IT.COM

news New PayPal Policy Lets Company Pull $2,500 From Users’ Accounts If They Promote ‘Misinformation’

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
A new policy update from PayPalwill permit the firm to sanction users who advance purported “misinformation” or present risks to user “wellbeing.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-...users-accounts-if-they-promote-misinformation

• If you are a seller and receive funds for transactions that violate the Acceptable Use Policy, then in addition to being subject to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal’s damages caused by your violation of the Acceptable Use Policy. You acknowledge and agree that $2,500.00 U.S. dollars per violation of the Acceptable Use Policy is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal’s actual damages - including, but not limited to, internal administrative costs incurred by PayPal to monitor and track violations, damage to PayPal’s brand and reputation, and penalties imposed upon PayPal by its business partners resulting from a user’s violation - considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated because, due to the nature of the violations of the Acceptable Use Policy, actual damages would be impractical or extremely difficult to calculate. PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in any PayPal account you control.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#restricted-activities

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have no problem with these policies as long as it goes both ways. When the consumer feels PayPal violated their rights, we can debit their account.

•••
Paypal doesn't always make the right decisions. They suspend accounts before investigating.
Example: Sav and paypal issue: suspended their account because of a domain that wasn't even related to their account.

•••
•••
Big backlash on this people closing accounts en masse so they are backtracking.

•••
•••
Big backlash on this people closing accounts en masse so they are backtracking.
Yup, they try and probably will try again. They also figure why add it to the TOS when they can just do what they have been doing and shutting accounts and nobody can do anything.

•••
They've probably got blackrock to appease.

It's probably one of their core tenants

•••
when they can just do what they have been doing and shutting accounts and nobody can do anything.
PayPal is weird i have asked several times to close my account because i do not use it and no need anymore. But they said we can't do that because i am a valuable customer :D fckn' weirdos.

Last edited:
•••
PayPal is weird i have asked several times to close my account because i do not use it and no need anymore. But they said we can't do that because i am a valuable customer :D fckn' weirdos.
Email them back with a video of you shouting through a megaphone in the street about the CV19 vaXs efficacy being bad and I'm sure they'll get it sorted in a jiffy.

It may include all of your other mainstream bank accounts and social media accounts though... 😂

•••
next time you email them include the words MAGA, that should do the trick

•••
Bad for them, I m tired of this PP crap, we can use more crypto, also this crap of USD playing with ups and downs so you can buy less.
Crypto is high because is the real value of today money.
Elon Musk should have not sell Paypal, but i doubt we would see what is Tesla today if he did not do it.

Last edited:
•••
Error or not, it was drafted.
That tells a lot about this bigoted organisation and their delusions of grandeur.

Last edited:
•••
I recalled reading this and am not surprised.

Sounds like a “money-grab” akin to bank overdraft fees.

Last edited:
•••
Remember folks…!
“Misinformation leads to Disinformation”
(“There’s a difference between both?”)

I fear PP will give in to cancel culture Mobs.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Good luck trying to enforce that policy.

Brad
On the contrary, if they help themselves directly on an account they totally control, I would say it's easy.
Too easy. They may get sued afterwards. But it's unfortunately more "good luck trying to fight this theft" for you.

Last edited:
•••
Bitcoin solves this, though.

•••

noone believes u .. close account is easy for all.. some must do it to open in new country etc. u believe in fairies too?

•••
On the contrary, if they help themselves directly on an account they totally control, I would say it's easy.
Too easy. They may get sued afterwards. But it's unfortunately more "good luck trying to fight this theft" for you.

There would be so much backlash, as you can see before the policy was even used. I don't think it would be possible to really use in practice.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
There would be so much backlash, as you can see before the policy was even used. I don't think it would be possible to really use in practice.

Brad
I suspect, as with most people that are affected by these things that they will not have a loud enough voice to go against it in a big way. So often you hear about pp services locking people's accounts down and it messes up their entire small business.

I suppose the advice would be not to put all of your eggs into one basket. I don't trust pp personally.

•••
Paypal is a thief. Don't keep much money there. Move out most of your money as soon as you get it.
They keep the money, in theory I can withdraw it, but just in theory, all roads are blocked.

They act as lawmaker, jury, ..whatever that 3ple is. Obviously against separation of powers.
But I suspect Paypal might be controlled by good guys at the moment, and good guys want
everyone to see that how evil Paypal, and all other big corps really are.
No pain , no gain (gain=revolution).

•••
A new policy or feature coming into place, can often mean a new scam or way to swindle. Hope the positives outweigh the negatives, that's all I can say

Last edited:
•••
I have no problem with these policies as long as it goes both ways. When the consumer feels PayPal violated their rights, we can debit their account.
I agree, but they are holding our money and can debit their "penalty" whereas we don't have that option.

•••
I promise I WON'T promise any misinformation :xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back