so maybe that's why I think it should sell for 1k. I have gotten more parking earning through this domain than any other I own, it's not that much but it has been 2 weeks since I regged it so it's better than average.

There are much longer names currently being used by companies like selectidtheftprotection.com , sherpaidentitytheftprotection.com , identitytheftprotection.com and a few more so I didn't even looked up 'accurateidentity.com' up till now because I thought that accuidentity.com is a short enough name and these companies I mentioned would be interested in getting a short brandable name. It might take time, but I believe that this domain will sell for $1k+.

Thanks for your input.

•••
You did the right thing by contacting potential buyers - THAT is what will get the domain sold. Relying on Flippa to bring views, will not. Work on perfecting your pitch. Use proper English, grammar, keep it short and to the point. I also suggest you not use a free email service and use an SMTP provider like Mandrill to relay your emails. This will improve deliverability and also allow you to track who's opened your emails.

Thanks for your advice. I will check out Mandrill and other SMTP providers for more info.

About contacting end-users, I talked to Flippa support team and they also said that I should market the auction myself using social media and forums and email. And the first thing that came to my mind was that why should I pay Flippa or any other marketplace 10% - 20% commission and listing fees when I am doing all the hard work? Shouldn't I sell it privately and I won't have to pay commissions and fees to anyone? What would you say about that?

And this is the sales pitch I use when contacting end-users:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT - Accuidentity.com Domain Auction.

Hello "Company Name" Team / Individual Name,

I am Haris Memon, owner of the web domain: Accuidentity.com

This domain is currently being auctioned at this link and will end in a few days:

Should your organization have interest in acquiring this domain, please bid before the auction ends.

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There must be some room of improvement, please advise.

For a company who may deal with anything related to identities, $1000 is nothing. Good luck.

Exactly my thought!

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your advice. I will check out Mandrill and other SMTP providers for more info.

About contacting end-users, I talked to Flippa support team and they also said that I should market the auction myself using social media and forums and email. And the first thing that came to my mind was that why should I pay Flippa or any other marketplace 10% - 20% commission and listing fees when I am doing all the hard work? Shouldn't I sell it privately and I won't have to pay commissions and fees to anyone? What would you say about that?

And this is the sales pitch I use when contacting end-users:

SUBJECT - Accuidentity.com Domain Auction.

Hello "Company Name" Team / Individual Name,

I am Haris Memon, owner of the web domain: Accuidentity.com

This domain is currently being auctioned at this link and will end in a few days:

Should your organization have interest in acquiring this domain, please bid before the auction ends.

Thanks.

There must be some room of improvement, please advise.

Exactly my thought!
Here's the exact email I sent to close a deal almost identical in situation as yours. Hand reg'd for $0.99 and was swinging for the fences:

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-01%20at%206.13.52%20PM-1449015293-443.png

While I try to keep things grammatically correct, I prefer to be somewhat informal so as not to come off as "salesy". Obviously, the main difference between my listing and yours was, I had a bidder. (whose background I was able to dig up and use as a selling point with his competitors) Hope this helps.

•••
Only if I had a bidder... haha

Thanks man.

•••
Right off the bat I would say to do the Flippa promotion that is $250 but I do understand this is too much and the name you are selling using this promotion must yield a good sales price in order to make sense since you will make back the money you paid for promotion and profit.

A good alternative will be to promote the auction on here in the section for promotion and also over at NameBio.com they let you pay for a listing in the rotator at the front page. Just be creative with it. Also be honest with yourself an know if it is a good domain or not. If your domain is not valuable then no matter how much promotion you do it won't pick up any steam.

- Will

•••
I came in this domaining business with hopes of selling domains for 1k every other day, I was wrong. But in this case I think that this domain has a lot of potential. I don't have enough investment so I try to invest in domains I myself would use if I had a company related to that particular business so maybe that's why I think it should sell for 1k. I have gotten more parking earning through this domain than any other I own, it's not that much but it has been 2 weeks since I regged it so it's better than average.

There are much longer names currently being used by companies like selectidtheftprotection.com , sherpaidentitytheftprotection.com , identitytheftprotection.com and a few more so I didn't even looked up 'accurateidentity.com' up till now because I thought that accuidentity.com is a short enough name and these companies I mentioned would be interested in getting a short brandable name. It might take time, but I believe that this domain will sell for $1k+.

Thanks for your input.

No prob. Wow, that's some ROI prospective for a newbie. Would have liked to see your business plan.

Although the names you provided are owned by companies doesn't mean they are good, (although identitytheftprotection.com is a good keyword) you could look into sold names related to your genre for a start first.

If you you think it's worth that, send it for vetting on BrandBucket

•••
No prob. Wow, that's some ROI prospective for a newbie. Would have liked to see your business plan.

Although the names you provided are owned by companies doesn't mean they are good, (although identitytheftprotection.com is a good keyword) you could look into sold names related to your genre for a start first.

If you you think it's worth that, send it for vetting on BrandBucket

I don't have a business plan. I was investing in different businesses and came across domaining so just checking if I can earn 200-300$ per month through parking and sales or not.

Just looked up keyword 'identity' and I am convinced that accuidentity.com can sell for 1k+ .. Your advice of looking up sold names related to the domain will benefit me a lot and I will always check namebio before registering or buying a domain name. Thank you very much. I will also submit few domains on namerific and BB including this one if it doesn't sell on Flippa.

•••
You have already received great advise from others. I would only add that IMO, that name will not sell for anywhere near that at Flippa. It is possible that you could get that through outbound marketing though. I also think you are starting to see the reality of domaining, it is a long position game. It may take several years to find just the right buyer for it. If you really believe it has that value, remove the reserve. You will probably get some traffic and likely some bids. Worst case is you only make a few bucks, but you will learn an incredibly valuable lesson about buying domains and using Estibot. If you hand reg'd it, I'm positive you will at least get your money back, and you will make a few bucks. There is something to be said for a quick turn around, low profit, domain business model. Lots of people here do that and are very successful with it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back