NameSilo

No More .Top at Uniregistry

Labeled as new gtlds in Domain Industry News, started by Silentptnr, Apr 14, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. bbboy5

bbboy5 Established Member

It means soon Top will be known as Bottom or I must say time for Top = Bottom ;)

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

It is interesting that most of these extensions don't seem to have been on the Uniregistry extension price list, so not sure if this has been happening for some time, just announced now.

According to nTLD stats Uniregistry were the registrar for just over 1300 of the 1.4 million or so .top registrations, so not much impact.

On .icu their prior activity was even less, just 160 of the more than a million and a half registrations total in the extension.

The .eco has registration restrictions, which probably make the pain of operating it not worthwhile if you don't have many registrations.

The dropping of .cx and .vc, both of which seem somewhat growing in use and investor interest, seems, as others noted, surprising.

Nevertheless, it may make sense if GoDaddy plan to keep both as separate registrars to only handle certain extensions at Uniregistry.

Bob

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  3. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI Owner of ▲ the most expensive domain of all time. VIP Gold Account

Good joke hahaha

If, then it's the other way around, .top doesn't need GoDaddy.

GoDaddy can be happy if they will be able to negotiate an agreement that allows them to list / offer .top, their "coming soon" just indicates that they are trying to get them on board.

upload_2021-4-15_1-35-24.png

top Coming Soon [Follow]
    =
    "We are still negotiating to get .top and we hope that we can offer it soon, follow us to get informed when we have managed to offer you the untoppable TLD."

That's how I read it (between the lines).

I am sure GoDaddy, Verisign and many other major players are still frustrated that they were not the ones with the idea to apply for .top because they all know only .top is (literally) top.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  4. CraigD

CraigD Top Contributor VIP

Is this the work of an insidious secret cabal to undermine Domain Illuminati ?

5. Silentptnr

Silentptnr Top Contributor VIP

I have this in com. :)

6. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI Owner of ▲ the most expensive domain of all time. VIP Gold Account

Well, great keyword in .com but since I own it already in .top I am not interested ;) thanks

7. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I spent over 1 year on UniMarket and didn't sell anything, even domains under $500.
    Semidead registrar after Schilling sold it.

8. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

UPDATE

.top is not longer in this list.

upload_2021-5-8_13-26-57.png
    CLICK FOR FULL VIEW

Source

https://www.spamhaus.org/statistics/tlds/

Again, I was NEVER receiving a spam email (since .top exist (2014)) from a .top email address but I DAILY receive a few spam emails from .com email addresses.

So while .com is (spam) king, .top is (just) top - with or without Uniregistry
    (GoDaddy) hahaha

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice