Domain Empire

Newbie??... Income generating??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Okay guys I am new and I am sure this question will prove it to all.

I see people talking about how much a site generates in revenues daily. I think they are referring to using pay per click ads or something but I really am not sure.

I am trying to figure all this stuff out before I starve to death! LOL

Any patient tips for a newbie??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
generally if someone is saying they have revenue for a domain (without site) they are talking about a domain parking service where they can earn money from visitors that come to that parking page (pay per click). A couple example parking sites are sedo and domainhop.

•••
hmmmm...I guess I am going to have to look and learn more about that. I feel totallly clueless. :|

•••
basically all they are doing is purchasing a domain and pointing it to one of those company's. More traffic the better because you get paid per click.

•••
So let me see if I understand this... They take say ... tires.com which could easily be typed into browser... and instead of going to tires.com they go to one of these traffic sites???

•••
try domainhop.com...u will get an idea of how it works :)

•••
•••
Jamie Bing said:
Thank you.

hey..not a problem at all..glad i could help :)

•••
Domains make money two ways, either by parking or developing. The first one involves redirecting a domain name to point to a parking page that is filled with ads. This can be a page that you have or a page that is created by one of the services like DomainHop, Sedo, DomainSponsor among others. The domain makes money when someone (not yourself at all) clicks on the ad.

The other way is when a domain is developed into a site (the site makes revenue) usually refers to the site making money via ads or memberships or selling a product. There are a lot of places that will affiliate with sites to get sales, Amazon being one of them, and you get some percentage of the sales (or maybe even sales that are made by a referred customer later on) by displaying their products or their ads on your site. Google Adsense is a pay per click model that when someone (again not yourself) clicks on an ad, you get money.

How much you can make depends on lots of different factors, placement of the ads, what kind of ads, who the audience is, etc, etc. Affiliates generally pay more for a sale than someone does from a click (but not always), but it takes a while to figure out which ads work best where.

•••
Thanks again, I think I am starting to understand it. I have found some affiliate programs to advertise on a "how to" site I am building.

I am also getting adsense put together for that site.

This is a very fun way to make money!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back