IT.COM

discuss NFT.com for $2 million vs Meet.com for $5 million

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
If you look at the thread below, NFT.com reportedly sold for $2 million.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/nf...uired-for-usd-2-million.1253690/#post-8410602

I came across another article by Jamie Zoch which mentions that Meet.com had a "$5 million asking price", which we can assume may have sold above $3 million after negotiations if any.

https://jamesnames.com/2021/10/confirmed-meet-com-sells/

Keeping both of these things into perspective, NFT being a letter .COM and much more booming at the time vs Meet.com being a seasoned name, I somehow think that NFT.com went for cheap.

What's your thought keeping both of these sales in mind?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The price of NFT.com should be higher.

•••
It is like long-term vs short-term, if you know what I am sayin... We don't know the future of NFT after 5 years.

Cheers.

•••
Why worry about someone else business, beside how many people here has a million dollar?

Don't need to dream.

Last edited:
•••
Can I have the 2 Million & I will give you NFT.com in spirit and good wishes :)

•••
•••
I don’t get the comparison.

•••
I don’t get the comparison either. Meet is an actual dictionary word with a wide scope of usage.

NFT is a current hot ticket item but it remains to be seen how many projects and companies are actually going to use”nft “in their brand or product name.

I think the price was fair and the plural NFTS is still in a domainers hands. The seller made a calculated decision to sell at this price point. Who are we to question a great sale?

The majority of the thousands of Nft names that have been regged this year will either remain unsold or drop next year. Domainers always go nuts when a fad/trend hits but only the best of the best will actually sell. This name was one of them.

Not everyone will want NFT in their name and people need to remember that with ANY trend.

•••
The price of NFT.com should be higher.
Exactly. NFT.com --> 3 letter vs Meet.com which is 4 letter. NFT is so popular, people are spilling literally millions of dollars on NFT projects left, right and center.

It is like long-term vs short-term, if you know what I am sayin... We don't know the future of NFT after 5 years.

Cheers.
Well I have been reading and I disagree on this. It's only going to grow big. Looks like it would be a part of our daily life. Not sure if we would still call it NFT or something else. But it would be there in a bigger shape and form.

Can I have the 2 Million & I will give you NFT.com in spirit and good wishes :)
Lol.. If I had $2 million, I'd happily give it to you and get the NFT domain name from you only to sell it at $5 million, 2 years down the line. Unless I developed OpenSea competitor ;)

•••
Pointless comparison.

imo
Why do you think so? $2 mill vs $5 mill, 3 letter vs 4 letter, trend vs a generally good and popular term.
I am just pointing that NFT is undervalued looking at Meet.com sale.

I don’t get the comparison either. Meet is an actual dictionary word with a wide scope of usage.

NFT is a current hot ticket item but it remains to be seen how many projects and companies are actually going to use”nft “in their brand or product name.

I think the price was fair and the plural NFTS is still in a domainers hands. The seller made a calculated decision to sell at this price point. Who are we to question a great sale?

The majority of the thousands of Nft names that have been regged this year will either remain unsold or drop next year. Domainers always go nuts when a fad/trend hits but only the best of the best will actually sell. This name was one of them.

Not everyone will want NFT in their name and people need to remember that with ANY trend.
I disagree. You just need 1-2 sales to make returns many time over. Isn't domaining, in general, a 3-4% game?
A big part of domaining is fad. Tell me you don't own a futuristic tech or crypto name?

•••
Meet.com is the better domain by a mile.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back