Dynadot

domain NewYork.life

NameSilo
Watch

dacious12

Impact
Hello, I'm new to selling domains but I would like to sell newyork.life and I need help! What do you all think a realistic selling price is? I have received an offer and I really want to make sure it is fair. Sedo's Big Data Pricer suggested a price of $3,999 but I have no idea how accurate this is. Please, please help as I am in the middle of negotiations. I promise I will return the favor at a later date!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did the offer come through a buyer at Sedo - or a direct email?

•••
Direct email. I hadn't even posted a landing page yet.

•••
If it was just recently registered, there is a strong possibility it is a scam email that initially makes an offer to buy, and then follows up with needing an "appraisal" for the domain - and offering to point you to an appraisal service where you pay a fee.

Any mention of an appraisal?

•••
Oh, no ... I've already received an offer and the deal has been set up through a broker. All I have to do is submit my bank info and push the domain

•••
Its possible that this insurance company (i dont mention it here) wants it ?
Do some research on what type of names they own.
They are (via domaintools) associated with some 700 domains.
Good luck

•••
I don't feel like it is them. I'm just looking for a reasonable amount to expect. I know it is difficult since there isn't a history of these extensions being sold yet.

•••
newyork.life should not be web property!! I think new.life is web property. :$:

•••
newyork.life should not be web property!! I think new.life is web property. :$:

NewYork.life has more value than new.life.
NewYork - geo domain, highly commercial.. for shopping / restaurant reviews, forums, community, dating etc.
What is "new.life"?

•••
Yes, but how much is it worth? I'll take a ballpark estimate. Just anything to give me an idea.

•••
Yes, but how much is it worth? I'll take a ballpark estimate. Just anything to give me an idea.
develop it, and then sell it.

•••
--

Last edited:
•••
NYL has 120 trademarks filed on it...that doesn't mean it can't be used, but it does reduce the value if its not one of those people, and increases it if it is. Personally, its too likely to be a TM issue for me to have even registered it so i don't know the value.

•••
I appreciate everyone's help! I'm think I'm going to go ahead and accept the offer.

•••
Does the offer higher than $8K ? If yes, I think you can accept it.

•••
I can give you a few .life sales to give you an idea of their current market value. The first one is the closest to your domain, and sold very recently, however NY is also a city so it should have more value IMO.

Code:
california.life    $300    2015-12-11    Sedo
robots.life    $2500    2015-11-27    Sedo
rep.life    $222    2015-10-30    Sedo
divine.life    $500    2015-10-12    Sedo
add.life    $572    2015-10-08    Sedo
dig.life    $999    2015-10-01    Sedo
herba.life    $1115    2015-09-06    Sedo
app.life    $1310    2015-09-06    Sedo
managing.life    $125    2015-08-19    Sedo
tao.life    $400    2015-08-01    Sedo
simplify.life    $600    2015-07-24    Sedo
insurance.life    $995    2015-08-14    Sedo
advertising.life    $250    2015-07-17    Sedo
shift.life    $250    2015-07-02    Sedo
endless.life    $500    2015-06-30    Sedo
nurture.life    $350    2015-06-16    Sedo
metal.life    $250    2015-05-07    Sedo

•••
This is a perfect domain to represt a popular club or a chain of night clubs in newyork... Best of luck with dis .. :)

•••
Oh, no ... I've already received an offer and the deal has been set up through a broker. All I have to do is submit my bank info and push the domain
submit your bank info!! Why??

•••
•••
Haha, yes I meant to escrow.com. The buyer has accepted the transfer. As soon as the money is in the bank I'll let everyone know what I sold it for. Then you guys can make fun of me for selling it for such a low price :xf.confused:

•••
Deal went through for $5,000. Not sure if that was a fair price, high, or low ... but hopefully it was a good result for my first sale. I certainly learned A LOT. Thanks to everyone for all of the help, feedback, and advice!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back