Dynadot

news New PayPal Policy Lets Company Pull $2,500 From Users’ Accounts If They Promote ‘Misinformation’

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
A new policy update from PayPalwill permit the firm to sanction users who advance purported “misinformation” or present risks to user “wellbeing.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-...users-accounts-if-they-promote-misinformation

• If you are a seller and receive funds for transactions that violate the Acceptable Use Policy, then in addition to being subject to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal’s damages caused by your violation of the Acceptable Use Policy. You acknowledge and agree that $2,500.00 U.S. dollars per violation of the Acceptable Use Policy is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal’s actual damages - including, but not limited to, internal administrative costs incurred by PayPal to monitor and track violations, damage to PayPal’s brand and reputation, and penalties imposed upon PayPal by its business partners resulting from a user’s violation - considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated because, due to the nature of the violations of the Acceptable Use Policy, actual damages would be impractical or extremely difficult to calculate. PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in any PayPal account you control.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#restricted-activities

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I promise I WON'T promise any misinformation :xf.wink:
By definition; “Misinformation” is unintentional.
“Disinformation” is intentional.

Hate this already; very easy to game the system — Paypal sucks; they keep getting more Political.

Last edited:
•••
Paypal doesn't always make the right decisions. They suspend accounts before investigating.
Example: Sav and paypal issue: suspended their account because of a domain that wasn't even related to their account.
The subtext here is that Paypal would be fining people for posting controversial information that they don't want people sharing, not that Paypal has a way to decide what is or is not misinformation. You post something true that isn't in line with their corporate politics, and they punish you with a $2500 fine that you can only recover by going to court and proving the info was true.

Good thing for them they backed off on this, but they still lost a ton of customers over it.

Last edited:
•••
The subtext here is that Paypal would be fining people for posting controversial information that they don't want people sharing, not that Paypal has a way to decide what is or is not misinformation. You post something true that isn't in line with their corporate politics, and they punish you with a $2500 fine that you can only recover by going to court and proving the info was true.

Good thing for them they backed off on this, but they still lost a ton of customers over it.

They were trying to scare people to stop talking about the poison covid shots, the 2020 election, speaking out against pedophilia, transgender surgeries, etc. Then people started closing their accounts and Paypal backed off.

•••
Great news!
This website is on top of everything;
It’s my guilty pleasure. PayPal backtracked!

1D04173A-D15F-4E28-A6EF-61C906B35B50.jpeg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...sh.html?ito=native_share_channel-home-preview

Last edited:
•••
Thank you!! Paypal’s former President.
Hat tip: My prev. post’s link. Thank you, sir!
9542CD31-EA4F-4A32-AC20-BE3F06586150.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
I think the whole story was good guys' false flag operation to wake people up. Same as fake Biden's stupid speeches. Btw I'm already awake, so I want my money.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Let's take a look at Epik's new Masterbucks TOS -

https://masterbucks.com/acceptable

You are independently responsible for complying with all applicable laws in all of your actions related to your use of Masterbucks services, regardless of the purpose of the use. In addition, you must adhere to the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy. Violation of this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a violation of the Masterbucks Terms Of Service and may subject you to damages, including liquidated damages of $2,500.00 U.S. dollars per violation, which may be debited directly from your Masterbucks account(s) as outlined in the “Restricted Activities and Holds” section of the Masterbucks Terms of Service Agreement).

https://masterbucks.com/restricted

• Act in a manner that is defamatory, trade libelous, threatening, or harassing;
  • Provide false, inaccurate, or misleading information;

$2,500 pulled from an account, for providing misleading information AKA misinformation.

How is this different than Paypal's policy that everyone trashed?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Let's take a look at Epik's new Masterbucks TOS -

https://masterbucks.com/acceptable

You are independently responsible for complying with all applicable laws in all of your actions related to your use of Masterbucks services, regardless of the purpose of the use. In addition, you must adhere to the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy. Violation of this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a violation of the Masterbucks Terms Of Service and may subject you to damages, including liquidated damages of $2,500.00 U.S. dollars per violation, which may be debited directly from your Masterbucks account(s) as outlined in the “Restricted Activities and Holds” section of the Masterbucks Terms of Service Agreement).

• Act in a manner that is defamatory, trade libelous, threatening, or harassing;
  • Provide false, inaccurate, or misleading information;

How is this different than Paypal's policy that everyone trashed?

Brad
Looks to be the same policy, perhaps Masterbucks is affiliated with Paypal? Either way, looks like Masterbucks will be yet another payment processor that people will be ditching.

There is no reasonable way anyone cannot trash a policy that allows a payment processor to steal money from people based on subjective judgments about what is or is not "misinformation".
Interesting note, despite all the press saying Paypal "backed off", they have not changed the policy at all.

Stock is down 7-8% so far, but I think that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited:
•••
Looks to be the same policy, perhaps Masterbucks is affiliated with Paypal? Either way, looks like Masterbucks will be yet another payment processor that people will be ditching.

