IT.COM

Newbie question on BrandBucket

NameSilo
Watch

jjpwright

Established Member
Impact
Hi all, first time poster and domainer newbie. I have a question related to Brandbucket. I submitted 6 domains to BB for review and it currently is saying expect a wait time of up to 31 days for a response.

These domains are well out of 60 day lock and I just wondered if BB's decision to accept or not will be affected by if they see you have them listed for sale on other market places because I have a couple of them on Sedo and Afternic.

Do you generally make sure domains are not listed elsewhere when you are waiting for domain approval?
Thanks in advance.
Jay

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi all, first time poster and domainer newbie. I have a question related to Brandbucket. I submitted 6 domains to BB for review and it currently is saying expect a wait time of up to 31 days for a response.

These domains are well out of 60 day lock and I just wondered if BB's decision to accept or not will be affected by if they see you have them listed for sale on other market places because I have a couple of them on Sedo and Afternic.

Do you generally make sure domains are not listed elsewhere when you are waiting for domain approval?
Thanks in advance.
Jay

Hey Jay,

Welcome to NamePros,

No, it's not make any effect on their decision if your domain listed somewhere else when they are under review. It's recommended to list your domain for sale somewhere while it's under review because BB takes more than 30 days to review the name.

•••
Hi Furquah, OK that's great and thanks for the speedy response. Appreciate it.

•••
When listing to multiple places, remember to update each platform whenever you make a sale, edit to the listing, etc.

Last edited:
•••
•••
yeah indeed, I had domains listed somewhere else before brandbucket accepted them. It took almost 60 days I think. You could also try to submit your domains to squad help simultaneously and see what sticks. You can always delist a domain when it's accepted on both marketplaces.

•••
yeah indeed, I had domains listed somewhere else before brandbucket accepted them. It took almost 60 days I think. You could also try to submit your domains to squad help simultaneously and see what sticks. You can always delist a domain when it's accepted on both marketplaces.
Hi, OK good idea I will try that thanks.

•••
•••
•••
Exactly, don't worry about it, sell your name with whoever you want until accepted - BB don't look at this at all. Later the names they accept you'll be asked to confirm - you can agree or not to sell it with them exclusively.
But they are really taking their time, which kinda sucks. There is no justification of checking the names you paid for for 30+ days. In my case it was some 5 weeks, now the accepted name is on ''Editorial'' mode (guess they are creating a logo - I hope so!) for 12 days already. This is an ''exclusivity'' taking to the extreme...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back