Dynadot

Newbie Introduction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arth

Impact
Thank you Help for providing your Introduction Templates and Response Tips.

What’s your name?
A: Arthur

Where do you live?
A: Augusta, Maine

What’s your level of expertise?
A: novice

How much experience do you have in the domain industry?
A: none

What would you like to specifically learn first?
A: Best way to approach Domain Marketing as an affiliate marketer.

Are you currently working on any projects or ideas?
A: Building a new WordPress blog called Trends Random for affiliate marketing.

What are your short-term goals in the next year?
A: Stop struggling on my retirement income.

What are your long-term goals in the next 5 years?
A: Not to have to “think before I spend”, especially at Christmas.

What was your first domain you purchased?
A: arthslinks.com

Why did you start investing in domains? Please tell us the story.
A: I have never really “invested” in domains, only tried to earn money online using different websites/blogs. None of them have has success. I’m trying yet again.

I found this forum by doing an “about” search on Google. I received a spam message on my new contact form, even though I have not published my first post.

The thread I found here was last updated in 2017, so I decided to join the forum and update the thread to help it stay current.

I’m not a very technical person, am a retired public employee with vision problems, still managing by using a 125% to 150% zoom in my web browser and sometimes the Microsoft Magnifier.

I will not allow my vision issues to stop me from trying to supplement my retirement income. I can still learn and grow.

This forum seems to be a good place to get educated by good people.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
Hi Arthur .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

The most important part of figuring out if a domain is good or not is in turn being able to figure out if a business (end user) will actually use the domain. On that note, being someone who has tried to monetise domains by actually building them out into affiliate sites, you have a bit of a head start for that perspective. That being said, there still is quite a bit to learn .. so definitely take your time to check all the corners of this forum.

One bit of advice given your vision problems is to check out the podcasts from Domain Sherpa and Domain Name Wire .. I listen to them all the time walking my dog! :)

Best of luck to you going forward! :)

•••
Hello Arthur and welcome to nps!

•••
Hello @Arth and thanks for the nice introduction. You will find a wealth of useful information here on the website - it's a good idea to spend some time reading and learning before you do a lot of buying.
Best to you!

•••
•••
One bit of advice given your vision problems is to check out the podcasts from Domain Sherpa and Domain Name Wire .. I listen to them all the time walking my dog! :)

Thanks for the good advice Ategy.com.

My affiliate marketing goals do not focused solely on domains. I have not decided to monetize my blog in this direction.

It is interesting and very complicated, with all the legal considerations.

I'll check out the podcasts.

•••
it's a good idea to spend some time reading and learning before you do a lot of buying.

We are always better off taking our time to learn about new possibilities before taking action.

Domaining, like many other areas, is better approached using our heads, not our "action button".

Much appreciated @J Sokol

•••
•••
•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back