There is no reasonable way anyone cannot trash a policy that allows a payment processor to steal money from people based on subjective judgments about what is or is not "misinformation".
Interesting note, despite all the press saying Paypal "backed off", they have not changed the policy at all.

Stock is down 7-8% so far, but I think that is just the tip of the iceberg.
Imagine being an Epik supporter that trashes Paypal for that policy, then Masterbucks literally using the same policy.

Well, I guess the difference is Paypal backtracked off that $2,500 for misinformation clause.
It is still on Epik's version of Paypal's policy.

:facepalm:

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Imagine being an Epik supporter that trashes Paypal for that policy, then Masterbucks literally using the same policy.

Well, I guess the difference is Paypal backtracked off that $2,500 for misinformation clause.
It is still on Epik's version of Paypal's policy.

Brad
As I said, Paypal hasn't backed off from anything. Their policy still says they will fine you $2500 for misinformation. It's just the news that is parroting some Paypal comments that they "didn't mean it" and claiming that they backed off. But nobody has backed off from anything.

https://www.paypal.com/us/legalhub/acceptableuse-full

Last edited:
•••
As I said, Paypal hasn't backed off from anything. Their policy still says they will fine you $2500 for misinformation. It's just the fake news that is backing up Paypal and claiming that they backed off.
So do you have a problem with Epik copying their policy, quite literally?

PP2.jpg

PP3.jpg

Then there is a link here -

PP4.jpg

That link goes to Paypal -

PP1.jpg

Attachments

• PP2.jpg
    PP2.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
•••
So do you have a problem with Epik copying their policy, quite literally?

Show attachment 224940

Show attachment 224941

Then there is a link here -

Show attachment 224942

That link goes to Paypal -

Show attachment 224943

Brad
Sure, but Epik is a much smaller entity and this thread is about Paypal. Thanks for pointing out that Epik now does this too (one of many shady things they have started doing recently).

Your point is, don't focus on PP because Epik just did the same?

Last edited:
•••
Sure, but Epik is a much smaller entity and this thread is about Paypal. Thanks for pointing out that Epik now does this too (one of many shady things they have started doing recently).

Your point is confusing. Don't focus on PP because Epik just did the same?
I don't agree with the policy, period.

I was just pointing out that supposed free speech champion Epik is using the exact same language, literally.

To have some company be able to "fine" you at their sole discretion crosses a very dangerous line.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

I was just pointing out that supposed free speech champion Epik is using the exact same language, literally.

Brad
Oh yeah, I think something drastic may have changed at Epik recently. I doubt they will still be known as the free speech champion in the future.

Last edited:
•••

To have some company be able to "fine" you at their sole discretion crosses a very dangerous line.

Brad
The thing about Epik deserves its own thread since it affects domainers specifically. Thanks for mentioning it.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I closed my PoopPal account long time ago.

•••
Epik changed hands last year, most likely the new owners do not value free speech but have no interest in announcing that fact. Googling "epik" shows results indicating it is a controversial "free speech" registrar.

Shortly after they were purchased, the media-touted hacker group "Anonymous" supposedly "hacked" them and released the personal info of "far-right groups". A suspicious person might conclude that they were purchased by the new owners so they could kill the free speech thing and go after far-right groups, but since they openly can't leak customer data without legal repercussion, claimed it was done by a bunch of nameless hackers who can never be identified.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Epik changed hands last year, most likely the new owners do not value free speech but have no interest in announcing that fact. Googling "epik" shows results indicating it is a controversial "free speech" registrar.

Shortly after they were purchased, the media-touted hacker group "Anonymous" supposedly "hacked" them and released the personal info of "far-right groups". A suspicious person might conclude that they were purchased by the new owners so they could kill the free speech thing and go after far-right groups, but since they openly can't leak customer data without legal repercussion, they claimed it was done by a bunch of nameless hackers who can never be identified.

Interesting that they have the exact same terms as Paypal now, it almost seems as though all these major companies are partnering together to push a censorship agenda.
Their new CEO was also supposed to be some free speech champion.

https://domainnamewire.com/2022/09/02/epik-gets-new-ceo-as-rob-monster-moves-to-non-executive-role/

Epik will continue to stand for free speech. It is extremely important to me to see core values of freedom, truth and liberty reflected in all we do at Epik.

I am concerned about free speech as I look at what is happening across America. People are actively trying to silence people like Joe Rogan, Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock just for talking and telling jokes.

More conversations, more speech, more debate—that is what makes people more informed and more compassionate.

With this TOS, it looks like that might not actually be the case.

Brad

•••
Paying people 2.5k to close their account Who would keep it open? Let alone taking it. People leaving in droves, and they back peddled on it but doesn't change the ethics. If they go broke it won't come as a shock if it wasn't for ebay they would be gone this week.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back