Domain Empire

New to the Business

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello, some of you may have seen me on this forum before, but I am very new to the business of selling domain names.

To sum it all up, I am looking into earning around $2700 by the end of September. First of all, I would like to know if selling domain names would make this possible. Second, I would like to know if this is possible by spending $50 or less.

I have registered 25 free .INFOs in addition to SegwayHT.net. I recently heard that you are not able to push the .INFOs into another account for a year. Is this true?

If someone who is relatively experienced could help me along, I would really appreciate it. I know how to use PayPal for transfers, and almost all of the "technical" side of selling domains. What I am not sure of is how to decide which domain names to register, how much to sell them for, and how to sell them all by the end of September to make a $2700 profit. Thanks in advanced! :wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's very possible but not very likely IMO. It only takes one end user sale to make that. There have been people doing this for a very long time and have yet to break the $1k mark. Your minute investment of $50 is not going to help you very much either. Also not to mention that if your .info were available to register for free, chances are not very many people would show interest so this makes your job harder by making those end user contacts. The end of Sept. is like a couple weeks, no way. It all depends on how good of a salesman you are because your domains arnt going to sell themselves. Your going to have to use other tactics besides a for sale sign and using a forum. Keep us updated and Good Luck.

•••
Kfkm09 said:
Hello, some of you may have seen me on this forum before, but I am very new to the business of selling domain names.

To sum it all up, I am looking into earning around $2700 by the end of September. First of all, I would like to know if selling domain names would make this possible. Second, I would like to know if this is possible by spending $50 or less.

I have registered 25 free .INFOs in addition to SegwayHT.net. I recently heard that you are not able to push the .INFOs into another account for a year. Is this true?

If someone who is relatively experienced could help me along, I would really appreciate it. I know how to use PayPal for transfers, and almost all of the "technical" side of selling domains. What I am not sure of is how to decide which domain names to register, how much to sell them for, and how to sell them all by the end of September to make a $2700 profit. Thanks in advanced! :wave:

Good luck, unless you get a few REALLY REALLY REALLY good ones there is NO chance. But almost all of them are gone. You'll have to spend 12 hours a day every day till the end of september finding ones that good.

But the easier way to make the money, there are tons of ones worth low/med XX, register thoes are re-sell them. It will cost more but you'll get some profit.

•••
Qwert said:
Kfkm09 said:
But the easier way to make the money, there are tons of ones worth low/med XX, register thoes are re-sell them. It will cost more but you'll get some profit.

Yes some profit is better than none. And your goal of $2.7k by the end of september with .info domains are almost impossible.

•••
Rather than aiming for a big sale, you will have better chance of making some money if you target and sell domains that are valued in the low to medium range.

I doubt your free .info names are going to bring in anything at all unless they are popular one-worders. Try to stick with .com if you can. Even that is not going to get you $2,700 for sure.

You asked which names to register. Something to keep in mind when registering domains is to ask yourself how that name might be used. If you can see a good potential use, then go for it. But don't expect to make thousands from it.

All the best!

Edwin

Last edited:
•••
You have no chance... Sorry. Go work a proper job for 24/7 for next few weeks and you'll get close

•••
To get a $2,700 profit expect to invest over $1,000 in superior domain names. Sales must be to end-users, no resellers will get you where you want to be. End of September is 98% impossible. I made my first sale of $77 a few days ago and that took a while from research to final sale (Ebay). Best of luck. This business is extremely fun if you make it out that way! If you are in the game to get rich quick you may go insane- it is extremely difficult from what I hear.

--James

•••
What everyone else above said. It took me a almost 8 months to make my first sale. It was for $3k which got me hooked :)

•••
In fact ,there is a truth for every business.
Working Hard.
No one can get big wealth without working hard.

Bean

•••
I am new to the Business too but I think you need to be more established, I mean 20 Days is not enough, but good luck.

GOD BLESS

•••
$2700 in 20 days with $50! LOL! i guess it is possible if you hit the domain lottery jackpot . otherwise...it sweat country. on the other hand if you invest a couple thousands...that might be different story;)

$50 really needs a quick miracle!

•••
Kfkm09, nothing is impossible. But the chances are Very small, give it your best shot to aim as high profit as possible, do not lose hope if you do not reach your expectation. Cheers pal~

With this in mind. You will find that the process of the game are much more fun. Enjoy playing it, have a nice day.

•••
try to get smaller increases before you go for the big stuff, then you will get the hang of it

•••
think of it as a hobby at least to start

I have made over 3 k without anything to start in 3-4 months, so give it a shot

I repeat i had absolutely no start up funds, just won a few contests here and got going

•••
Shoot, $3k in 3-4months (thats approx $1000 a month with no capital and no initial investment). jstep you really are wasted messing around in domain names. With that sort of business and entrepreneurial acumen you want to play in the big league. I have a 1st class honours degree in business management and a masters degree in modern business management in which I majoring in marketing and i must say NOTHING i learnt in any of my studies or work place environment has ever lead me to such success. I really do take my hat off to you...

What would make for a great read is if you started a new thread and chartered your progress over those wonderful months showing what you bought and what you sold and where you got your funds and what made you buy what you did and how you went about selling your names and what was your first purchase etc and then that would help people like kfkm09 looking to make nearly $3k in under a month with 50 bucks to spend????

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back