IT.COM

New NamePros Kid on the Block ==>> :) Show me Love (I Hope)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel McEdwards

EntrepreneurEstablished Member
Impact
What’s your name?
A:
Samuel McEdwards
You can just call me Sam or Sammy or uncle Sam (not the IRS) :|

If you read past my name, you've already shown me love. :) I love you back!

Where do you live?
A:
New York City - The city that never sleep - The Big Apple.
I was born in the West, grew up in the North, now live in the East. The clock is ticking towards the South to complete the clockwise circle of my life.

What’s your level of expertise?
novice, intermediate, expert, etc.
A: With regards to domain selling, is there anything below "novice"? Put me there.

How much experience do you have in the domain industry?
years, experience, etc.
A: My experience is very little. 6+ years. I started buying/collecting domain names in July 2010. Don't be surprise because I'm young in years. :guilty: I've been buying domain names since then. I currently have 402 domain names in my portfolio.

What would you like to specifically learn first?
how to buy a domain, domain history, best selling strategies, government policies, etc.
A: Best selling strategies - I want to experience my first domain sale.

Are you currently working on any projects or ideas?
A:
Yes - I always have projects and ideas I'm working on. However, worth mentioning is; working on my first domain sale. As the founder, I'm managing the operations at Compuvate - providing digital marketing services such as: SEO services, PPC, Webmaster, etc. I'm also creating an interactive and user friendly webpage to list all the domain names I intend to sell.

What are your short-term goals in the next year?
A:
Sell some of my high level domain names to generate a 6 figure revenue which I'll use to develop and launch a startup project for a major application.

What are your long-term goals in the next 5 years?
A:
Investing and profiting from domain names and websites, learn and help as much as I can on this forum, make some friends here and possibly do some cool & fun projects together.

What was your first domain you purchased?
A:
My first registration of domain names were a bunch of them at once - 29. The first in the list was McLords.com - reserved for my overseas company - McLords Multi Services. Later, I had an holistic news network idea, so I purchased HolNews.com, HolNewsNetwork.com and HolNew.com. These followed by 402 domain names I currently have.

Why did you start investing in domains? Please tell us the story.
A:
I was just fascinated with the idea of having domain names. Especially high valued domains. So, from the day I started buying them, I'll purchase a domain name for any idea that comes in my head as long as that domain is available, even if it make sense to no one but me. Now though, I ensure the domains make sense to everyone. :$:

What’s your funniest domain story?
A:
When I manually captured an expired premium domain name the second it was deleted or dropped down. I kept thinking why will the owner allow such domain to expire. I monitored this domain for more than 8 months. It was funny because others were watching this domain too - and a newbie got it. Maybe I was just fortunate. Moments after I registered it, I got an email with a "greedy offer" stating they too were watching this domain. As you might be thinking, I turned the offer down in a heart bit. I think it wasn't because of the "greedy offer" that I decided to turn it down. It was due to the pride and feeling of having the domain - a strong sentimental value. A friend tried to convinced me to sell. He saw the $x,xxx offer as a great one. I didn't, and looking back, I'm glad I kept the domain.

In Conclusion:
I think I've said a lot for an introduction - I hope not too much. I look forward to learn from all the great domain minds on this forum.

Please, kindly point out to me any helpful info. Even if it's a critic - as long as it done in a respectful way (I hope).

I'm glad to be here.

Thank you for Reading!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hi, welcome to namepros.
Wishing you lots of success in your ventures.

•••
•••
•••
Hi Sam! Nice to have you on board, welcome to the forum!

•••
•••
Hi Samuel. Welcome to NamePros. I, too, am from New York (Bk). I used to live down south. lol.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Hi Samuel. Welcome to NamePros. I, too, am from New York (Bk). I used to live down south. lol.
@Candace Hey fellow New Yorker, Thank you for the welcome. Good stuff at: www.rockofbrands.com. Hope we get to meet some day. BTW: I'm sure we can arrange that. :) As for down South, I definitely have to go check there. I was meant to :laugh: - looking at the circle of my life ==>>started west => then north => now east. Next stop has to be South, just make sense. (Disclaimer: My Man cave is in New York though :laugh:)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Hey @Samuel McEdwards

Welcome to NP, hope you njoy ur stay here and all the best with ur domaining adventures!

•••
Hi @Samuel McEdwards ...welcome!! Enjoy your stay. If you can make it here, you'll make it anywhere!...

Here's wishing you great success!

•••
•••
•••
Hello Sam :) Welcome to Namepros!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back