IT.COM

Newbie question about parking domain - How to?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SEL

Established Member
Impact
I’ve been reading about parking domains for quite some time and I still don’t understand how I can make some money while having links, and ads on my site.
Can someone please explain to me, (break it down for me), how to park domain? Where? What are the fees I must pay, if any? What ads to put? Where to sign up?

Thank you all for taking time and effort with this question.

Much appreciated,

-Sel

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Parking is free at most firms. Most places do not allow your own content or links, but I know of 2 that do. The provider can decide on ads or you may be able to target the kind of ads. Just signup at a parking firm and follow the directions once your acct is approved. It is very simple.

•••
Say that I park domain at NameDrive.com and later I decide that I want to park it elsewhere, is that possible? Or I want to develop my own website?

•••
yes, it's possible. you're free to try as many parking companies you want that will pay you the highest per click on your keywords.

development is really the way to go for most domains but while you're thinking how to develop the domain, it's not bad to monetize it a bit that's via parking.

some parking companies require you to have at least min. number of domains before they approve your account.

•••
What are some good parking websites that I can use? Any recommendation?

•••
If you're interested in a solution that offers more than pages with links, i would like to present you one of my products. Take the tour to know more about Parking Revolution, that allows you to transform your domains into complete websites.

If you're not interested in transforming them into websites, i would recommend Parked.com or Fabulous.com. ;)

•••
Nobody answered this for me - if I parked the domain, cant I unpark it?

•••
Yep.

But do yourself a favor. Don't *pay* for any type of parking solution until you get to know your way around some.

•••
yes as i've said it's possible, it's your domain, people do that a lot of times to test which parking companies pays higher.

but on sedo if you unpark it and it's sold, you have to pay a bigger fee, so the dns needs to be that of what sedo is giving, or once you unpark on sedo, remove it from sedo's list as well.

sel01 said:
Nobody answered this for me - if I parked the domain, cant I unpark it?

•••
•••
What if someone else parked the domain, say on Parked.com, and now that I have it, (they sold it to me), I wish to park the domain on NameDrive.com, could there be a problem?
I think I am seeing problem, because when I parked the domain I have, it showing the page from Parked.com instead of NameDrive.com .. Can someone tell me how I can fix this?

•••
It can take the nameservers up to 48 hours to propogate properly sometimes. Just give it some time and it should change. :)

As long as you've changed the nameservers.

•••
That's what i did.
Domain was transferred to my account on GoDaddy and I did change the name server on it.
Thanks for the response :)

•••
No problems then...It should change within 48 hours or sooner.

Good luck with it all. :)

•••
I read on another forum that if you park a domain and then turn it into a regular website Google does not like it as much and may ignore it? Is this correct?

Thanks!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back