Newbie Domain Investor with 2,000 plus domain inventory on hand

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamQuino

Upgraded Member
Impact
Hello everyone... I'm Sam Quino from the Philippines. A newbie in the domain name arena who had stocked up an inventory of more than 2,000 domains since I started investing last November 2015.

I had a day job working as a senior executive of an end-to-end logistics and supply chain company. I have been online for years but it has been in an "on-and-off" basis due to a very limited time spent for this particular activity. On top of my day job, I love working online. I have been an affiliate in clickbank, jvzoo, amazon and other affiliate market place, and had also been in Google Adsense.

Late last year, I started investing in domain names. And while I'm building up knowledge and skills required for a successful domain investor, I slowly bought domains. Today, my domain name portfolio has now reach to more than 2,000 plus and realized that it's not easy to manage this inventory without the tools required for effective domain management.

I'm on the next phase of this domain investing journey which is the "selling" side of the business. Had started using Flippa and Sedo, while outsourcing some to other domain brokers in Afternic and Uniregistry.

Namepros was recommended to me by one of my source of knowledge. So here I am, to learn more and share some of my experience in this challenging and wonderful world of domain investment.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Good to hear mate...

I see u from the Philippines, I don't suppose u are a fellow FMA practitioner?

Nope. Not much. Just a bit...

•••
•••
•••
•••
Hi, Welcome to NP.. Happy Domaining.. :):)

•••
Hi.

You are quite a pro compared to people like me :)

•••
Welcome

Can you share some of your domains with us?

•••
•••
•••
Sounds like a great start!

Hope I'm not stating the obvious..
I would make sure that I have a spare contact email, apply that to all accounts. Make sure you're visible.

I would also create a website & connect a twitter domain name that can be retweeted/promoted.

In terms of best domains dont forget to transfer for bulk discounts and/or extension time!

Selling..
I would consider building websites and then sell. My first sale to date had a starter website/script.
I was also offered to get into premium auction with the one that was built with a logo. Got 4 offers.

The greatest growth parking alexa rank for hand reg names was voodoo.com you can translate!

Other places to sell names or feature many. Paid apps on iphone I haven't tried yet.
Free Directories if you have landers.
DomainMonster look quite cheap for bulk transfers . NameSilo extend your time / months.
Name cheap is dearer to transfer but easy to label and to turn private on and off. As you may have financial or other domains you wish to remain private.
Places to sell names catchydomains.com
Places to sell names free.. Try missdomains.com

•••
Welcome man, I had started in may and till now i also have registered around 500 domains, probably going with same rate as you if not more, initially it was mostly crap, slowly i started learning specially since joining namepros has proved a lot helpful to me. Your friend suggestion to join here couldnt be more right for you. Wish you the best in your domain adventures. Cheers.

Last edited:
•••
Welcome and best of success to you! :)

•••
Welcome to the forum mate... :)

Greetings from India..

2k is a big portfolio..invest on the good and saleable ones only..

I made mistakes too..and i learnt that
we shouldn't go for quantity..go for quality of the domain names

...i don't know what's in your case...but its just my 2cents..keep the quality in mind ;)

•••
Hello and welcome to NP.
Am I reading this right ? You have bought 2K domains but you have yet to make a sale ? Why 2K domains ? Why not just ten but super-high-quality ?

•••
I slowly bought domains

Hi Sam, Welcome to NP.

I started investing one month before you and currently I have about 300 domains in my portfolio, I think that I bought too fast. While you are sitting on 2k domain and you think you slowly bought domains? Interesting. I hope you have purchased/regged great domains and make a lot of profit from them.

•••
What are you pricing your names at? If you want to sell you should price low, if you make $50 from each name you make $100,000. A portfolio that large are likely 99% hand registered names, is tough to sell.

•••
•••
Welcome to the namepros forum.

•••
What are you pricing your names at? If you want to sell you should price low, if you make $50 from each name you make $100,000. A portfolio that large are likely 99% hand registered names, is tough to sell.

hmmm I'm confused.. didn't he say its mostly aftermarket buys

•••
I wonder how much money went into that investment.

•••
I wonder how much money went into that investment.

I am also curious to know that.

2000 domains..not a single sale now...

How many inquiries are you receiving per month?

Please share if you have no problem.....just curious.

•••
Welcome to the forum mate... :)

Greetings from India..

2k is a big portfolio..invest on the good and saleable ones only..

I made mistakes too..and i learnt that
we shouldn't go for quantity..go for quality of the domain names

...i don't know what's in your case...but its just my 2cents..keep the quality in mind ;)

Thanks for the advise my friend... this is well taken..

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back