Dynadot

NNNNN.com: What's the difference between a $100 and a $2000 one?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
If you go namebio and type in NNNNN as the pattern, you see how much the price fluctuates. If you take out the 4's, you still have low $100 domains, and some up to $2000+.

What is the strategy with these?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would expect the higher priced ones are pronounceable, no?

•••
But they are all numbers so I am curious about this too, what does it make a number better than another one ?

•••
But they are all numbers so I am curious about this too, what does it make a number better than another one ?
Oh wow, I noobed out completely with that response haha!

For some reason I read it as LLLLL - too many energy drinks for me tonight.

•••
4 = no bueno because it means death. This is exemplified by the absence of 4 in the the Fibonacci (Golden Mean Ratio) Progression (1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89,144 etc)

3 and 9 loop with inphinity

8 is inphinity and a Fibonacci number.

•••
•••
But numbers mean different thing in different places right ? Phone numbers, licence plate numbers, house numbers ! I dont know, the end users dictate the price anyway, who am I to disagree :)

•••
5 , 8 , 7 fetch best price in the market.
Last time I checked , 88777.com was on $25000 at Godaddy Auctions.

•••
DomainShane is always talking about this bidder "first1" that wins EVERY number auction. (mentions him here: http://domainshane.com/domainshanes-big-list-domain-name-auction-picks-wednesday-march-18th-2015/)

You can see FIRST/first1 here, for example: https://www.dropcatch.com/Domain/48940.com

Maybe that's the difference in price. When people finally give up trying to outbid him.

This 'first1' guy seems to be on 24hrs straight (sort of like me)
it's been now nearly 24hrs that I'm bidding and he always outbids me seconds after I place the bid

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back