Dynadot

question Newbie Question - How to find the registrars that carry a particular tld

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

leopardini

Established Member
Impact
I'm looking for registrars that carry a sort of esoteric tld. Is there a database that shows which registrars carry which tlds?

Thanks for any help

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks! Does ICAAN have a database? Tld-list.com is pretty fantastic but I didn't find what I was looking for.

•••
What TLD are you looking for?

•••
You can try finding the info in the particular registry website where most registries list the registrar's that are partnered to sell thier TLD.

•••
What TLD are you looking for?
My big idea was to register Napoleon.Corsica after reading that Corsica had it's own tld. I am writing a book about Nappy and I thought, "oh hey, perfect". Haha. Corsican bureaucracy isn't famous, but it should be. Lot's of problems on the island, always has been. It's still available if anyone wants the headache.

•••
You can try finding the info in the particular registry website where most registries list the registrar's that are partnered to sell thier TLD.

Thank you. That actually did the trick and I found the home page for Corsica's TLD, which dissuaded me from my not-very-great idea.

They have a rule you have to publish your website in the Corsican language (Italian variant) 90 days after publishing it in any different language. Nope. Big nope.

•••
Thanks! Does ICAAN have a database?
ICANN has a list of accredited registrars here: https://www.icann.org/en/accredited-registrars, but as far as I know no database of which TLDs hare handled by which registrars, since that depends on agreements between the registrars and the registries.

Also, keep in mind that ICANN do not represent country code registries, which are each under their own jurisdiction. Some subscribe to certain ICANN procedures, like UDRP, or policies.
Tld-list.com is pretty fantastic but I didn't find what I was looking for.
TLD-list will show you for any extension registrars that handle that, but only for the registrars that they query for their lists.

If you go to this section it will show how many extensions each registrar handle:
https://tld-list.com/registrars
Regery has most, with more than 2300 TLDs handled. That does not mean they handle the ones of interest to you , necessarily.

As has already been mentioned, the best way to find accredited registrars for an extension may be from the registry site.

-Bob

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back