Dynadot

No more PayPal at RegFly?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Tried to reg a name and transfer a name and it looks like Registerfly is no longer accepting PayPal.

Is this true?

I couldn't find a PayPal link.

ST

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Exactly, the virtual card doesn't have the code, and many places require it.

•••
Come on registerfly when is paypal option going to be working. ive started using namecheap but i like registerfly and its ease of use.

Serious money must be getting lost here.

•••
KPR said:
Come on registerfly when is paypal option going to be working. ive started using namecheap but i like registerfly and its ease of use.

Serious money must be getting lost here.
After sending them a ticket about this, they responded within minutes (great support!) and told me they hoped to have it ready next week.
In that same reply-email they also asked me how much I needed to add to my RegFly account, I replied back and then never heard back from them (bad support!). So I just used a cc for now for my renewal-reg for now instead.

•••
Any update on the paypal situation? I'm actually interested in buying the StarterSSL, but is it the same as the now renamed RapidSSL certificate?

•••
I was just there...NOPE !!!!

•••
there are no palplay !!!

•••
I just realized that a week ago. I am suprised. They will probably lose A LOT of sales now.

I switched to NameCheap as well, and I must say I like it WAY better.

•••
Useful tip:

1 - Raise a ticket https://registerfly.com/support/
2 - Choose category paypal
3 - Include your paypal email address and how much you would like to add, they will raise a money request and add the funds to your account

I have added over 200.00 in the past 10 days this way

Hope this help yall

•••

less than a week ago I put in a ticket,

"having trouble sending paypal money to my regfly acct. "

ticket response,

"Please provide your paypal email address and the amount you wish to add to your account "

•••
I just put in a ticket to be honest if I don't hear anything soon I will be taking my business elsewhere.

•••
•••
Still Nothing this is ridiculous :S

•••
Iravan said:
Still Nothing this is ridiculous :S

do as I suggested, works every time

Useful tip:

3 - Include your paypal email address and how much you would like to add, they will raise a money request and add the funds to your account

•••
do as I suggested, works every time

Useful tip:

I leave on holiday tommorow... I dun wanna wait, oh well bad move for them must have lost a ton of customers, maybe thats why all these promotions...

•••
I leave on holiday tommorow... I dun wanna wait, oh well bad move for them must have lost a ton of customers, maybe thats why all these promotions...

Hmm...

Worked out in the end I was credited the money within 24 hours and was able to reg the domain before my trip, even got 100 free whois protections credits!

Thanx for the advice Riceman

•••
They probably are working on the site.

•••
I'm having trouble with registerfly too, got some domains that have expired and the only way I can renew them is through paypal but since they're doing the new upgrade the function is down, and no it doesn't work to send them a ticket as some of you said and as it says on their website, Why have the 3 steps to add funds when they keep rejecting you the whole time!

I've lost so many visitors, members, just evertything, this is something of the worse that has ever happened to me.

does anyone know when they'll be done with this upgrade?

please regfly hurry!?! :'(

•••
UPDATE: 10/31

Bad news: It's going to be 3-4 more months before they begin accepting PayPal again. We spoke to a RegisterFly rep tonight, and discovered it would be Feb 2006 before they use PayPal again. It's scheduled as part of the site update/upgrade at that time.

Worse news: They have quit doing the manual money requests, so now it's impossible to pay (or refill your account) with PayPal at all.

Sorry guys, I wish I had better news. :(

•••
Yeah, I had to pay via Electronic Check this last time.. guess I'll be moving my domains to GoDaddy.. 0 problems there!

-db- said:
UPDATE: 10/31

Bad news: It's going to be 3-4 more months before they begin accepting PayPal again. We spoke to a RegisterFly rep tonight, and discovered it would be Feb 2006 before they use PayPal again. It's scheduled as part of the site update/upgrade at that time.

Worse news: They have quit doing the manual money requests, so now it's impossible to pay (or refill your account) with PayPal at all.

Sorry guys, I wish I had better news. :(

•••
dgridley said:
Yeah, I had to pay via Electronic Check this last time.. guess I'll be moving my domains to GoDaddy.. 0 problems there!
Been transfering out of Regfly since Aug because of this. Plus $6.95 at GD for transfers plus discount codes make for a pretty inexpensive renewal. :tu:

Was around 75 or 80 names at Regfly but dwindling...

•••
This is a disaster for me - I simply cant pay any other way.

My email hosting runs out very soon and this problem will cost me alot of time and effort. I emailed Registerfly and they said:

RegFly Support said:
Regret to inform you that effective from 15th Oct 2005 we have stopped supporting Pay Pal as payment method. You can use other alternatives like Credit Card, Stormpay, Moneybookers, EMO, eCheck Payments, E-Gold.

Now begins the process of moving away. Registerfly have just made a big mistake!

•••
Yeah, I won't buy any more domains from Registerfly and plan to transfer away to GoDaddy.. PayPal was a big plus for me with them. Now that that option is gone.. well, sad to say, I'm moving on.

•••
I am looking now for a good email host that is reliable and has many users who can testify!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back